PDA

View Full Version : mobile signal

purplelady
01-Apr-10, 11:19
just wondering is anyone else in wick having problems with their signal am on 3 mobile but it uses orange am really getting fed up with this x

annemarie482
01-Apr-10, 11:26
alan carr once said
if you want to avoid txt bullying just buy urself a mobile phone on the network three because by the time you recieve the txt you will have got married and have kids of your own, "ur mum stinks of piss , i should think she does shes 86!"

lol

purplelady
01-Apr-10, 11:41
i like it it annemarie would not be with 3 but i need the skype on it as myself and my fella use it to chat i do have it on here but it is no use when i am out lol x

annemarie482
01-Apr-10, 11:45
use an o2 dongle on your laptop, on of the best coverage for up here.
at my old work we always advised against folk buying 3 as it simply doesnt cover caithness. you lucky it worked at all!

Stefan
01-Apr-10, 11:50
3 piggybacks on t-mobile... changed swiftly from t-mobile to o2 when I moved up here as there was more black spots than areas with coverage...

ducati
01-Apr-10, 13:25
I'm on 3, spoke to a nice chap who phoned me the other day (on the BT broadband Line) to sell me a bigger package ooh err! He told me coverage in Caithness was good to excellent!

Right!

So I told him my postcode and he said: Oh you can't get it there! :eek:

annemarie482
01-Apr-10, 13:58
I'm on 3, spoke to a nice chap who phoned me the other day (on the BT broadband Line) to sell me a bigger package ooh err! He told me coverage in Caithness was good to excellent!

Right!

So I told him my postcode and he said: Oh you can't get it there! :eek:

we had a lot of people bring them back to work due to signal issues. when we phoned them they laughed and said little wonder we dont cover north of inverness!

Geo
01-Apr-10, 18:19
Three does work north of Inverness and their website map shows they cover up here. We have a contract phone with them. However the coverage is not as good as O2's. Last I checked Three were using Orange's network for 2G coverage in areas where they did not have their own transmitters although that was supposed to be coming to an end. They have tied up with T-Mobile to extend their 3G coverage.

purplelady
01-Apr-10, 22:21
I have have had 3 for nearly 3 yes when they piggybacked orange it was good but since they went to ORANGE IT HASD GOT BAD X

telfordstar
01-Apr-10, 22:25
I have have had 3 for nearly 3 yes when they piggybacked orange it was good but since they went to ORANGE IT HASD GOT BAD X

Id change providers doesn't sound like its going to get any better.

ploo251
02-Apr-10, 09:00
Depending on the type of phone you have it can have a bearing on your signal strength. When we moved house my wife was not getting a good signal at all on her old type Samsung phone and I was getting a much better signal on my Nokia phone. We contacted Vodafone and they told us that if we lived in an area with a weak signal only buy a Nokia or a Sony Ericsson phone. That was approximately 3 years ago and since then Vodafone have told me that Samsung now have better built in aerials and they too should be better in an area with a weak signal.

So if you are having problems with poor signal buy yourself a Nokia, Sony Ericsson or Samsung phone.