PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Corrie

Stavro
16-Mar-10, 20:51
Few people will have heard of her, but today is the 7th anniversary of the murder of Rachel Corrie, a young American woman who was run over and crushed to death by a US-built "Israeli" bulldozer in Palestine.

She was trying to prevent the destruction of the home of some Palestinian friends of hers.

I don't expect this thread to attract many views, but I just wanted to express my sorrow for the death of this exceptionally brave American girl so far away in Palestine, and to offer respects to her and her family.

:~(

Anfield
16-Mar-10, 21:51
Don't know whether or not you saw TV program last night "Dispatches" about the way that children in Palestine have been affected by the last Israeli invasion.

Some very very distressing images, and words.

Stavro
16-Mar-10, 21:55
Don't know whether or not you saw TV program last night "Dispatches" about the way that children in Palestine have been affected by the last Israeli invasion.

No, we do not have a television. I follow things primarily via the Internet.

Some very very distressing images, and words.

Yes, I would imagine.

ducati
16-Mar-10, 22:05
I guess if the Palestinian's didn't fire so many rockets into Isreal, they wouldn't feel the need to invade quite so frequently?

Stavro
16-Mar-10, 22:13
I guess if the Palastinian's didn't fire so many rockets into Isreal, they wouldn't feel the need to invade quite so frequently?

This thread was not started for an argument, but to show respect to a young American woman who was deliberately crushed to death with a bulldozer.

Thumper
16-Mar-10, 22:23
Well said Stavro!x

upolian
16-Mar-10, 22:27
Sad hearing about such things going on :~( well said though!

fred
16-Mar-10, 22:47
I'm quite convinced that the death of Rachel Corrie was an accident. The bulldozer driver had no way of knowing she was American, how could he have known?

If he had driven over a Palestinian it wouldn't have mattered, I'm sure he will regret to his dying day that it was an American he killed not a Palestinian.

Angela
16-Mar-10, 22:48
A very sad and needless waste of a young life, Stavro. :(

bekisman
16-Mar-10, 22:49
I'm quite convinced that the death of Rachel Corrie was an accident. The bulldozer driver had no way of knowing she was American, how could he have known?

If he had driven over a Palestinian it wouldn't have mattered, I'm sure he will regret to his dying day that it was an American he killed not a Palestinian.

Sorry Fred - but you're sick.

ducati
16-Mar-10, 23:01
This thread was not started for an argument, but to show respect to a young American woman who was deliberately crushed to death with a bulldozer.

I just felt the need to introduce some balance

There is nothing wrong with that is there?

sandyr1
16-Mar-10, 23:06
It is somewhat difficult to understand what goeth on over there....but obviously there are dissenting views, so I shall throw another one out....
Would it be better if the Americans left it alone?

fred
16-Mar-10, 23:07
Sorry Fred - but you're sick.

Once again the org bullies just resort to personal insults and add nothing to the debate.

I remember seeing on a TV news program quite a few years back an Israeli soldier being interviewed in his cell. He was on trial for killing a British aid worker while he was trying to rescue some Palestinian children caught in the open with bullets hitting all around them. He was most adamant that he was innocent because he had no way of knowing that the aid worker was British not Palestinian. He stated that if the aid worker had been Palestinian he would not be on trial. He actually believed it, you could see it, he actually believed that it wouldn't have mattered if he had killed a Palestinian trying to rescue three petrified young children, that the only thing wrong with what he did was to kill a Britain not a Palestinian.

It's not me who is sick.

joxville
16-Mar-10, 23:12
What is the relevance to where the machine was built? It was still a tragedy regardless of the country of manufacture. :(

Anfield
16-Mar-10, 23:53
It is somewhat difficult to understand what goeth on over there....but obviously there are dissenting views, so I shall throw another one out....

Yes, but that is not going to happen

bekisman
16-Mar-10, 23:59
Once again the org bullies just resort to personal insults and add nothing to the debate.

