PDA

View Full Version : STV Tonight ~ Lewis/Cluedo

3of8
03-May-10, 00:12
Anyone else watch this tonight? Me and Mrs 3of8 reckon some of the characters were taken from Cluedo - albeit with some changes.

The name of the murder victim was Mr Black who lived in Tudor Crescent similar to Cluedo's Dr Black of Tudor Mansion. He was killed with a candlestick.

One of the residents of the fictional mansion in the programme was a young woman called Scarlett Mortmaigne ~ Miss Scarlett.

There was a priest called Father Jasper and the stone jasper is green ~ Rev Green.

There was a Professor Pelham (say Pelham quick and it sounds like Plum) ~ Professor Plum

The person resident in the hall and shot in a civil re-enactment was called Coleman, as in Colman's Mustard ~ Colonel Mustard. Will have to re=watch to see if he was a colonel.

I can't find a reference to Mrs Peacock or Mrs White, but Scarlett was to marry a man by the name of Tarek Shimali and the verb for Shimali from the Urban Dictionary means "the act of being dumb, blonde, retarded or clueless." Blonde? White? Maybe.

Finally, for those who are interested, the butler did it! That bit I've written in white type so that those who've taped the programme don't have it spoiled. Highlight it to see it.

nightowl
03-May-10, 09:26
Fantastic!
I did watch it last night but admit all the connections to Cluedo went over my head. If it was deliberate, the writers have done a grand job and well done to you for picking up on it. Must watch it again and pay more attention to the "missing". Maybe there was a peacock calling in the background as they do on these grand estates:lol:

Sandra_B
03-May-10, 09:31
The man shot in the re-enactment was retired Army.

treasureman
06-May-10, 10:08
There was a Professor Pelham (say Pelham quick and it sounds like Plum) ~ Professor Plum

The person resident in the hall and shot in a civil re-enactment was called Coleman, as in Colman's Mustard ~ Colonel Mustard. Will have to re=watch to see if he was a colonel.

Coleman was introduced as "Colonel".

The name Pelham [ as in PG Wodehouse] is usually given the nickname "Plum". PG was known as Plum to many people. Sir Pelham Warner was a notable West Indian cricketer and writer [ "Plum" was a spy in Vanity Fair] and he was always known as Plum.

"Plassiter" is the genus which includes the peafowl - of which the Peacock is the male of the species. Edward Le Plassiter was the character.

I thought it was brillient and will try to link other bits