PDA

View Full Version : Face in the fire?

dafi
01-May-10, 00:20
As its the dawn of beltaine im sure its good to stare into a fire and be thankfull and hopefull for the frutfullness of life in all its diversity.........im not sure what was staring back tho :)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/dafiduck/IMG_2239.jpg

unicorn
01-May-10, 00:32
ewww that is the evil octopus lord :lol: Hope you can sleep after he eyeballed you [lol]

Kenn
01-May-10, 01:11
Brilliant shot dafi....it does n't matter what you see, it's the essence of being close to the earth that matters.
I was always taught, tred lightly, leave no imprint so that others will not see a scar upon the landscape.

nirofo
01-May-10, 20:24
Brilliant shot dafi....it does n't matter what you see, it's the essence of being close to the earth that matters.
I was always taught, tred lightly, leave no imprint so that others will not see a scar upon the landscape.

A good thought LIZZ, it's a pity that others who rape this world don't see it that way !!!

Great image DAFI, reminds me of when I was a bairn, I used to sit gazing into the fire for hours, I thought it was magic when the wood started spitting out sparks all over the place. I remember seeing lions and dragons heads in the flames, my gran used to say if you stare too long you'll see something you shouldn't; not sure what she meant by that ?

nirofo.

shazzap
01-May-10, 20:28
I thought octopus or squid the same as Lizz.
Brilliant shot though.

wifie
01-May-10, 23:39
Love staring into a fire but yer spookin me now nirofo! :eek:

dafi
02-May-10, 10:20
This is making for some interesting replies. I like how the mind can jump to conclusions through an association of shape, colour and memory to convince your self you can see something that’s not there.

I didn’t see an octopus’s face until unicorn pointed it out.! Then it fairly jumped out at me…like an alien face hugger …..ooerr

I was looking at it and I saw a goaty shaped devil head with big horns and gangly mouth parts… The whole thing facing off to the left.

I must admit when I started taking snaps of it I thought it looked like a far more inocent starfish!!:D

kas
02-May-10, 10:31
It minds me of Shelob, the spider in Lord of the rings. Scary[disgust]