PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Durrands

sylviaj
12-Apr-10, 09:27
Hi

New to this site as a member.

I am a Durrand born and I would like to have contact with any Durrands that are interested in their family history.

My G G Grandfather Alexander Oag Durrand and his wife Annie Lyall were born in Wick, married in Peterhead and moved to Leith.

I have been to Wick a few times and walked around the streets that my ancestors lived in.
I have found cousins (all Durrands) in England (born in Wick)and cousins in Australia (all Durrands as well) who I have recently visited.

Hope to hear from someone soon

Sylvia

Peterd500
14-Apr-10, 00:24
It isn't my research but in my database I have Alexander Oag DURRAND (=Annie LYALL) as a son of James DURRAND, son of Elizabeth GREEN, daughter of James GREEN, son of John GREEN, son of James GREEN & Margaret GROAT.

James GREEN & Margaret GROAT had another son James GREEN (=Elspet GEDDES) whose son Walter GREEN married Margaret SUTHERLAND. I have been in touch with descendants of the latter couple.

My tenuous connection is that Margaret SUTHERLAND was the daughter of John SUTHERLAND & Isabella SINCLAIR, daughter of Robert SINCLAIR & Helen BREMNER, son of Donald SINCLAIR the sailor, son of David SINCLAIR of Broynach. I descend from Donald SINCLAIR the sailor's son, James SINCLAIR the chamberlain, by the latter's second marriage to Elspet SINCLAIR.

Peter

Peterd500
14-Apr-10, 00:37
I should also have added that I have Alexander Oag DURRAND's brother James DURRAND married to Henrietta FINLAYSON, daughter of John Sandison FINLAYSON & Henrietta CORMACK, daughter of John CORMACK & Janet REOCH/REIACH/etc, son of Alexander CORMACK & Isobel CALDER.

John CORMACK's sister Barbara CORMACK (my ancestor), married John SINCLAIR who was a son to the second marriage of James SINCLAIR the chamberlain.

Peter

Dianne Malcolm
14-Apr-10, 12:25
Hello Sylvia

Alexander Oag Durrand was the older brother of my Great Grandfather - George Durrand.

It would be good to hear from you.

Dianne

sylviaj
14-Apr-10, 13:16
Hi Dianne
Thanks for your reply

Great to hear from someone who is connected

if you want to e-mail me it is sylviaj@blueyonder.co.uk

and we could go into more detail

Sylvia