I remember seeing on a TV news program quite a few years back an Israeli soldier being interviewed in his cell. He was on trial for killing a British aid worker while he was trying to rescue some Palestinian children caught in the open with bullets hitting all around them. He was most adamant that he was innocent because he had no way of knowing that the aid worker was British not Palestinian. He stated that if the aid worker had been Palestinian he would not be on trial. He actually believed it, you could see it, he actually believed that it wouldn't have mattered if he had killed a Palestinian trying to rescue three petrified young children, that the only thing wrong with what he did was to kill a Britain not a Palestinian.

It's not me who is sick.

'Org Bullies' No Fred, you're wrong - again. It's just a reaction to your constant waffling, your naivety is totally out of this world, if you are going to post on a serious subject, please try to ease of the 'hatred' of anything American for a start. I expect on the whole they are decent people, as with the Israelis.
I can easily live with a friend of mine who was a Fundamentalist Muslim, and is banned from the USA, I have close Jewish friends, I have close military relations - I can live with all this cross-section of society, and not use a bloody great brush and paint 'em all the same colour.. I'm not being a bully, but ease off your fire and damnation and you might, I say might, get more support. You might think it strange but I am a reasonable kind of bloke, and it's an insult to call me a bully - now there, see you're going to make me cry :(

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-10, 00:09

You say it was an accident.

If that is the case, the nationality of the victim is irrelevant.

Stavro
17-Mar-10, 00:11
I just felt the need to introduce some balance

There is nothing wrong with that is there?

There is nothing to "balance," ducati. She was not firing a gun on anyone.

A very sad and needless waste of a young life, Stavro. :(

Yes indeed, Angela.

Thank you, Thumper and upolian.

Joxville, the fact that the bulldozer is specially built in the United States for the demolition of Palestinian homes and orchards is of relevance, if only for the irony of it.

ducati
17-Mar-10, 00:16

It would be better if a very dirty war that has been going on for more than 70 years off and on would end. That will happen only when the extremists on all sides step back and let the moderates have their day.

The Americans have made many attempts, some successful; in pulling out of areas their presence was contentious. Mostly it has gone wrong because more extremists filled the vacuum.

The extremists that perpetuated Beirut’s misery for so many years eventually found their way back to "Palestine" and are some of many reasons this war cannot stop.

Stavro
17-Mar-10, 00:20
Please. A polite reminder. This thread was started only to draw attention to a terrible event that, unfortunately, few people ever knew about, and to pay respects to a young, intelligent American woman who lost her life standing up against something that she saw was very wrong.

Let it not degenerate into another name-calling exercise. Rachel Corrie's anniversary will pass soon enough, and then she will be all but forgotten again. :~(

ducati
17-Mar-10, 00:21
There is nothing to "balance," ducati. She was not firing a gun on anyone.

Sorry, you misunderstand; I was merely (fearing the thread was going to develop into a one sided critique of Israel) reminding that Israel also suffers. :(

ducati
17-Mar-10, 00:27
Please. A polite reminder. This thread was started only to draw attention to a terrible event that, unfortunately, few people ever knew about, and to pay respects to a young, intelligent American woman who lost her life standing up against something that she saw was very wrong.

Let it not degenerate into another name-calling exercise. Rachel Corrie's anniversary will pass soon enough, and then she will be all but forgotten again. :~(

Well said, lets hope nothing like this ever happens again to anyone.

golach
17-Mar-10, 00:27
Sorry, you misunderstand; I was merely (fearing the thread was going to develop into a one sided critique of Israel) reminding that Israel also suffers. :(
Totally agree with you ducati, Israel has suffered since 1948 at the hands of the Palestinians, Syrians, Egyptians and now Iran looms.

fred
17-Mar-10, 00:28
'Org Bullies' No Fred, you're wrong - again. It's just a reaction to your constant waffling, your naivety is totally out of this world, if you are going to post on a serious subject, please try to ease of the 'hatred' of anything American for a start. I expect on the whole they are decent people, as with the Israelis.
I can easily live with a friend of mine who was a Fundamentalist Muslim, and is banned from the USA, I have close Jewish friends, I have close military relations - I can live with all this cross-section of society, and not use a bloody great brush and paint 'em all the same colour.. I'm not being a bully, but ease off your fire and damnation and you might, I say might, get more support. You might think it strange but I am a reasonable kind of bloke, and it's an insult to call me a bully - now there, see you're going to make me cry :(

So how come once again you have not added anything to this debate? How come once again you only post to attack me?

