PDA

View Full Version : Jewellery Study

Deemac
01-Jun-10, 01:49
Test image before a jewellery product shoot.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh116/deemac1965/5DA_3341edit2Sm.jpg

pegasus
01-Jun-10, 12:03
Wow, crystal clear!

Deemac
04-Jun-10, 02:39
Here's one of the final images from the sess with a first stab edit. (Jewellery by Angus Mcbay)

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh116/deemac1965/5DA_3382edit2Sm.jpg

dragonfly
04-Jun-10, 08:34
love the first one but going to be extremely picky here about the 2nd one

if its for promotional use I think I, as a potential purchaser, would like to see the colour of it, especially the centre ball. The fish look scratched which would put me off purchasing it and also the reflections are off putting (were there 2 windows behind you?) I do like the background you've used

Looks like nice jewellery tho

cazmanian_minx
04-Jun-10, 18:50
I'm also going to be ultra-picky - you can't see the type of clasp used in either of them, which is important to me when I buy jewellery (hate bolt rings and S-hooks!)

annthracks
04-Jun-10, 20:16
I'm gonna be ultra picky too and suggest you use small aperture & long exposure to get all of the item in focus.:)

Chewyhairball
04-Jun-10, 21:32
I dont know about clasps and things, not being a jewelery wearer..;)..but as a photo i love the first one and the DOF in it. It really makes the picture interesting for me...then again maybe thats no use for selling (shrug)...id buy it..lol

annthracks
04-Jun-10, 22:16
.then again maybe thats no use for selling (shrug)...id buy it..lol

There you go Deemac, tell them they'e got one sale :) in writing!

Deemac
05-Jun-10, 02:11
Thanks for all the comments. Good to know your thoughts. (I never thought about the clasp details etc.)

These images are intended for use in a gallery exibition program so a more arty, vibe theme was the goal rather than a catalogue type accurate, product image. (hence the shallow DOF and lack of complete overall detail).

They were shot by placing the items in a light cube with Elenchrom studio flashes fitted with soft boxes both left and right. The camera was mounted on a tripod with remote shutter and flash triggers.