PDA

View Full Version : Cuckoo

keithmuir
28-May-10, 16:54
Am I going cuckoo or could I be hearing one in Canisbay area? Never heard one here before! Does anyone know if they come here?

Pterodroma
28-May-10, 17:07
Hi Keith

Cuckoo calling near Dunnet this afternoon. They are not uncommon - plenty of Meadow Pipits about, which is one of their preferred hosts

Pterodroma

groater
28-May-10, 17:25
hi keith been hearing one up behind derrys for about a week now i posted it sometime last week your not hearing things nor is it err indoors

pegasus
28-May-10, 19:14
heard several of them today

Alice in Blunderland
29-May-10, 09:10
We can often hear a cuckoo calling in the trees opposite our house near Sarclet. :D

TisIivy
08-Jun-10, 07:19
myself and my granddaughter saw one sitting on a wall in wick on monday first one I've seen in a long time (last time when I was a teenager)asked granddaughter do you know what kind of bird that is and was most surprised when she said a cuckoo as they had been doing something in school about them the week previous.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
08-Jun-10, 07:53
hey Keith you can hear one around Hilltop / Harrolds buses in Groats too..... heard it Fri/sat and sun!!

skinnydog
08-Jun-10, 20:16
There is one out here in Janetstown but he sounds quite far away - almost in the golf course direction. Sounds lovely!

Skirza
13-Jun-10, 10:51
We've had one around Skirza for a few weeks now :)

Loafer
13-Jun-10, 20:23
There is one out here in Janetstown but he sounds quite far away - almost in the golf course direction. Sounds lovely!

I usually love the sound, but not as I am about to take a putt!! DEFINATELY near the golf course!!!

The Loafer

veekay
24-Jun-10, 17:21
I am sure no positive I heard the cuckoo again today. I heard it at the beginning of the week as well. Any one else hear it? (Mey area)

Fran
24-Jun-10, 18:17
I hear them a lot in the day and night at Spittal, never heard one before, it's lovely.