PDA

View Full Version : Probs with Orange Broadband?

KCI
17-Apr-10, 13:54
Probably in the wrong section, but if it's posted here, more people will see it!

Just wondering if anyone in Wick is having probs with their Orange Broadband? I've been having loads of probs for the last week or so - really annoying as I have some important stuff to do (farm won't run itself!)

Just trying to find out if it's just me, or an actual problem with Orange.
I think it's time to change provider!

riggerboy
17-Apr-10, 14:05
our orange has been all to pot for he last week as well, just thankful i`m offshore still get ma org time

KCI
17-Apr-10, 14:26
Thanks Riggerboy - it's not just me then!
I was starting to wonder!:roll:

Geo
17-Apr-10, 22:21
They've just done a deal with BT to use their infrastructure rather than having their own hardware in the exchanges, so maybe it will improve.

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/4/17/orange-abandons-llu-broadband-network-bt/

KCI
17-Apr-10, 22:28
Thanks for that Geo.
I've been thinking about changing to BT anyway, so maybe I'll just go ahead and make the change. Service is terrible at the moment.

Orange Response
19-Apr-10, 16:54
Hi KCI,

I work for Orange and may be able to help.

If you can email your landline number/broadband account number and best contact number to customer.services@orange.co.uk, I'll give you a ring to discuss.

So I can pick up your mail quickly, please add 'Jonathan Orange Response' in the first line.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
Orange Response Team

Serenity
20-Apr-10, 01:05
They've just done a deal with BT to use their infrastructure rather than having their own hardware in the exchanges, so maybe it will improve.

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/4/17/orange-abandons-llu-broadband-network-bt/

That makes zero difference to non llu exchanges like the ones in Caithness. Nice to see the company respond.

Bobinovich
20-Apr-10, 09:34
Thanks for that Geo.
I've been thinking about changing to BT anyway, so maybe I'll just go ahead and make the change. Service is terrible at the moment.

With all respect to Jonathan - and kudos for actually caring enough to register here just to make contact BTW - I've dealt with Orange Technical Support & Customer Services departments on behalf of a few customers. The experiences are usually dire and, at times, have left me incredulous at their lack of understanding. In many cases we've ended up moving ISP, sometimes after months of wrangling.

My general rule is that, while BT are by no means perfect, at least you're talking to the people running the lines and exchanges up here, rather than going through a 3rd party who then have to talk to BT and argue things out.

* Just out of fairness I've dealt with many other ISPs also (worst has to be AOL) but most do try and help. In general, once you stop them reading their script and they realise you've already answered all their questions in your first salvo, they listen and are mostly helpful.

Geo
20-Apr-10, 11:54
That makes zero difference to non llu exchanges like the ones in Caithness. Nice to see the company respond.

I don't think you can say zero difference as we don't know the terms of the new deal. There will be details on levels of service, call out times, uptime guarantees etc. The report says it is to improve its overall quality of service not just LLU. Time will tell.

Cattach
20-Apr-10, 14:59
With all respect to Jonathan - and kudos for actually caring enough to register here just to make contact BTW - I've dealt with Orange Technical Support & Customer Services departments on behalf of a few customers. The experiences are usually dire and, at times, have left me incredulous at their lack of understanding. In many cases we've ended up moving ISP, sometimes after months of wrangling.

My general rule is that, while BT are by no means perfect, at least you're talking to the people running the lines and exchanges up here, rather than going through a 3rd party who then have to talk to BT and argue things out.

* Just out of fairness I've dealt with many other ISPs also (worst has to be AOL) but most do try and help. In general, once you stop them reading their script and they realise you've already answered all their questions in your first salvo, they listen and are mostly helpful.

Have to say iot was good of Johnathan to offer to help. I have been with Freeserve, Wanadoo and Orange from the very start as they have chenged their identity over the years. I started with the free disk from Dixons. I have never had a bit of bother with them and if I had to call customer services, generally for a very minor issue, they have been polite and helpful. Maybe it is just the way people deal with those services. State your case politly and clearly and generally a reason response entails.

Kodiak
20-Apr-10, 15:16
Have to say iot was good of Johnathan to offer to help. I have been with Freeserve, Wanadoo and Orange from the very start as they have chenged their identity over the years. I started with the free disk from Dixons. I have never had a bit of bother with them and if I had to call customer services, generally for a very minor issue, they have been polite and helpful. Maybe it is just the way people deal with those services. State your case politly and clearly and generally a reason response entails.

I am exactly the same, been with Freeserve, Wanndoo and now Orange for years. My experience with their Customer Services has been the Exact Opposite to what you have had.

I have now stopped calling them, usually very expensive as usually left haning on a Premium rate line. Not only that but every time I have called them I get exactly the same responce.

Orange - What Router/Modem do you have?

Me - Ahh a D-Link G604T

Orange - Sorry sir this a a Router we do not support and we can not help you at all, Please call the makes of the Router.

And they hang up on me and I am left holding the phone with nothing ever done.

I have to say that at the present time I am losing connection at least 5 or 6 times a Day and I have to switch off the Router and back on again to get reconnected.

This morning I received a letter from BT asking me to switch to them and although I have been with Freeserve/Wannadoo/Orange for more years that I can remember, I am very seriously thinking of taking up their offer as I am completely fed up with the NON help from Orange.

golach
20-Apr-10, 15:20
Hi KCI,

I work for Orange and may be able to help.

If you can email your landline number/broadband account number and best contact number to customer.services@orange.co.uk, I'll give you a ring to discuss.

So I can pick up your mail quickly, please add 'Jonathan Orange Response' in the first line.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
Orange Response Team

Johnathan,
thats is very good of you, but can you do anything about the Orange Mobile signal or lack of in Castletown for one and a few other places in Caithness

Orange Response
21-Apr-10, 15:19
Hello golach,

I'm sorry but we currently have no plans to increase our sites in that area.

Jonathan
Orange Response Team

Humerous Vegetable
22-Apr-10, 09:43
I am exactly the same, been with Freeserve, Wanndoo and now Orange for years. My experience with their Customer Services has been the Exact Opposite to what you have had.

I have now stopped calling them, usually very expensive as usually left haning on a Premium rate line. Not only that but every time I have called them I get exactly the same responce.

Orange - What Router/Modem do you have?

Me - Ahh a D-Link G604T

Orange - Sorry sir this a a Router we do not support and we can not help you at all, Please call the makes of the Router.

And they hang up on me and I am left holding the phone with nothing ever done.

I have to say that at the present time I am losing connection at least 5 or 6 times a Day and I have to switch off the Router and back on again to get reconnected.

This morning I received a letter from BT asking me to switch to them and although I have been with Freeserve/Wannadoo/Orange for more years that I can remember, I am very seriously thinking of taking up their offer as I am completely fed up with the NON help from Orange.

I would not touch BT now with a very long bargepole. I am also a longtime (15 years) Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange customer and decided to buy BT Broadband. I ordered it, and an engineer to set it up, on March 29. I also requested the entire direct debit to be transferred to my name as I currently pay my existing ISP and my OH pays the BT phone bill. WELL... to cut a long story short, they failed to do that 3 times so now have a new email address in my husband's name and nobody turned up to install the broadband because, they told me yesterday, nobody was ordered. I am currently making an official complaint and trying to cancel the whole order, with no success at all so far. Fortunately I did not cancel my current account with Orange yet, so am still able to limp online......
Legendary BT incompetence.