PDA

View Full Version : the craic in Thursa last night

golach
10-Apr-10, 10:28
Many thanks to the Orgers and Ex-Orger who turned up at the Comm last night, putting a face to a Name is always fun, and on a visit to Reay I met another Orger which really was a pleasant surprise for me anyway.
The Craic last night was wide and varied but thouroughly enjoyable. once again Fegs, thanks for making my trip north worth while.
And an even beeger thanks to my host and hostess for putting me up.

ShelleyCowie
10-Apr-10, 10:28
Och Golach i never got til meet ya! :~(

golach
10-Apr-10, 10:31
Och Golach i never got til meet ya! :~(
Sorry Shelley, maybe next time, my owld heart can only take one or two good surprises a week :Razz

ShelleyCowie
10-Apr-10, 10:39
Sorry Shelley, maybe next time, my owld heart can only take one or two good surprises a week :Razz

Next time....its a date! ;)

young_fishin_neep
10-Apr-10, 11:51
hey... sorry i couldnt stick round for long, sadly mum had to work... and im REALY sorry about the way i smelt! but i had just finished work :(

was nice to see a few of the orgers and catch up :)

x

golach
10-Apr-10, 11:59
hey... sorry i couldnt stick round for long, sadly mum had to work... and im REALY sorry about the way i smelt! but i had just finished work :(

was nice to see a few of the orgers and catch up :) x

Neep, you didna smell to me, I thought that was a new perfume [lol] Nice to see you both.

young_fishin_neep
10-Apr-10, 12:16
lol you were the only one brave enough to get close enough to me to smell it!, you must be loosing your sence of smell :P

x

Bazeye
10-Apr-10, 13:29
If youre having another in the last week of July/1st week of August I might just pop in for a few.

Tugmistress
10-Apr-10, 17:17
Many thanks to the Orgers and Ex-Orger who turned up at the Comm last night, putting a face to a Name is always fun, and on a visit to Reay I met another Orger which really was a pleasant surprise for me anyway.
The Craic last night was wide and varied but thouroughly enjoyable. once again Fegs, thanks for making my trip north worth while.
And an even beeger thanks to my host and hostess for putting me up.

Apologies again for having to shoot off for work, i hope the night continued well :)
thank you for my hug G, you're the best :D and thanks to seadog too :Razz

northener
10-Apr-10, 18:21
Give us a shout next time you're coming up, G.

The Pussers'll be on me.:Razz

Mik.M.
10-Apr-10, 21:06
Seems as if only the"Org Elite"was invited or was it a meeting to mount a take over bid??

changilass
10-Apr-10, 21:07
Definate take over bid from what I can work out lol

Bobbin
10-Apr-10, 21:48
Was this a private do or was anyone invited?

twiglet
10-Apr-10, 22:30
Some of us never got the chance to go as we weren't told! tsk tsk. You are in my bad books Mr G.

Bobbin
10-Apr-10, 22:38
Why is this in the general section of a community forum? Surely it would be better to pm the few friends who were invited as it is of no interest to anyone else. I know i dont have to read a thread if I dont like it but this was titled "the craic in Thurso last night" so one would assume it would be of interest to many. I sup[pose some folk must think thye are very important.
Is golach royalty or something? [disgust]

changilass
10-Apr-10, 22:53
If threads had to be of interest to every member then there would be very few threads on here.:lol::lol:

The fact that you have replied twice means it is of interest to more than just the folks as what were there.

Green doesnae suit ye.

Bobbin
10-Apr-10, 22:57
If threads had to be of interest to every member then there would be very few threads on here.:lol:

The fact that you have replied twice means it is of interest to more than just the folks as what were there.

Green doesnae suit ye.
Yeah but brown really suits you!:roll:

changilass
10-Apr-10, 22:58
If you were there last and saw me in my new frock how did you not come say hello.

Thanks for saying it suited me, very nice of you.

golach
10-Apr-10, 23:01
Some of us never got the chance to go as we weren't told! tsk tsk. You are in my bad books Mr G.
Mrs T, My abject apologies, I assumed you would be babysitting, but I will be back soon, out with the childrens holidays

golach
10-Apr-10, 23:04
Seems as if only the"Org Elite"was invited or was it a meeting to mount a take over bid??
Org Elite??? Mik??? You obviously dinna know me, I am as common as the come, next time I will come and vist you personally

golach
10-Apr-10, 23:17
Firstly bobbin this evening was arranged by more than me. Maybe I was the one to thank all my pals off 'e Org to be in a pub at the same time as me, it was not done for my benefit, other Orgers were there to meet their Org pals, sadly we ommitted to invite you. I wonder why?

Moira
11-Apr-10, 00:46
Why is this in the general section of a community forum? Surely it would be better to pm the few friends who were invited as it is of no interest to anyone else. I know i dont have to read a thread if I dont like it but this was titled "the craic in Thurso last night" so one would assume it would be of interest to many. I sup[pose some folk must think thye are very important.

Several threads appear in the general section which I'd rather not read Bobbin so you do have a point. I try to ignore them.

I wasn't invited to the "gathering" last night either. I'm sure, however, that many other Orgers were and enjoyed the experience. That's the whole point of a Community forum, isn't it?

I'm not aware of Golach being royalty - do you know different?

golach
11-Apr-10, 00:54
I'm not aware of Golach being royalty - do you know different?

Moira, allegedly through my DNA I am related to 7th centuary Irish minor king, how many other Orgers can prove that?

goldenguernsey
11-Apr-10, 01:03
canna see wots e problem ere???

Aaldtimer
11-Apr-10, 03:13

Well I, for one, am sorry to have missed this.
If I'd known about it in advance I would certainly tried to have been there!
Was there a thread that I missed advising of this?
I have to admit to having had a few distractions in the last week, so maybe I didn't pick up on it.:(

joxville
11-Apr-10, 22:11
I too would liked to have met up with other orgers, unfortunately the furthest north I went was Inverness, hopefully I'll manage a visit to Caithness around October time, glad to hear it was a good night, though I did hear on ex-ex-orger lowered the tone of the place. ;)

laguna2
11-Apr-10, 22:31
I am extremely upset about the fact that I was not invited to this get together. The fact that I live over 300 miles from the venue is neither here not there .. I could have walked there and back in plenty of time! :lol:[lol]:lol:

golach
11-Apr-10, 22:55
I too would liked to have met up with other orgers, unfortunately the furthest north I went was Inverness, hopefully I'll manage a visit to Caithness around October time, glad to hear it was a good night, though I did hear on ex-ex-orger lowered the tone of the place. ;)
Sorry Joz the ex-ex Orger was the life an soul of the Comm, with all her war paint on. I had Lizz sitting on my left, the aforementioned ex-orger on my right I was like a thorn between 2 bunches of roses [lol]

joxville
11-Apr-10, 23:21
I can report I had the exclusive company of an orger from Kingussie to Perthshire, a delightful time it was too, considering I don't normally pick up hitchhikers. :D

Dadie
11-Apr-10, 23:55
Not invited either!
But there again wouldnt have been able to have gotten a late pass or babysitter for a night out anyway!
And im not in the right clique anyway....
Hmmn thinking about it im not in any clique.....

Aaldtimer
12-Apr-10, 03:32
Sorry Joz the ex-ex Orger was the life an soul of the Comm, with all her war paint on. I had Lizz sitting on my left, the aforementioned ex-orger on my right I was like a thorn between 2 bunches of roses [lol]

Aye G, rub it in...gloat away...(is there a smiley for tongue in cheek?)LOL!:confused

Invisible
12-Apr-10, 10:48
I have to admit that I totally forgot bout coming through to Thurso. :~(