PDA

View Full Version : Learning Spanish

Henrik7
01-Apr-10, 14:41
I'm looking to start learning the Spanish language as a beginner and I am wondering if anyone else is doing the same. I'm looking for any good websites or books to learn from home when I have spare time as I don't have the time to do any courses at the college. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

davie
01-Apr-10, 14:48
Ola Enrico,
there used to be an audio tape set up for language studies - can not remember what it was called just at the mo.
Its probably on CD by now - if the name comes to me i will post it on here.

Think it was probably Linguaphone

annemarie482
01-Apr-10, 14:50
there used to be one advertised on telly something stone (possibly vannesa stone)
you get your money back if you dont learn the language or something.....

sorry very vague...i know!

groater
01-Apr-10, 14:55
rosetta stone but i think it quite expensive thou?

davie
01-Apr-10, 14:55
That one is RosettaStone

gollach
01-Apr-10, 14:58
Coffee Break Spanish podcast on iTunes is very good, mix of free and paid-for content.

This link opens in iTunes (download from itunes.com if you don't have it)

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/coffee-break-spanish/id201598403

Henrik7
01-Apr-10, 15:06
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Just had a look at that Rosetta Stone and your right it is expensive. Think it was £160 just for just level one and then just gets higher. Cheaper just going to Spain I think lol.

Henrik7
01-Apr-10, 15:54
Just checked the Linguaphone which doesn't seem to bad. Anyone tried it?

charlie
01-Apr-10, 16:30
Henrik7

Have a look at what the BBC website has to offer - after all you already pay for that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/

Certainly a good way to get started.

Fran
01-Apr-10, 17:59
I went to college and i have CD's I play daily as i am off to Spain soon so i play them all the time, i'm sure my neighbours think i have a spanish man staying here!!!

katarina
02-Apr-10, 13:53
the bbc one is very good for beginners, and free. I wanted to go to a class but was told there was not enough demand to warant one. If there is a few though, highland college will provide one.

Connor.
02-Apr-10, 13:59
A good program i used to help me learn Japanese was "Before you know it". It's quite easy to use and it was free when i got it.