My post was relevant, why is an American life or a British life more valuable than a Palestinian life? Why do we remember an American killed when there are so many Palestinians killed and nobody gives a damn about any of them?

My post didn't attack you or any one else on this forum. I didn't go into your bikers to Wooton Basset thread telling you I thought you were sick so why do you and your org bully mates insist on replying to everything I say with personal abuse?

Well? How come I can't post anything to this forum without the org bullies replying with personal abuse? If you don't like my opinions just don't read them like I didn't read your Wooton Basset thread, don't try to bully me out of saying them.

Stavro
17-Mar-10, 00:29
... lets hope nothing like this ever happens again to anyone.

Yes, agreed.

fred
17-Mar-10, 00:31
Totally agree with you ducati, Israel has suffered since 1948 at the hands of the Palestinians, Syrians, Egyptians and now Iran looms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr6dQDhdczU&feature=player_embedded

ducati
17-Mar-10, 00:36

Fred, please don't post links without comment.

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-10, 00:36
So how come once again you have not added anything to this debate? How come once again you only post to attack me?

My post was relevant, why is an American life or a British life more valuable than a Palestinian life? Why do we remember an American killed when there are so many Palestinians killed and nobody gives a damn about any of them?

My post didn't attack you or any one else on this forum. I didn't go into your bikers to Wooton Basset thread telling you I thought you were sick so why do you and your org bully mates insist on replying to everything I say with personal abuse?

Well? How come I can't post anything to this forum without the org bullies replying with personal abuse? If you don't like my opinions just don't read them like I didn't read your Wooton Basset thread, don't try to bully me out of saying them.

Everyone is free to remark on your posts.

If you don't want people to remark on them, stop posting or set up your own site with no right of reply.

golach
17-Mar-10, 00:39

Fred, in 1947 the United Nations General Assembly voted on resolution 181, to partition Palestine between a Jewish and an Arab state, with Jerusalem under an international regime. The Jews agreed but the Arabs did not. Tough!!!!!

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-10, 00:59
Fred, in 1947 the United Nations General Assembly voted on resolution 181, to partition Palestine between a Jewish and an Arab state, with Jerusalem under an international regime. The Jews agreed but the Arabs did not. Tough!!!!!

What right does the UN have to decide on such issues?

ducati
17-Mar-10, 01:05
What right does the UN have to decide on such issues?

Crickey-talk about opening up a debate :eek:

fred
17-Mar-10, 01:16

Why are you accusing me of hating anything American?

I haven't said I hate anything American, Rachel Corrie was American and I raised the issue of why her life was more valuable than a Palestinian life. If she had been Australian, or Polish or Irish the argument would have been just as valid and I'd have made it just the same.

Why are you trying to turn this around? Why are you trying to ignore the problem which is one of our perceptions and explain it away by saying I am racist?

fred
17-Mar-10, 01:20
You say it was an accident.

If that is the case, the nationality of the victim is irrelevant.

The only accident was the nationality. If the driver had known she was American she wouldn't have been killed. If she was Palestinian we would probably never even have heard about it and I wouldn't be surprised if the driver had got a medal.

Stavro
17-Mar-10, 01:21
Like Dr Martin Luther King, this girl had a dream, even from a very young age -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK8Z3i3aTq4

But the world was/is clearly not willing to accept such compassion. :~(

fred
17-Mar-10, 01:43
Fred, please don't post links without comment.

Sorry ducati, I should have remembered not everyone can watch youtube clips.

The link was to a video giving an opposing view to golach's it was about Israel's links to apartheid South Africa in their early days and how Israel is an apartheid state now. About their persecution of the Palestinians.

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-10, 01:54
The only accident was the nationality. If the driver had known she was American she wouldn't have been killed. If she was Palestinian we would probably never even have heard about it and I wouldn't be surprised if the driver had got a medal.

