PDA

View Full Version : Car damage at Tescos :( ....

Cupcake
11-Apr-10, 21:54
I hope the thoughtless person who damaged my mams car at Tescos this morning is reading this.... It was a disgrace you didnt wait to own up to what you did!!!! And your own car must be damaged too..... Well i hope it came off worse!!!
My mams car was parked in one of the disabled bays, the damage was to the passenger rear wing, being bashed in and scratched.. It makes me wonder how someone could have done this especially with the disabled bay being a bigger space too!!
Rant over x

upolian
11-Apr-10, 22:00
Sorry to hear about this,i saw somebody fling there door open once at tesco,banged of a car then they just walked into tesco not a care in the world! I took the number plate and gave it to the manager of tesco!

goldenguernsey
11-Apr-10, 22:14
ask to see the camera footage, it should be on there, sorry bout your mams car

camor
11-Apr-10, 23:25
I started a thread about this last year. My mothers new car was badly damaged in Tesco car park in Wick. Still winds me up thinking about the scumbag that damaged a pensioners car and never took responsibility for it, leaving her with a £600 bill for the repairs.

wicker8
12-Apr-10, 08:11
you know cupcake its just bloody hellish that some low life can do this but what goes round comes round

Mik.M.
12-Apr-10, 08:14
Tesco will be of no help unless you get the police involved,they will not let you see cctv recordings and also can not tell you who it was by looking at it for you. Something about the so called freedom of information act. Mik.

shamrock2007
12-Apr-10, 11:48
That is terrible, hubby always makes me park in stupid spaces miles away that no-one else goes near but you can see why! Hope you find out the culprit

emb123
12-Apr-10, 14:21
Had a similiar thing happen to me in the Wick Tesco car park when I got a new (to me) car a couple of months ago.

I'd had the car about 2 days (I won't even own it for more than a couple of years) and someone with a white panel van (from the scratches on the paint) must have parked half an inch away from my car, then opened the side door of their van leaving nasty scratches all along the side of my new car. The wouldn't have been able to get anything in or out of the van because they were so close, but they did plenty of damage to my car. Plain nasty.

I park in the furthest remote spots of the car park now, away from trolleys and other cars.

The camps car park is even worse.

If people couln't car less about their own car why should they care about anyone else's property? After all it's no skin off their nose to cause someone else to incur a few hundred pound bill.

I blame parents for not bringing their children up to respect other people and other people's property.

emb123
12-Apr-10, 14:23
you know cupcake its just bloody hellish that some low life can do this but what goes round comes round

Yes, I have found that this is definitely true. Sometimes it seems to take a while, but in the end, if you do someone a misdeed, you always get it back, with bells on.

braalterr903
12-Apr-10, 14:28
this has happened to me they opened a door and left a dent in mine and took of and said noyhing thouhtless people around.

Vistravi
12-Apr-10, 14:43
I hope your mum finds out who did this cupcake.

My partner had a similar problem last year when someone actually drove into the front of his parked car at scrabster. Damaged the front bumper which cost about £1400 to replace. All of which he had to pay as the other driver did a runner.

olivia
12-Apr-10, 17:28
On a slightly better note - my car was reversed into in Tescos Wick carpark a few weeks back. The person responsible owned up by going to the Customer services desk and they called for the owner of the car to come to the desk. The person who damaged my car couldn't have been more apologetic and I actually felt quite sorry for them (although I have to say I still can't see how they managed to do what they did - pretty awful driving).

The difficulties started once the insurance companies got involved. I did eventually get my car fixed satisfactorily but what a job it was getting through to them on the phone umpteen times - hopeless. I am seriously thinking of changing insurance companies after that fiasco.

I would pay double for my car insurance if I could find a small, efficient company with the personal touch that sorted everything for you without any stress! After all, you've had enough of that when you're pranged.

Sara Jevo
12-Apr-10, 18:27
Tesco will be of no help unless you get the police involved,they will not let you see cctv recordings and also can not tell you who it was by looking at it for you. Something about the so called freedom of information act. Mik.

I think it's to do with the Data Protection Act.

Authorities are allowed to use footage of people only for the prevention or prosecution of crime. They cannot share images of people going about their business with anyone.

