PDA

View Full Version : Free range eggs

Rictina
06-Jun-10, 14:45
Is there anywhere in the Thurso area where I can buy Free range Eggs ?

Please don't say a supermarket [lol].

Leanne
06-Jun-10, 14:55
I'm in Watten and have 2 dozen going spare at the mo. £1 for 6. Free range and fed on mixed food. They get table scraps in addition to chicken pellets for a more varied diet. Yesterday they had corn on the cob husks and pineapple. They are tasty eggs and have bright orange yolks!

Rictina
06-Jun-10, 15:20
I'm in Watten and have 2 dozen going spare at the mo. £1 for 6. Free range and fed on mixed food. They get table scraps in addition to chicken pellets for a more varied diet. Yesterday they had corn on the cob husks and pineapple. They are tasty eggs and have bright orange yolks!

Thanks Leanne, your hens sound to have a lovely diet. :)

Scarybiscuits03
06-Jun-10, 15:25
I think most of the butchers sell them, they get them from local farms.

seadog
06-Jun-10, 15:25
Most of the butchers and fish shops in Thurso sell free range. A bit more expensive but worth it. I never buy eggs from supermarkets:)

Serenity
06-Jun-10, 15:34
Most of the butchers and fish shops in Thurso sell free range. A bit more expensive but worth it. I never buy eggs from supermarkets:)

They seem cheaper to me? The ones in bews butchers and the beauty place opposite the post office are both a lot cheaper than so called free range eggs from the supermarkets. In fact, if I remember correctly, the ones in the beauty shop are cheaper or similar prices than most of the caged hen eggs.
And obviously so much better.

Lavenderblue2
06-Jun-10, 17:41
You can get very good locally produced eggs in Frasers Supermarket. :)