Not so long ago we were talking about Law.

Accident or not?

Intentionality, whether or not to run over that person.

Nothing to do with assumptions about the victim.

changilass
17-Mar-10, 02:11
I think I must be getting cynical in my advancing years.

Why would anyone post a thread on a Caithness website about the 7th anniversary of the death of an American in Palestine if not to try to cause an argument.

I wouldn't post the 7th aniversary of the death of a friend on here, so I definately wouldn't post about someone I don't know.

Had you posted 7yrs ago then maybe it was news worthy.

If you want to start an arguament why not just admit it.

If you have an agenda, have the balls to admit to it and we can have a proper discussion.

fred
17-Mar-10, 02:12
Not so long ago we were talking about Law.

Accident or not?

Intentionality, whether or not to run over that person.

Nothing to do with assumptions about the victim.

I think you are talking about UK law not Israeli law.

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-10, 02:17
I think you are talking about UK law not Israeli law.

I think they subscribe to common law, one of your favourites, no?

fred
17-Mar-10, 02:26
I think they subscribe to common law, one of your favourites, no?

No, I don't think they do.

Stavro
17-Mar-10, 02:27
I think I must be getting cynical in my advancing years.

If you say so.

I wouldn't post the 7th aniversary of the death of a friend on here, ...

I am not interested in what you would or would not do, neither am I interested in an "arguament" with you.

See post #1 if my motives cause you distress.

Aaldtimer
17-Mar-10, 05:22
IMHO Stavro, you started this thread as a deliberate attempt at trolling.
You have succeeded...well done.
You do Rachel's memory no praise whatsoever in my view.

Just to demonstrate , I'll do the same...let's see what happens!:roll:

bekisman
17-Mar-10, 11:38
There are always two sides in any situation. I am not a bully, in spite of accusations. Something about kitchens hot etc? But lets look anyway:

'On March 16 2003, Rachel Corrie, as part of her activities with the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), had gone to Rafah on the Egypt-Gaza border to prevent IDF demolitions of arms smuggling tunnels. ISM activists had repeatedly interfered with these operations, standing in front of the bulldozers and then leaping out of harm’s way. In this case, the IDF was bulldozing shrubbery that camouflaged the tunnels. Rachel apparently thought she was protecting the nearby home of a Palestinian pharmacist. She knelt in front of the bulldozer behind a pile of dirt.

The ISM claimed the bulldozer intentionally ran her over and killed her. After extensive investigation, the IDF concluded that the driver could not see her and that her death was an unfortunate accident. The IDF Judge Advocate’s Office concluded: “The driver at no point saw or heard Corrie. She was standing behind debris which obstructed the view of the driver and the driver had a very limited field of vision due to the protective cage he was working in.” An autopsy revealed that the bulldozer never rolled over Corrie: she was killed when debris dislodged by the bulldozer struck her head.

The ISM claim was based on two photos it released: one of Rachel standing in a bright orange flak jacket, a bull horn in her hand, with a bulldozer only yards away; the second of the fallen Rachel, the bulldozer just behind her. ISM claimed these photos were taken within minutes of each other. However, it quickly became apparent that the photos had not been taken sequentially, but probably hours apart. The first photo showed a morning sky; the second photo showed an afternoon sky. The bulldozer in the first picture was not the same one shown in the second picture. The first picture did not fit initial eyewitness reports that Rachel did not have a bullhorn in her hand at the time of the accident nor did it show the mound of earth repeatedly described. ISM bystanders said no photographers were present before the accident occurred. The IDF concluded that Rachel was sitting on a mound of dirt and could not be seen by the driver. When he continued his operations, she could have rolled away but instead tried to climb to the top of the mound but the digging drew her downward, causing the accident. Later autopsy reports revealed that the cause of death was blows to the head, probably from the heavy debris dislodged by the bulldozer.'

http://rachelcorriefacts.org/default.aspx (http://rachelcorriefacts.org/default.aspx)

Anfield
17-Mar-10, 12:07
Whether it was a bulldozer that killed her, or a piece of masonry dislodged by bulldoze, r cant disguise the fact that a young women died whilst trying to help others obtain a better life.

