PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Rooney

Saveman
30-May-06, 11:15
Excellent player, big loss to the England team and all that...but why oh why do they have to go on about it every single day??

"Rooney Scan Date Moved Forward!" So what? It's really going to be pushing it for him to have any part so why not just accept that and get on with preparing the rest of the team??

Not that I'll be supporting England or anything...... [smirk]

Billy Boy
30-May-06, 11:19
there just getting warmed up for when they win the world cup,then they will be at full volume:eek:

Ricco
30-May-06, 11:43
New Flash!!

Rooney has ingrowing toenail - will sit on the subs bench!

(sorry - couldn't resist it) :lol:

footie chick
30-May-06, 13:00
Excellent player, big loss to the England team and all that...but why oh why do they have to go on about it every single day??

"Rooney Scan Date Moved Forward!" So what? It's really going to be pushing it for him to have any part so why not just accept that and get on with preparing the rest of the team??

Not that I'll be supporting England or anything...... [smirk]

They're getting their excuses ready for when the get beat! :lol:

ŠAmethyst
30-May-06, 13:06
New Flash!!

Rooney has ingrowing toenail - will sit on the subs bench!

(sorry - couldn't resist it) :lol:

um, broken right foot...

Ricco
30-May-06, 13:33
um, broken right foot...

Sorry, Amethyst. I was taking it one step further into the ridiculous. I know he has broken his 4th metatarsal.:confused

footie chick
30-May-06, 13:35
Who doesn't know which bone hes broken?

MadPict
30-May-06, 13:37
If I hear one more piece about Shrek Mooney I will throw something at the TV.

Are we so short of good players all the hopes of England rest on whether he gets his foot repaired?

Glad I don't follow the game.......

Ricco
30-May-06, 13:40
If I hear one more piece about Shrek Mooney I will throw something at the TV.

Are we so short of good players all the hopes of England rest on whether he gets his foot repaired?

Glad I don't follow the game.......

MadPict - I love your phrase 'Shrek Mooney' wonderful!

We do have some good players - watch out for Theo Walcott if he gets a play. Very fast and skilled in placing the ball where its most needed.

:cool:

buggyracer
30-May-06, 13:47
im enjoying it all, it will just make them even more desparate, there going to make a fool of themselves anyway!

The Pepsi Challenge
30-May-06, 14:20
I heard a news reporter say that Rooney should be fit for the quarter finals. If that's not another indication of the England media's contemptous arrogance, I don't know what is. I will be wearing my Sweden and Trinidad & Tobago jerseys when the time is ready. A first round knockout sounds sweet.

wicker
30-May-06, 14:46
How many people here are actually going to be supporting england during the world cup? I for one definately am without a doubt.

willowbankbear
30-May-06, 15:05
I heard a news reporter say that Rooney should be fit for the quarter finals. If that's not another indication of the England media's contemptous arrogance, I don't know what is. I will be wearing my Sweden and Trinidad & Tobago jerseys when the time is ready. A first round knockout sounds sweet.

T&T shirt with Andrews on the back LOL, or the Scotland surname. Swedish top with Svennson on it NO? Okay thats pushing it, Larsson, fair enough.

Good to see Madpict back, where ye been man?

Im not supporting any1 bar spain, once they go out Ill try to enjoy the games I do see

lassieinfife
30-May-06, 15:16
thought wayne rooney was the england team..........:D

The Pepsi Challenge
30-May-06, 15:17
You're right about Scotland. Re: Sweden: Jonson (Mattias).

Billy Boy
30-May-06, 15:23
http://www.laughfc.co.uk/zimages/heskey_rooney.jpeg

Ricco
30-May-06, 15:27
http://www.laughfc.co.uk/zimages/heskey_rooney.jpeg

Excellent!!

willowbankbear
30-May-06, 15:57
[lol] Whos the donkey? emille heskey?

Billy Boy
30-May-06, 16:50
http://www.office-humour.co.uk/includes/images/items/2006/05/4205_thumb.jpg (http://www.office-humour.co.uk/download.cfm?id=4205)

2little2late
30-May-06, 18:04
If Wayne Rooney doesn't play at all in the world cup and WHEN England don't win it, the excuse will be Wayne Rooney's metatarsal. If Rooney does play when England DON'T win the world cup the excuse will be Wayne Rooney's metatarsal.

Although I am English myself I really hate all the hype about England and Rooney.
I am just hoping and praying England do not win the world cup. Couldn't do with another forty years of gloating.

MadPict
30-May-06, 18:13
Good to see Madpict back, where ye been man?

Self imposed exile.....

2little2late
30-May-06, 18:19
http://www.office-humour.co.uk/includes/images/items/2006/05/4205_thumb.jpg (http://www.office-humour.co.uk/download.cfm?id=4205)
Absolutely hilarious. One could actually believe this is really happening.

Rheghead
30-May-06, 18:20
I can remember the last world cup and Beckham was going through the same thng, world cup failure was blamed on his meta-tarsel as well. I think time has come to bite the bullet and choose a replacement for Rooney now rather than later. The team can train as a team instead of waiting for wonderboy. England have a cup-winning team without rooney anyway.

scorrie
30-May-06, 19:31
I can remember the last world cup and Beckham was going through the same thng, world cup failure was blamed on his meta-tarsel as well. I think time has come to bite the bullet and choose a replacement for Rooney now rather than later. The team can train as a team instead of waiting for wonderboy. England have a cup-winning team without rooney anyway.

What have England done to prove they are a cup-winning team?

