PDA

View Full Version : Escape to the country

scorpion
03-Apr-10, 08:48
I am currently looking to move to a rural location somewhere around wick or between Wick and Thurso ,have looked at every property currently on the org and visited quite a few but not found the right one yet . If any of you orgers have such a property that you are thinking of puting on the market shortly or know of any that are coming on the market i would be delighted if you could give me any info , cheers

annemarie482
03-Apr-10, 08:50
how rural? in a village or out in the stix?!

John Little
03-Apr-10, 08:51
This ain't quite between Wick and Thurso - but it's a beauty.

http://www.homes24.co.uk/somersetlife/doc.html?_a=view&id=1267056

I was just looking yesterday.... that's all

scorpion
03-Apr-10, 10:24
how rural? in a village or out in the stix?!

Preferably the stix with a couple of acres

scorpion
03-Apr-10, 11:54
Either new or old , four bedrooms , price dependant on the property

Stefan
03-Apr-10, 12:14
Three bedrooms are A LOT easier to come by in Caithness. You might want to consider a property that you can extend.

If you see something nice with three bedrooms give the planning office in Wick a ring or email them. They are usually very helpful and it might be cheaper and quicker to extend rather than hunting for that perfect property.

I opted for new build in the end, as I couldn't find what I was looking for...

northener
03-Apr-10, 13:32
Scorpio, instead of everyone having to ask you what you're looking for regarding size/price/facilities...why don't you put all the info up in the first place?

You never know, it might jog someones' memory regarding a private sale or summat.

bagpuss
03-Apr-10, 21:22
why not write in to BBC2 and get them to come north? property prices in Caithness are a great deal cheaper than anywhere else- it might even kick start the economy if people realised that you can get more for your money by heading up north- and a lifestyle that isn't much different from the west country

craigmancie
03-Apr-10, 21:28
hi if u go on this web site

www.caithnessproperty.co.uk

Go to Thurso area (over £125,000) the second property is lovely. Hillside, Scotscalder. I live in this area so can vouch it's lovely. (not my house, just live near it)
If ur more towards the Wick side, click on wick area (over £125,000) the 2nd property again. Halcro, Bower also a nice area.