If it happened in this country she would be called a heroine by most people.

bekisman
17-Mar-10, 12:25
Let's not forget that in 10 days it will be the 8th anniversary of the murder by a suicide bomber of 30 civilians in Netanya, Israel. - I'm not posting this to Troll, but there is no purpose served here - any date in history can be plucked out of the air, and death/s will have occurred..

'The Passover massacre (also known as the Netanya Bombing or the Park Hotel Passover attack) was a suicide bombing carried out by Hamas at the Park Hotel in Netanya, Israel on March 27, 2002, during a Passover seder. Thirty Israeli civilians were killed in the attack and 140 were injured.'

northener
17-Mar-10, 13:31
Few people will have heard of her, but today is the 7th anniversary of the murder of Rachel Corrie, a young American woman who was run over and crushed to death by a US-built "Israeli" bulldozer in Palestine.

She was trying to prevent the destruction of the home of some Palestinian friends of hers.

I don't expect this thread to attract many views, but I just wanted to express my sorrow for the death of this exceptionally brave American girl so far away in Palestine, and to offer respects to her and her family.

:~(

Stavro, you knew exactly what you were doing when you posted this.

It has far less to do with the unfortunate death of a young woman than it has to do with you parading an example of perceived US/Isreali aggression against Palestinians. Covering it up with a crude attempt to disguise it as a genuine 'rememberance' is a bloody cheap shot.

I think this one's backfiring on you, young fella.

Slapped wrists and go and sit on the naughty step.

horseman
17-Mar-10, 13:33
Have to agree with bekisman here.What ever can be the purpose of highlighting this young females death? So much an so many atrocities have occured since then,just cannot see the point of the origional thread.

Stavro
17-Mar-10, 16:55
Just to demonstrate , I'll do the same...let's see what happens!:roll:

As you will see, Aaldtimer, I have avoided your thread. Let that be a lesson to you. :)

But you do, by your warped comments and your deliberate (as you yourself admit) creation of a trolling thread? No, Aaldtimer, you are wrong on both counts.

bekisman - I have tried to keep the thread focused on a needless death, and have succeeded in the main (even ducati and I have agreed and left it at that). I am surprised by your need to make the two posts that you did, because I think that you are quite a reasonable bloke, but I am not going to answer your posts.

northener and horseman - You are wrong. If I wanted to highlight the ills of the region I would not have resorted to using this young woman's death as an excuse. I tried to make that point clear in post #1. If you read that and still felt the need to make your allegations, then perhaps a pm would have been a more dignified way of doing so?

scotsboy
17-Mar-10, 17:02
Of course it is sad and wrong, that a young life was cut short, but she knew the risks.

Interesting that an American who tries to help forge a better life for Palestinians is a hero, and those who try to do similar in Iraq and Afghanistan are evil.

northener
17-Mar-10, 18:02
.......northener and horseman - You are wrong. If I wanted to highlight the ills of the region I would not have resorted to using this young woman's death as an excuse. I tried to make that point clear in post #1. If you read that and still felt the need to make your allegations, then perhaps a pm would have been a more dignified way of doing so?

We'll have to agree to differ on this one Stavro, If you are genuine - then I apologise, I have no problem with that at all. As it stands at the moment though, I believe my original observation to be correct.

Regarding PM'ing, I feel that seeing as you put it in the public domain, my views on the posting of it belong in the public domain as well.
You've hardly committed a henious crime (in my eyes, I know) and I feel that although you may believe my criticism to be unwarranted, my response doesn't need to be 'behind closed doors' as it were.

Cheers.

Aaldtimer
17-Mar-10, 21:21
[quote=Stavro;677042]As you will see, Aaldtimer, I have avoided your thread. Let that be a lesson to you.

But you do, by your warped comments and your deliberate (as you yourself admit) creation of a trolling thread? No, Aaldtimer, you are wrong on both counts.

LOL! The idea of you giving anyone a "lesson" is indeed laughable"

Which comments were "warped"?

