PDA

View Full Version : Smuggling stiffs

Dog-eared
06-Apr-10, 11:07
Just heard on the radio that two women tried to check in for a flight to Germany at John Lennon Airport accompanied by a dead elderly man in a wheelchair. He had died the previous day .:eek:
Why waste a good ticket, eh !

northener
06-Apr-10, 11:10
I wonder on what grounds they refused him?

Is there actually a regulation that states passengers actually have to be alive?

John Little
06-Apr-10, 11:26
"Is there actually a regulation that states passengers actually have to be alive?"

exemption applies to denizens of Portgower? :eek:

3of8
06-Apr-10, 12:36
Maybe he was the inflight meal?

(See the 1993 movie "Alive")

Invisible
06-Apr-10, 13:31
I've heard the phrase "Dead man walking" but not "Dead man flying" or maybe he was offered a holiday and said "Over my dead body".

3of8
06-Apr-10, 13:44
And people complain about having body scanners in the airport :eek:

3of8
06-Apr-10, 13:48
Maybe that's why it's called the 'terminal' :lol:

The Drunken Duck
06-Apr-10, 13:58
I can sympathise with the poor bloke.

I went to Liverpool once, I was dying to leave too.

3of8
06-Apr-10, 14:10
Bing, Bong!
This is the last call for all passengers flying with Dyin'Air on flight number FR 1234 to Berlin, now loading at gate 13.

sandyr1
06-Apr-10, 14:33
A man from Alberta, Canada was on holiday in Florida with his elderly father. The man died and the son, not having Insurance, strapped him into the seat belt, turned on the Air Conditioning, and drove for 28 hours, and across the Border back into Canada. Told the Border guards that his father was sleeping.
A big money saver.....

Dog-eared
06-Apr-10, 21:17
The latest news is that he escaped from the mortuary and there is a strong police presence in Portgower tonight.

Phill
06-Apr-10, 21:31
'spose it's a good diversion to stop the customs manny checkin' their bags for the heroin they woz smugglin'!

Phill
06-Apr-10, 21:32
The latest news is that he escaped from the mortuary and there is a strong police presence in Portgower tonight.

They won't be any fed's there tonight, they may be brave enough to venture up in daylight though :eek:

DanaFlett
06-Apr-10, 21:38
Maybe they were poor,and couldn't afford to have his remains flown home to have him laid to rest,so they thought a ticket would be cheaper,i know it's a strange thing to do but,i wonder what happens to the poor bloke now?????????????????

Dog-eared
06-Apr-10, 21:41
Yes, I can see what they were trying to do.
Mebbe they couldnt afford a sealed coffin flight after a hard saved for last family reunion.

Dog-eared
06-Apr-10, 21:47
There are no feds at Portgower tonight. Not any more...

Rictina
06-Apr-10, 22:59
I can sympathise with the poor bloke.

I went to Liverpool once, I was dying to leave too.

[lol][lol][lol]

Bazeye
07-Apr-10, 00:59
They must be the worst people smugglers ever. Arent you suppose to smuggle living people into the country and not smuggle dead people out of the country. Doh!

Blarney
08-Apr-10, 00:42
Reminded me of National Lampoon's Vacation when the auntie died on the roadtrip and they tied her to the roof rack.......................[lol]

northener
08-Apr-10, 09:04
Maybe they were poor,and couldn't afford to have his remains flown home to have him laid to rest,so they thought a ticket would be cheaper,i know it's a strange thing to do but,i wonder what happens to the poor bloke now?????????????????

Well, on past airline performance, his relatives will be home in Germany whilst our dead chum spends six weeks in 'lost baggage' in Malaga.

3of8
08-Apr-10, 19:45
I've just read that Malcolm McClaren died this morning in New York. His body is expected to be brought home to be buried in Highgate Cemetery.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/malcolm-mclaren-dies-aged-64-1939621.html

I wonder who'll get the job of doing that, and will they use a wheelchair, sunglasses and unsuspecting taxi driver?