PDA

View Full Version : First Flight Leaves Wick This Morning

Murph
20-Apr-10, 08:10
The first flight after the volcano dust has left wick at seven oclock this morning the keep saying on the news that glasgow had the first plane out at 7.20am but there wrong lol. I wouldnt go on a plane just now would you?

ducati
20-Apr-10, 08:12
The first flight after the volcano dust has left wick at seven oclock this morning the keep saying on the news that glasgow had the first plane out at 7.20am but there wrong lol. I wouldnt go on a plane just now would you?

EER No :lol:

Venture
20-Apr-10, 08:18
Seems it may only be a small window.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267348/Iceland-volcano-eruption-New-volcanic-ash-cloud-bound-UK-halts-reopening-airports.html

weeksider
20-Apr-10, 09:03
A Helicopter flew over Wick last night going north ,did anyone else see it go overhead ?

pat
20-Apr-10, 09:17
Live in Stornoway, on Isle of Lewis - helicopters have beeen moving around here, mainly from the military exercise which has been going on in waters around the North of Scotland. Thought I saw our Search and Rescue helicopter landing at the hospital the other hight - well it looked like the SAR one and was red and white.
Do not understand why the flights are not flying as the dust is much much higher than our aircraft up here climb to when flying - in fact higher than most flights from Inverness to London get, so why are they not flying?

I am blaming the Icelandic problem for bringing us this sleet, snow, hail and very sharp winds - wish it would pass over quickly.

Have been missing the Con Trails as the flights head over the Atlantic and watching the aircraft take off/land from out of my kitchen window - keep looking thinking the Glasgow lunchtime flight is due or the Benbecula flight is just taking off (sounds different) or the military aircraft are doing rollers at the airport, makes me realise how the time is passing when I hear another aircraft overhead.

Sara Jevo
20-Apr-10, 11:56
There seems to be another big plump of ash getting spouted up and heading towards the UK, so maybe not too long until it all shuts down again?

Venture
20-Apr-10, 19:20
Quite a few on that first flight from Wick this morning only got as far as Aberdeen and were on a train back to Wick by 9am. ;)

johnlc
21-Apr-10, 06:57
My man is supposed to be getting home from offshore today so am hoping he will xxxx