I dont wish to sound unsympathetic to the OP, but I imagine they would see damage to a car as a civil or insurance matter, unless it was shown to be vandalism or something.

sweetpea
12-Apr-10, 18:54
I was sitting in the co-op car park last week when an old guy with a big fancy volvo parked next to me. He opened the door and banged my car whilst trying to squeeze himself out as he had parked far too close, away he went not a care in the world. I was so gobsmacked that I just sat there in disbelief.

ducati
12-Apr-10, 19:01
I was sitting in the co-op car park last week when an old guy with a big fancy volvo parked next to me. He opened the door and banged my car whilst trying to squeeze himself out as he had parked far too close, away he went not a care in the world. I was so gobsmacked that I just sat there in disbelief.

I've posted on this subject before, he should have come back to a burned out wreck. Go and stand in the corner :roll:

bekisman
12-Apr-10, 19:06
I've posted on this subject before, he should have come back to a burned out wreck. Go and stand in the corner :roll:

You can't do that!

I find an aerosol can of paint and varnish remover ideal..

Gronnuck
12-Apr-10, 19:46

It's amazing what you can do with a wee tube of superglue - Simples;)*

wicker8
12-Apr-10, 20:43
You can't do that!

I find an aerosol can of paint and varnish remover ideal..hi to right but shhh

sadam
12-Apr-10, 20:49
I was parked at Homebase one day and when I came out there was a big blue 4x4 type truck parked nose to nose to mine. Luckily there was no damage done, I waited for a while and no one returned so I wrote a note an stuck it in the window wiper. Then parked a short bit away and saw this youngish female come out of the shop and jumped in the truck she saw the note, read it looked around and drove off. I dont think a lot of them can handle the size of these machines.

sweetpea
12-Apr-10, 21:19
lol I wouldn't have the nerve. I'm almost sure he was deaf and blind and didn't see or hear what he had done. And yes Sadam I agree they can't handle these machines.

Tubthumper
12-Apr-10, 21:21
I can handle a large 4 x 4 very easily thankyou very much! sadam and sweatpee!

What is it with you men that you have to patronise us at every opportunity, this is the 21st century!! [evil] We're not all weak and blonde!

sweetpea
12-Apr-10, 21:31

What is it with you men that you have to patronise us at every opportunity, this is the 21st century!! [evil] We're not all weak and blonde!

I'm female!

Tubthumper
12-Apr-10, 21:34
I'm female!
Whoops! Sorry! :D

cherokee
12-Apr-10, 21:51
Well I can tell another side to this thread....

A couple of years back I was trying to drive out of the "Old Mart" Car Park in Wick; very slowly I may add, because, at the time I drove quite a large car, and no I'm not "blonde" and I can handle a "big machine" !!!

Anyway as I reversed, with caution I may add, I did accidentally "touch" another car's bumper!!!

I was absolutley gutted, as this had never happened to me before in a car park, but I'd very obviously misjudged the distance this time !!

Well, there was a woman nearby who became almost hysterical; shouting out loud "You've hit another car, oh my goodness, you'll have to leave your name and phone number on their windscreen; poor people !!!!!!"

I immediatley jumped out of my car and, feeling totally panicked by this hysterical woman, began rummaging in my bag for paper and pen to write the note!

A few seconds later she left the "Crime Scene" and after I'd taken a few very deep breaths, decided to check out both cars....

Result was not even a bump, scrape, scratch or imprint of anything, and believe you me I was extremely consciouness (SP??) about looking, practically on my hands and knees - and nothing!!!!

So, yes, in that instance I did drive away, contented within the knowledge that, even with a "manic" woman screaming at me, I had done no harm whatsoever to either car !!!

This is my story from the other side, but I completely agree with what this thread is about - it's despicable that some people just walk away from such incidents with no remorse or thought for what the OP may have to pay !!!

Moral Of My Story : I wouldn't and couldn't do that to someone else !!

Venture
12-Apr-10, 22:16
Whoops! Sorry! :D
Tut tut Tubs it seems it's not only your own gender you're having a problem with.;):lol:

ducati
12-Apr-10, 23:12
Tut tut Tubs it seems it's not only your own gender you're having a problem with.;):lol:

I don't think you should worry about your gender, but you should pick one you like and stick with it!! :eek:

bekisman
12-Apr-10, 23:27
Or stick one of these on: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/images/p-jokes/fav/parking-ticket.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/p-jokes/fake/parking-ticket.html&usg=__Nq1fV7Wh-iRTkNk4qUq0dBn618A=&h=185&w=200&sz=11&hl=en&start=42&itbs=1&tbnid=Z9FUxT92M2Y-BM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dparking%2Bticket%26start%3D40%26hl%3D en%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26t bs%3Disch:1

Vistravi
13-Apr-10, 14:55
I've seen some drivers male and female who have no idea of how big or small their vehicle actually is.

