PDA

View Full Version : photobucket help

stroma88
08-Jun-10, 00:16
Could someone please help me with photo bucket!
im always impressed with the sharp images that ive seen on here.
i was wanting to upload some photos of flowers onto the org so ive been trying to put them on photobucket first.
im finding that the image quality once the photos have been uploaded has been reduced quite a bit.
my photos were large so i resized them with photobucket. when i thought that this had been the reason for the low quality i resized them using photoshop but they are still not sharp.

maybe im just getting this all wrong though! i dont really use photobucket much.
or maybe flicker is the way to go.
ooor maybe im just being too fussy :P

any help would be appreciated!

plasticjock
08-Jun-10, 11:26
Could someone please help me with photo bucket!
im always impressed with the sharp images that ive seen on here.
i was wanting to upload some photos of flowers onto the org so ive been trying to put them on photobucket first.
im finding that the image quality once the photos have been uploaded has been reduced quite a bit.
my photos were large so i resized them with photobucket. when i thought that this had been the reason for the low quality i resized them using photoshop but they are still not sharp.

maybe im just getting this all wrong though! i dont really use photobucket much.
or maybe flicker is the way to go.
ooor maybe im just being too fussy :P

any help would be appreciated!

You've probably done this already...but just in case:
Before uploading, ensure that your images are jpeg (or gif or png) and that you have resized them to within the maximum dimensions and file size accepted on Photobucket Basic which is 1MB @ 1024 x 768 resolution (If you are using Pb Pro them you can maximise your images up to 20mb). If you post a .bmp image then the editor on Pb will convert the image to jpeg and this can lead to more image quality loss than by doing it on your own editing program.

If you find that you're still having quality issues after uploading, make a copy of the original image and add degrees of 'sharpness' to it before going to the uploading process. This may decrease the image clarity loss when viewed on screen via Pb.

stroma88
08-Jun-10, 15:10
Thanks for the help!
i have tried all those things but still struggling to get a sharp image up.
ive put a few up on flikr and there is quite a difference in quality so il think im going to use that from now on!