I just don't see it myself. They spend most of their time trying not to get beaten and I hope a more attack-minded team will succeed in lifting the trophy.

40 years without lifting one of the top prizes means I can safely pass them over at 11/2 second favourite. That is appalling value.

The Pepsi Challenge
30-May-06, 19:55
I thought all chit-chat on football was banned, no?

JAWS
30-May-06, 20:43
It would appear that the only person in the whole of Europe who has been totally unaware of Wayne Rooney's injury is the England Manager.
Poor Sven, it would seem, has decided he only has a week to work out tactics to cater for the fact that Rooney probably won't play. :eek:

And you Scots think you've had some empty-heads for managers! :)

mccaugm
30-May-06, 21:10
[evil] The hype is driving me nuts...and no doubt all decent programming will be abandoned for the next month. My favourite programme is always ousted in favour of football....why can't football be moved to a digital channel and give us mere mortals a chance to live our lives without being subjected to football.....24/7. OK Rant over....for now!....Gimme a fortnight and I will probably be at fever pitch (excuse the pun).

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-May-06, 21:32
I don't think Rooney will make it in time.Read that Alex Ferguson is fizzin' about all the media hype trying to get him in the squad.

Maybe Marvin Andrews could be called on to be the new England doctor.

krieve
30-May-06, 22:06
I think that they should stop banging on about Rooney, concentrate on the rest of the team. Who really cares if he can't play because he is injured, i for one will not loose sleep over him not being able to play.:roll: :eyes

willowbankbear
31-May-06, 12:05
I think that they should stop banging on about Rooney, concentrate on the rest of the team. Who really cares if he can't play because he is injured, i for one will not loose sleep over him not being able to play.:roll: :eyes

Why not? you should, Hes wayne Rooney, the saviour

Astra
31-May-06, 12:23
Why not? you should, Hes wayne Rooney, the saviourHe's just another overpaid footballer i couldn't care if they all got injured and there was no more football. There more to life than 22 grown men running round after a ball of air and getting paid millions .

Billy Boy
31-May-06, 13:05
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/yodasmine70/wayneintraining.jpg

krieve
31-May-06, 13:14
Why not? you should, Hes wayne Rooney, the saviour
Eh???:confused: Savior roflmao!!!

wilma
31-May-06, 13:43
Wayne Rooney summed up in a couple of words as delboy says what a plonker![lol] :Razz

willowbankbear
31-May-06, 15:51
Eh???:confused: Savior roflmao!!!

Okay then, MESSIAH !!!

willowbankbear
31-May-06, 15:58
He's just another overpaid footballer i couldn't care if they all got injured and there was no more football. There more to life than 22 grown men running round after a ball of air and getting paid millions .

Ive got bad news for you, the world cup starts on the 9th June & it will be wall to wall coverage of football. If some1 offered ye a million quid a year to do something your good at ,would ye not take it? My answer is yep.

Pepsi, seems its just Rangers & celtic threads about football that are banned:Razz

dunderheed
31-May-06, 17:45
with or without rooney i don't see england getting any further than the quarter finals . when it all goes wrong it will be svens fault for not picking rooney or fergusons fault for bleating on about rooney not being fit.personally i just dont think they've got the intestinal fortitude to go further if you know what i mean.

what i find laughable is the people going on about how the english media go into overdrive about 1966, nobody comments about us scots gloating about a battle we won in 1314 all the time

willowbankbear
31-May-06, 18:57
what i find laughable is the people going on about how the english media go into overdrive about 1966, nobody comments about us scots gloating about a battle we won in 1314 all the time[/quote]

Who were we fighting with that day? I never saw it. LOL

candyfloss
31-May-06, 19:36
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/yodasmine70/wayneintraining.jpgOh, what a handsome devil[lol]

willowbankbear
31-May-06, 19:41
http://img431.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rooney8km.jpg

landmarker
31-May-06, 21:10
Well, I just watched yet another prog about 1966 and all that.... and it was a bit moving. All those lads now with tired eyes and grey hair. I'm about ten years younger - was fifteen when we won it - probably the last real thing England fans had to shout about. You Scots might rake up Bannockburn now and again and you're welcome to do so but at least on the field of Wembley, no-one got killed eh? I went down there the year after. 1967. For the visit of the Scotland team. I couldnae get a ticket after an all night hitch down and by two.pm we'd given up[ and got the tube to Coldblow Lane, New Cross - to watch Millwall at the 'old den' an experience I would not have missed.

Your boys beat the world champions that day so at least it gave you superior bragging rights for a while. Millwall? they beat Bristol City 2-1. It took me twenty four hours to hitch home but what a weekend.
All thes events ar epart of one mans rich tapestry of a part time love affair with football. Whoever you support or follow it surely is THE beautiful game.
Come on Ivory Coast!!

Phoebus_Apollo
31-May-06, 22:42
How many people here are actually going to be supporting england during the world cup? I for one definately am without a doubt.

I`m praying this is a sarcastic post:roll:...My trindad top is in the post!!!

landmarker
01-Jun-06, 21:45
Well, we bought our grand-daguther a replica kit today alomng with a world cup party kit full of novelty items -bunting/stickers/general tat lol - for a good old shindig on Saturday. I'm really sorry Scotland are not at the party too. A next round meeting between the two auld enemies would have been great.Maybe next time eh? I'm scouring e.bay for a clip on saltyre to balance out the red and white flag on me auld audi. I know I'm not a Scot but it's a heart and head thing. I might have to settle for a union flag though, saltyres are thin on the ground around here. England needs some good news a three nil win against Paraguay will do for now.

Clutchingatstrawsmarker