As an example one of my collegues when driving the nursery car took such a panic demanding that everyone as she usual does demand look out the windows and keep her right. But anyway this day she worse than usual and was demanding that everyone look at how much space she had when she was reversing into the parking space reserved for the nursery car. She had enough space to fit another of the same car between the car and a member of staff's car but as she herself was not looking and relying on the children and myself to tell her she thought she had no space. A strong case of a liscense holder but not a driver.

wkgeorge
13-Apr-10, 15:47
What really gets to me is when you park the car in a nearly empty car park, come out with all the groceries and someone has parked so close to your car that the doors barely have room to open, and the rest of the car park is still nearly empty.

_Ju_
13-Apr-10, 18:12

Tubthumper, why let the prejudiced opinion of a few men irritate you? Instead heed the statistically based evidence of insurance companies, that know that women are a better bet whe it comes to driving. And that allows us to laugh all the way to the bank.;)

BishBashBosh
13-Apr-10, 19:05
What really gets to me is when you park the car in a nearly empty car park, come out with all the groceries and someone has parked so close to your car that the doors barely have room to open, and the rest of the car park is still nearly empty.

i had a similar experiance at tescos in wick at the mother and child parking. i was at the 1st space next to the ATM and another car parked next to me on the lines where there isnt actully a space. This mean that i couldnt get my 4 week old son in his car seat in 2 the passangers side of my 3 door car! i ended up trying (with difficulty) to slide him in my side and across to the other side which woke him up and made for an un happy baby!!

northener
13-Apr-10, 19:21
I saw a cracker in Tescos about twelve months ago.

I was just about to step out onto the zebra crossing (the one right outside the main entrance) going towards the supermarket. Approaching from my left was an oldish bloke in a black Saab (IIRC).

The car in the disabled bay to my right was just pulling out. Mr Saab sees the car leaving and obviously decided that he was going to have this nice convenient space for himsef.

So far so good. What happened next was a good example of what 'goes around comes around':

He didn't drive round to the bay like any normal person would - he decided to put his foot down and drive at an angle straight for the bay - cutting across the edge of the Zebra crossing and forcing me to jump back a step to avoid being hit by this arrogant dimwit. His plan appeared to be to grab the space as quickly as possible before anyone else got there and at any cost.

And cost it did, because of where I was stood, he failed to see the lampost/zebra crossing beacon that was in his way.......and just before I got the chance to hurl a load of abuse at him, he wellied the post...hard..all way down the offside wing, drivers door, back door......

I couldn't stop laughing, the look on his face when he saw me laughing at him was an absolute delight to behold...if looks could kill....[lol][lol][lol]

Thankyou Mr Saab man, you re-enforced my belief in Karma.

Vistravi
13-Apr-10, 19:36
i had a similar experiance at tescos in wick at the mother and child parking. i was at the 1st space next to the ATM and another car parked next to me on the lines where there isnt actully a space. This mean that i couldnt get my 4 week old son in his car seat in 2 the passangers side of my 3 door car! i ended up trying (with difficulty) to slide him in my side and across to the other side which woke him up and made for an un happy baby!!

I've seen you struggle to get the pram and the wee man in your small car :eek: It's a right juggling act! And boy does he not like being woken up! He does indeed like his sleep.

Vistravi
13-Apr-10, 19:38
Tubthumper, why let the prejudiced opinion of a few men irritate you? Instead heed the statistically based evidence of insurance companies, that know that women are a better bet whe it comes to driving. And that allows us to laugh all the way to the bank.;)

My partner priced us up for a beamer a few weeks ago and to ensure me was £400 less than it would be for him!

Tubthumper
13-Apr-10, 19:43
My partner priced us up for a beamer a few weeks ago and to ensure me was £400 less than it would be for him!
Vis, some folk would say that us girls should not drive BMWs! :mad: Except Minis of course, men like to see a girl in a Mini.

