PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to the rabbits/

you
23-May-10, 19:52
On several journeys around Caithness and down the A9 I have not seen many rabbits recently. What has happened to them? Anyone know?

Tubthumper
23-May-10, 20:01
They're all here, eating ma plants, bark-stripping ma trees, digging up ma spuds.
I'm a soft touch for wildlife, but I'll shortly be purchasing (a) a ferret (b) a wee heavy spade and (c) an air rifle. [evil]

By the way, if anyone is using those humane traps for bunnies, can you PLEASE not empty the things near anyone's home? Humanely out of your life and into someone else's vegetable patch is not really very sporting. [evil]

ducati
23-May-10, 20:05
Ah, that might explain it. A single lone baby bunny turned up in the last couple of days in the garden. I don't mind at all, particularly if he eats grass. He looks awfy lonely though :( If he likes carrots he will starve to death waiting for mine to show :eek:

Tubthumper
23-May-10, 20:18
I didn't mind when it was just a couple of wee baby ones, Duke, but lately they've grown up, got jiggy, brought in their relations and sent for reinforcements.
A lot of money & effort wasted. My poor carrots will be a long time coming as well!

Kenn
23-May-10, 21:52
Get a pair of resident buzzards he he...the rabbits here get short shrift.

Tubthumper
23-May-10, 21:59
My resident weasel is neglecting his duties - stoatally! Must be getting soft.

Leanne
24-May-10, 08:42
Bad winter :(

smithp
04-Jun-10, 23:44
Obviously the bad winter - rabbits don't eat bark as a preference.

adi1
06-Jun-10, 12:52
On the train to Inverness recently I noticed a colony of rabbits in Brora with about a 70% normal brown but the other 30% being black or a brindle mix. Often see a rogue black rabbit but never as many as this [over 20]

brandy
23-Jun-10, 22:30
pet rabbits getting loose and adding to the gene pool?