PDA

View Full Version : Storms to bump into each other.

Tugmistress
05-Jun-06, 22:33
for those into astronomy ( i think that is the right word lol) .....

June 5, 2006: The two biggest storms in the solar system are about to go bump in the night, in plain view of backyard telescopes.
Storm #1 is the Great Red Spot, twice as wide as Earth itself, with winds blowing 350 mph. The behemoth has been spinning around Jupiter for hundreds of years.
Storm #2 is Oval BA, also known as "Red Jr.," a youngster of a storm only six years old. Compared to the Great Red Spot, Red Jr. is half-sized, able to swallow Earth merely once, but it blows just as hard as its older cousin.

the rest of the article can be seen here (http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/05jun_redperil.htm?list165874)

pedromcgrory
06-Jun-06, 03:23
for those into astronomy ( i think that is the right word lol) .....

June 5, 2006: The two biggest storms in the solar system are about to go bump in the night, in plain view of backyard telescopes.
Storm #1 is the Great Red Spot, twice as wide as Earth itself, with winds blowing 350 mph. The behemoth has been spinning around Jupiter for hundreds of years.
Storm #2 is Oval BA, also known as "Red Jr.," a youngster of a storm only six years old. Compared to the Great Red Spot, Red Jr. is half-sized, able to swallow Earth merely once, but it blows just as hard as its older cousin.

the rest of the article can be seen here (http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/05jun_redperil.htm?list165874)

lol wot u on about do u search the internet to look for stupid posts to post about something well never see more chance of someone falling of a cliff id say lol ,i

moonshadow
06-Jun-06, 03:34
thanks for letting us know tugmistress :-)
astronomy has always been an interesting subject. ill be watching

brokencross
06-Jun-06, 07:44
Thanks for that, If that big a storm is coming I'll make sure I have my wellies on and my umbrella with me.

neepnipper
06-Jun-06, 07:45
That's fascinating, amazing what goes on out there!

Oh, Tugmistess good use of the english language and punctuation (unlike others!).

Geo
06-Jun-06, 08:33
Fascinating stuff. Wonder will it be on the Sky at Night, (the program before anyone says yeah just look up!)

Geo
06-Jun-06, 08:35
lol wot u on about do u search the internet to look for stupid posts to post about something well never see more chance of someone falling of a cliff id say lol ,i

Actually it was a very interesting post.

Tugmistress
06-Jun-06, 09:19
Actually it was a very interesting post.

thank you Geo.
I just thought a few people would be interested as we have quite a few sky watchers in caithness due to the quality of air around us :)

Neepnipper, thank you ;)

Kenn
08-Jun-06, 00:32
Thanks Tugmistress for the posting not sure I will be sitting up though.

Thought this might amuse you..it's the local prayer where I originate from.

"From ghoulies an' ghasties and long leggety beasties and things that go BUMP in the night, may the good lord deliver us."