Its Micras or Clios or (if we've got loads of bairns) some silly greenhouse 7 seater Zafira thing...Pah!

upolian
13-Apr-10, 19:51
Vis, some folk would say that us girls should not drive BMWs! :mad: Except Minis of course, men like to see a girl in a Mini.

Its Micras or Clios or (if we've got loads of bairns) some silly greenhouse 7 seater Zafira thing...Pah!

Mini's......put a model in 1,i still couldnt look at a mini with the fear of being sick[lol]

Vistravi
13-Apr-10, 19:52
Vis, some folk would say that us girls should not drive BMWs! Except Minis of course, men like to see a girl in a Mini.

Pah! A small thing is not pratical at all! I have a large three wheeler buggy to cater for as well as a child soon. Can't be doing with a small thing where i practically have to have my child on my knee to get the buggy to fit. :eek: I will not have a stroller either. Silly flimsy buggy's in my opinion. A three wheeler buggy that can go off road with real tyres is so much better and sturdier. :D Unfortunatly the price i pay for owning one meanswe need a car with a large boot so a wee thing is no use at all.

BMW's are lovely cars. So spacious!

Saying that i would love to own a vectra. Any style but the new tank like style. This like my hunt to get the buggy i wanted at a price we could afford is difficult. i got my buggy though so surely i'll get the car eventually :D

Defintly we girls can do whatever the boys can do and we can do it better! I don't have my full license yet but i'm already a safer driver than my partner!

Dadie
13-Apr-10, 20:57
Hmmn my 3 wheeler double buggy (phil and teds) has nice big off-road wheels and fits in the boot of a clio even with all the accesories.... pity the 3 kids seats dont fit across the back seat:)

Tubthumper
13-Apr-10, 21:06
Nothing wrong with being a girlie girl Dadie! Just think of the cash you save on fuel!!
No, when I was younger (and had nicer legs) I didn't mind showing a bit of pant climbing out of a sports car. Now, for me the landrover wins.
I pant a bit trying to climb in it though!

ducati
13-Apr-10, 21:17

Na you don't want a Beemer overpriced German junk, get an Alfa, if you want a cool car :cool:

mums angels
13-Apr-10, 22:47
I am glad this subject came up actually as the other day as we got back to our car after paying and taking one of the little ones to the loo we were informed by a lovely lady that a woman in a ford focus had just drove straight into the front of our car that had our other 3 children inside and just drove off without even checking for damage . the nice lady had taken the number plate for us and as we sat and debated what we should do about it i spotted the plate 3 rows ahead of us . After checking her car she had a nice scratch alog the bumper of her car with a little of our black paint so she came of worse than we did .. what really bugged us is that even with kids waiting in the car she didnt even bother to check that they were ok and hadnt got a shock, she just drove off to find another parking space away from our car . We couldnt be bothered to report it as our car was damaged badly . As for the woman in the pale blue/silvery focus .. what comes around goes around. I would name and shame so to speak as i have the full registration details but i would probably get banned .

Id also like to thank the witness Mary again for her help and concern .

upolian
13-Apr-10, 22:51
I am glad this subject came up actually as the other day as we got back to our car after paying and taking one of the little ones to the loo we were informed by a lovely lady that a woman in a ford focus had just drove straight into the front of our car that had our other 3 children inside and just drove off without even checking for damage . the nice lady had taken the number plate for us and as we sat and debated what we should do about it i spotted the plate 3 rows ahead of us . After checking her car she had a nice scratch alog the bumper of her car with a little of our black paint so she came of worse than we did .. what really bugged us is that even with kids waiting in the car she didnt even bother to check that they were ok and hadnt got a shock . We couldnt be bothered to report it as our car was damaged badly . As for the woman in the pale blue focus .. what comes around goes around.

Id also like to thank the witness Mary again for her help and concern .

That was nice of the lady to tell you! Cannot believe how many stories im hearing and many cars im seeing with damage due to people just taking off!! I seen it happen once and reported it asap

Dadie
14-Apr-10, 10:49
*laughing*
I now have a portazoo as I call it a large 7 seater citreon that I use when out and about with the kids!
It has parking sensors and is automatic even the lights and wipers come on automaticly.....suits me fine 1 less thing to think about when world war 3 breaks out in the back.
But I still love my little clio when I escape out on my own.
Or is it just escaping out on my own I love?