PDA

View Full Version : bbq

wicker8
11-Apr-10, 18:51
hi all summer just around the corner do you like or dilke bbq food i my self dont mind the odd bbq but not to much of it then again im only here for the beer

starry
11-Apr-10, 19:05
I like the eating outside bit but not so much the bbq :confused

Dadie
11-Apr-10, 19:50
For the sake of not giving anyone food poisoning I cook the food inside in the cooker then hubby "finishes it off" on the bbq!
BBQs usually have me on high alert with the kids running around outside with a bbq on... and Poppy dog eats too many sausages:eek:
picnics are better!
Especially if paper plates and plastic cutlery is used as there is no washing up:lol:

Creme_Egg
11-Apr-10, 19:53
BBQ's for the win, eating charred meat alfresco in the sun.....Unbeatable?.....Possibly better than a sunday lunch?....

ShelleyCowie
11-Apr-10, 19:59
Im not overly keen. I think i want a BBQ....i have one, then i dont eat anything lol. And i hate hosting them, because then i have all the mess to clear [lol] I dont mind helping at other peoples but i hate it at my own because i make more mess in the process of it!

So its very very rare for me to have a BBQ

oldchemist
11-Apr-10, 20:02
Like bbq's - mostly for the beer & wine. OH likes them because I cook (incinerate?)

Cattach
12-Apr-10, 10:45
I like the eating outside bit but not so much the bbq :confused

Have to agree. Great to sit outside and eat but burnt food, which BBq food usually is, does nothing for me. It is usually dried out, blackened, dry and starts fatty and unhealthy. With the exception of chicken, which dries more than most meats, BBQ food is usually sausages, burgers, etc - hardly a gourmet meal.

Also in our climate unless you use a gas BBQ the weather has changed before the charcoal gets hot enough.

Invisible
12-Apr-10, 10:49
I cant stand BBQ food, well I do when its cooked proper, but dinna like crispy rolls or burgers that have 3/4 burns

Scarybiscuits03
12-Apr-10, 11:04
Absolutely love Bbq's! In fact had one on Saturday seeing as it was such a nice day, steak, burgers and bangers YUM!
I always cook other foods along with it so that there is a big range to choose from - homemade quiche, salad, vol au vents, etc. Homemade chicken kebabs (with my special marinade) and even started making my own burgers......Nothing better!
Put everything out on trays covered in tin foil and supply paper plates and plastic cutlery, that way everything just gets thrown in the bin at the end!

Ricco
13-Apr-10, 07:12
Absolutely love Bbq's! In fact had one on Saturday seeing as it was such a nice day, steak, burgers and bangers YUM!
I always cook other foods along with it so that there is a big range to choose from - homemade quiche, salad, vol au vents, etc. Homemade chicken kebabs (with my special marinade) and even started making my own burgers......Nothing better!
Put everything out on trays covered in tin foil and supply paper plates and plastic cutlery, that way everything just gets thrown in the bin at the end!

I love 'em as well. That alfresco dining in nature's kitchen. This year I am going to start having the odd barbie down at the allotment, so that I have fresh veggies as well. I also want to try making my own homemade baked beans - I remember the parties when I was a child and people used to make their own beans... delicious.

ducati
13-Apr-10, 07:20
I'm a veggie, anyone want to invite me to a barby ? :lol:

Seriously I love 'em just wish there were more days hot enough for the boss to venture out. And then if it is, there are too many midges :roll:

Thursoman
13-Apr-10, 16:46
What is it with people? I must admit I don't like burnt food on the whole but BBQs I LOVE!! It's not just burnt it's got extra smoky flavour to it!! It's delicious!! Also we don't just have sausages and burgers, we have salad and relish too and sitting outside, with the smell of the BBQ wafting around is great!! So yes - I do love a good BBQ!! :lol:

Scarybiscuits03
13-Apr-10, 18:32
I've had 3 in the past 4 days! Like to cook most meats on the barbie

2boyz1girl
13-Apr-10, 21:15
love a good BBQ. Homemade tattie salad, tuna pasta, crunchy green salad, egg mayonnaise and all sorts of marinated meat. Scrummy, got masel wanting 1 now!!:lol: And the best bit is when everyone goes home you can munch on the odd leftover banger or kebab. Also love putting tatties in foil on the BBQ and whole peppers.