PDA

View Full Version : Help for Heroes Charity Bike Ride

Anfield
25-May-10, 11:31
Good luck to all riders participating in this event.
The following is taken from their website (http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ )

"..Help For Heroes is the charity that does exactly what it says on the tin.
As far as we know, Help For Heroes is the only charity that can say it is 110% effective - we can guarantee that for every £1 donated, £1.10 will go directly to helping wounded service men and women. So, we do exactly what we say on the tin – your donations go directly to supporting the wounded boys and girls.."

BRIE
25-May-10, 12:57
I past a large group of runners on the way to Wick doing the John O Groats to Lands End in aid of this Charity, a very worthy cause.

northener
25-May-10, 13:31
HFH certainly appear to be getting a lot of support.
In the last 12 months I've seen a lot of individuals and small groups raising money for this cause, good luck to 'em.

veekay
25-May-10, 17:26
My kid sister is taking part in the Battlefield bike ride for help for heroes as are some 299 others. Most of us can't do this but we can all put the odd penny or two in a collecting tin. Good luck to all of them whether it is Landsend to John O' Groats or all the battle fields in France. Our thoughts are with them

nightspirit
25-May-10, 19:11
Ran into a group of these guys on sunday in Largs working their way up nore ti inverness had come from brighton over the past few days says they met up with a load that came down from john o'groats seems to be a few rides going on for these guys - good to see people appreciating the sacrifice made by these brave ppl.

ClachanHope
25-May-10, 19:20
I'll give my money to them!
Mine won't be going to China, that's for sure.

The Drunken Duck
25-May-10, 19:32
Humbling to see the troops getting so much support from the public, mates still in tell me that is all very much appreciated.