PDA

View Full Version : Search for 2010 wick gala queen

sweepy
15-May-10, 21:49
applicants for gala queen or attendants for wick gala 2010 .Anyone living in wick and in years s4 to s6 are eligible to enter, application forms available from blythswood bridge street wick closing date 23rd may 2010:)

WICKER10
15-May-10, 22:15
Does any one know what happened to the money raised in last Years gala Week.

Venture
15-May-10, 23:28
applicants for gala queen or attendants for wick gala 2010 .Anyone living in wick and in years s4 to s6 are eligible to enter, application forms available from blythswood bridge street wick closing date 23rd may 2010:)
Is this a new way of deciding who is going to be Gala Queen etc? I always thought it was picked by senior pupils at the High School. Perhaps I'm behind the times.;)

Liz
16-May-10, 00:31
Is this a new way of deciding who is going to be Gala Queen etc? I always thought it was picked by senior pupils at the High School. Perhaps I'm behind the times.;)

I was wondering the same Venture as the Gala Queen and attendants did indeed used to be chosen by senior pupils.

I was honoured to have been chosen as an attendant about a hundred years ago!:lol:

I take it that the Wick Gala Committee choose now from the applicants?

fender
16-May-10, 08:37
Always thought that this was a strange way to pick a Gala Queen. In a village not a million miles away from here a dance is held which advertises that the gala Queen and attendants will be chosen. Then a visitor is asked to pick them. Simple.

ducati
16-May-10, 14:27
The Herring Queen Festival in Eyemouth I used to attend, the girl that most resembled a Herring was chosen.

Or that is how it appeared :eek:

fingalmacool
16-May-10, 19:42
Many years ago in a sleepy village called Halkirk, the Gala Queen was picked by all the young people male and female in the local youth club, this privilege was quickly removed form our grasp when Laurence Begg won it by a landslide, "Ah good times":confused

caramel joy
17-May-10, 20:55
pupils are to apply for gala queen and committee chooses gala queen and attendants out applicants who apply. good luck to all who apply:)

Phill
17-May-10, 21:10
Bit of a thread jump but Scorrie's got a good contact......

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/grant.jpg

Mick Jagger & Leslie Ash's love child?

sweepy
18-May-10, 20:36
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poppy_88
20-May-10, 19:07
This is a much better way of selecting a Queen and court. In Thurso it's the senior pupils who pick, it's basically a popularity contest.

It's much better to have an group of independant adults pick someone who is bright, friendly and proud of their community than have it so Americanized.