PDA

View Full Version : Open to full page with IE8 / Vista?

daviddd
21-May-10, 22:01
Has anyone fathomed how to get IE8 to open with a full page yet? I tried but failed to sort this a year ago - very annoying!

charlie
22-May-10, 12:02
Vista "remembers" the last setting when u close IE8 down.

So open up a browser window as you normally do.
(I asssume this opens a reduced sized window).

Make it to full size like you would usually do.
Close that browser window by clicking the X.

Fire up the browser again and it should open as you left it in previous step (full screen).

Is that what you mean??

Niall Fernie
22-May-10, 17:08
Pressing F11 should make IE go fullscreen.

Also if you're having trouble with it remembering the window size, try setting the size you want then going to the "File" menu and clicking on "Exit".

daviddd
22-May-10, 18:49
Vista "remembers" the last setting when u close IE8 down.

So open up a browser window as you normally do.
(I asssume this opens a reduced sized window).

Make it to full size like you would usually do.
Close that browser window by clicking the X.

Fire up the browser again and it should open as you left it in previous step (full screen).

Is that what you mean??
This doesn't work Charlie, but I'll try Bill's tip later when I get home....

charlie
23-May-10, 00:10
daviddd,

Let us know how you get on with Niall's suggestion.

If it doesn't resolve, can you clarify if this is EVERYTIME you open an IE8 browser window? That is, when u go Start - click IE or whatever the circumstances.

Alternatively, is it restricted to occurring in certain distinct circumstances,perhaps when you click a desktop shortcut or maybe a link within another window?

dx100uk
23-May-10, 02:47
there two ways to do this:

1. the faff around methods:

Internet Explorer is designed to perform in the way you are experiencing. When you open the program you can set it to maximized by the Properties of the shortcut. When you click a link as Open in New Window the window will be in the size of the “draw” window, at the setting you closed the last window in. One solution is to draw a window that fills your screen.

or

Open the IE8 and size the window to your liking. [by dragging the corners]. Then hold down the CTRL key while clicking the red “X” to close the program. This will set the IE window to open at this setting every time.

2. you can install IE New Window Maximizer and forget about it!
http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/ (http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/)

dx