PDA

View Full Version : Gossips and rumours!

Dadie
25-Mar-10, 10:20
Just had a text from a good friend telling me there is a rumour going round at work that I am pregnant.... Im not!
I was a bit put out about it as I thought I looked quite slim at the moment plus Euan is only 12 weeks old, so where and when would I have the time and energy to try to make babies:lol:
Im still at the stage of an early night being mentioned I think great more sleep:)
Drat!!
I wonder how it started?
And why?

mumof2
25-Mar-10, 12:12
maybe they got the wrong sister, i'm looking pretty fat just now and have put on about half a stone since stopping smoking. oh and i'm defo not preggers either! hell let them gossip at least they're leaving some other person alone while they talk about you.

telfordstar
25-Mar-10, 12:18
your wondering why it started? The answer is simple. These people have little to do with there time that to gossip especially about folk who arnt there to defend themselve. My mum used to always say to me "well if their speaking about you their leaving someone else alone". Next time you see someone at your work give your belly a pat. That will give them something to yap about!!

poppett
25-Mar-10, 13:06
One of my supervisors a long time ago used to make up a snippet of "gossip" in the morning, usually about a staff member who had been absent the day before and by the time morning teabreak came round the subject of the gossip had usually told everyone where they had really been, and why. It is unbelievable the extent some folks will go to just for some gossip.

Very true about talking about you leaves someone else alone though!

upolian
25-Mar-10, 13:07
As above they have nothing better to do with there time!

poppett
25-Mar-10, 13:29
I would see the point if you had been overindulging in cheesecake Dadie. It`s made round, to go round, so the gossip mongers will get their come-uppance in due course.

Saveman
25-Mar-10, 14:10
In one place that I used to work in, the rumour went round that one of our collegues wasn't at work because he had died!

How surprised we were the next day when he walked into work and sat down and got on with his job none the wiser!

When pressed on the subject he refuted the rumours, insisted that he hadn't died and was alive and well. Some in the office felt that the rumours were confirmed as true and that he was just lying to us because he was embarrassed.

:)

Dadie
25-Mar-10, 14:29
Im not going back to work for another 9 months!
I have the year off on maternity!
Im not allowed cheesecake or any sweet stuff really as im diabetic now.....

Thumper
25-Mar-10, 15:30
I used to worry terribly about people talking about me,I have learnt not to let it bother me now,small people=small minds! I have been accused of a lot of things by gossips,things that I have never done-although given the chance may heve ;) I guess its just a case of rising above it and let them crack at it.Oh I do now sometimes add arms and legs to bits of gossip I hear about myself,makes it more fun :) x

Vistravi
25-Mar-10, 16:41
I used to worry terribly about people talking about me,I have learnt not to let it bother me now,small people=small minds! I have been accused of a lot of things by gossips,things that I have never done-although given the chance may heve ;) I guess its just a case of rising above it and let them crack at it.Oh I do now sometimes add arms and legs to bits of gossip I hear about myself,makes it more fun :) x

If you can't laugh at yourself then who can lol.

I've never worried about what people thought of me be it good or bad. I do what i want to do not what other people want me to do or expect me to do. As an example of that i would like to have a third tattoo done of our child's name but have it in a design that can be extended to add any future kids names to it. My partner thinks i shouldn't be thinking of getting a third tattoo as i'm going to be a mum and i would just end up embarressing our child. I say pah! I have two already and they were done for a reason just like a third would be too. If our child is embarressed by my two tattoos when our child's old enough he/she will be told the reasons behind them. I think the day our child asks me why i have my rose tattoo on my shoulder with dad written beside it is the day he will be told about his blood grandfather. Would never tell our child untill he/she asks me about it when they're old enough to understand.

I tried to give you rep but appartently i have to spread it around a bit lol.

Vistravi
25-Mar-10, 16:44
Just had a text from a good friend telling me there is a rumour going round at work that I am pregnant.... Im not!
I was a bit put out about it as I thought I looked quite slim at the moment plus Euan is only 12 weeks old, so where and when would I have the time and energy to try to make babies:lol:
Im still at the stage of an early night being mentioned I think great more sleep:)
Drat!!
I wonder how it started?
And why?

There's a wee rumour going round that just because i'm not big with my pregnancy i'm not pregnant at all. Hmm thats very odd considering you can't really miss my bump now as it sticks out like a sore thumb on me as the rest of me is still small lol. :lol:

The way some people think makes me laugh.

brandy
25-Mar-10, 16:47
i can confirm that i saw the accused preg woman just a little while ago.. and in no way shape or form does she look preg. now her sister on the other hand.. whisper whisper whisper

wicker8
25-Mar-10, 18:51
your wondering why it started? The answer is simple. These people have little to do with there time that to gossip especially about folk who arnt there to defend themselve. My mum used to always say to me "well if their speaking about you their leaving someone else alone". Next time you see someone at your work give your belly a pat. That will give them something to yap about!! totally agree

wicker8
25-Mar-10, 18:53
I used to worry terribly about people talking about me,I have learnt not to let it bother me now,small people=small minds! I have been accused of a lot of things by gossips,things that I have never done-although given the chance may heve ;) I guess its just a case of rising above it and let them crack at it.Oh I do now sometimes add arms and legs to bits of gossip I hear about myself,makes it more fun :) x good on you thumper dont let them get to youall the best

Fluff
25-Mar-10, 19:11
How does it go,
Rumours inform you amazing things that you did not even know about yourself!

joxville
25-Mar-10, 19:16
Blokes can be just as bad as women when it comes to gossip, my work is usually rife with rumours. Mind you, it's usually me that starts them. [lol]

Bazeye
25-Mar-10, 19:42
Blokes can be just as bad as women when it comes to gossip, my work is usually rife with rumours. Mind you, it's usually me that starts them. [lol]

I like to do that as well. Nothing malicious mind, usually just for my own entertainment when Im bored. You know its a good one and done the rounds when it gets back to you an hour later by someone in a different department and you feign surprise and tell them, "dont believe that" and "Youre joking, who told you that"? etc etc.. Mission accomplished.....;)

poppett
25-Mar-10, 23:20
A local worthie once remarked............"scratch your car at Woolies corner and by the time you reach the Pentland Hotel it would be a right-off".

Bobbin
26-Mar-10, 09:12
A local worthie once remarked............"scratch your car at Woolies corner and by the time you reach the Pentland Hotel it would be a right-off".Or if you fart in the Pultney side, you've keiched yourself by the time you reach the Wick side.:eek:

poppett
26-Mar-10, 16:24
Exactly, Bobbin.

You have made my day!

Dadie
19-Apr-10, 11:54
Went into work on friday to change my pass before it ran out.
Got asked twice before I left when was I due:eek:
On a more positive note some people said I looked good and that I was slim....
1 of my supervisors asked how long I was back for and was surprised with my answer of half an hour!:lol:

starry
19-Apr-10, 18:36
One of my friends was really surprised to find out people thought her husband was violent towards her and unbelievably one helpful person had even phoned her family to suggest they had "a word" with him.

They insisted she had been seen with bruises and had seen a doctor.

The truth, when it came out was someone had seen her in the car of a woman they knew worked for Womens Aid.

What they didn't know was the other woman was infact her sister !!!

This person had seen the two of them together put 2 and 2 together and got 196 :roll:

She said it to someone else and the whole thing went Chinese whispers till it reached her family.

Dadie
19-Apr-10, 20:27
Hubby got home tonight and told me he was asked today as work if I was pregnant again!
Just wish the rumour mill would give over on this one!
It has now reached all of the site and apparently its someone in my section with nothing better to do that is spreading the rumours!

Vistravi
19-Apr-10, 22:18
Hubby got home tonight and told me he was asked today as work if I was pregnant again!
Just wish the rumour mill would give over on this one!
It has now reached all of the site and apparently its someone in my section with nothing better to do that is spreading the rumours!

Madness!

Honestly some people must have very boring lives if they have to meddle in other people's.

Creme_Egg
19-Apr-10, 23:20
Small town mentality isn't it?....Im bored so you will suffer!

BishBashBosh
20-Apr-10, 01:07
a rounour started in my work that i was pregnant, the only thing is everyone was tryin to avoid the subject when talking to me and then
saying it behind my back! It wasnt until a member of staff that i was friendly with heard it when she came back after her holidays and came straights over to me and asked...............and i said yes haha

After all the effort people put into making it sound like a rumour i thought i would leave them not knowing it was actully true!

Now my sons almost 12 weeks old and i still have people asking me whos baby I'am baby sitting, they didnt think i looked pregnant yet spoke to me a few days before he was born haha!! Roumour are like a Cold u just have to let it run its course!

ShelleyCowie
20-Apr-10, 09:11
I can handle rumors. They dont tend to bother me, but its when someone takes something truthful and twists it. [disgust] Why change it if you know what the truth is?

wicker8
20-Apr-10, 10:24
I can handle rumors. They dont tend to bother me, but its when someone takes something truthful and twists it. [disgust] Why change it if you know what the truth is?so very true shelley so very true

sids
20-Apr-10, 12:37
there is a rumour going round at work that I am pregnant....

I wonder how it started?
And why?

Do you need diagrams?

horseman
20-Apr-10, 14:37
At first I thought- Dadie wants to get pregnant- an I thought- thats easy peasy:) no probs there at all;) Slap from missus reading over my ear,I ain't all that old ya old bat.Second slap.Much harder this time,think I will keep my head down. Mind you it would be no probs at all,;) I ducked that one.

Dadie
20-Apr-10, 14:52
No.
Im not pregnant and I have 3 kids under 4!
I am not wanting to have another.
Im on maternity leave at the moment as Euan is only 3 months old so I havent got a clue where the rumours are coming from!
I was hardly out the hospital 6 weeks from having Euan when the rumour started that I was pregnant again.

Margaret M.
20-Apr-10, 16:18
That is one thing I do not miss about Caithness -- it used to be so annoying hearing things come back all twisted around.

k8ness
20-Apr-10, 21:03
Gossip & rumours are one thing...but when its someone being nasty & telling deliberate & damaging lies about you its something entirely different!

sids
21-Apr-10, 07:48
Right.

I've started knitting little pink cardies and blue ones too just in case.

Thumper
21-Apr-10, 10:25
As you can see from my signature I have never had time for gossips,but the more you deny things the more they want to believe its true,so my advice would be laugh AT them not having anything better to do in the lives x