No doubt you're one of the "several members" who went whingeing to the Mods to get me an infraction! (Like I'm gonna lose sleep over it, eh?):roll:

At least Leanne had the balls to PM with her red card! Thanks L.[disgust]

And all for a wee bit o' fun in the wee sma' 'oors..........

roadbowler
17-Mar-10, 22:53
question? IF stavro would have posted about the anniversary of a death of a uk soldier who died in iraq, would you be saying, och, he/she knew the risks? Your just trying to start an argument?

changilass
17-Mar-10, 23:02
If he had posted about the 7th aniversary, of a soldier unknown to him, then yes I would still question his motives.

golach
17-Mar-10, 23:04
If he had posted about the 7th aniversary, of a soldier unknown to him, then yes I would still question his motives.
Exactly Changilass, I would too, as said by others post #1 was pure Trolling IMHO

roadbowler
17-Mar-10, 23:07
i bet a hundred quid ye wouldnae. I mind michael jackson, jade goody rip threads. I mind people greeti on the streets about princess di. What was their motive??

changilass
17-Mar-10, 23:11
That wasn't 7 yrs after the event.

It's the timing I am questioning.

roadbowler
17-Mar-10, 23:15
sorry, my phone reposts sometimes when i read the same page.

golach
17-Mar-10, 23:21
i bet a hundred quid ye wouldnae. I mind michael jackson, jade goody rip threads. I mind people greeti on the streets about princess di. What was their motive??
What has a so called pop singer and some person that was created by the media, to do with Princess Diana?

Stavro
17-Mar-10, 23:24
No doubt you're one of the "several members" who went whingeing to the Mods to get me an infraction! (Like I'm gonna lose sleep over it, eh?):roll:

I haven't a clue what you are on about, Aaldtimer.

Yoda the flump
17-Mar-10, 23:28

To be fair to the Palestinians how would you feel if the UN voted to partition the UK?

Of course the Jews agreed, they were not loosing anything unlike the Palestinians.

golach
17-Mar-10, 23:31
To be fair to the Palestinians how would you feel if the UN voted to partition the UK?

Of course the Jews agreed, they were not loosing anything unlike the Palestinians.
Alec Salmond is trying to this at the moment to Scotland, are you not worried I am.

roadbowler
17-Mar-10, 23:34
golach, imo, they are the same class of people. I'm not a royalist. They are all there for our "entertainment". No more, no less. What is the difference between rachel corries brave efforts and any nationality of sudgies efforts? That's what i see as the problem. You are upset about someone reminding people in a statement of remembrance of a death of a person risking their life in passive pursuit of peace, doesna matter when they died. Something wrong with that picture if you ask me.

golach
17-Mar-10, 23:38
golach, imo, they are the same class of people. I'm not a royalist. They are all there for our "entertainment". No more, no less. What is the difference between rachel corries brave efforts and any nationality of sudgies efforts? That's what i see as the problem. You are upset about someone reminding people in a statement of remembrance of a death of a person risking their life in passive pursuit of peace, doesna matter when they died. Something wrong with that picture if you ask me.
Roadbowler, I am not upset in anyway, I just disagree with the purpose of stavo and the real reason for his inflamatory posting. pure trolling.
P.S. The Golf in duke street is now closed, :(

Yoda the flump
17-Mar-10, 23:39
Alec Salmond is trying to this at the moment to Scotland, are you not worried I am.

The quicker Scotland wakes up and kicks that smug git out the better!

fred
17-Mar-10, 23:54

Why?

What difference does it make? Maybe he felt something about this woman's death and wanted to share it. Maybe he wanted to raise public awareness, felt she had not got the recognition she deserves, that someone who gave her life for a cause she believed in should be known about and remembered. Maybe he was trying to stimulate discussion on wider issues.

I don't see anything wrong with any of those motives, his post does no harm, people have the choice if they want to respond or not. Those are all things that are legitimate uses of an internet forum aren't they?

Stavro
18-Mar-10, 00:02

What does this have to do with remembering Rachel Corrie on the anniversary of her death?

golach
18-Mar-10, 00:04
What does this have to do with remembering Rachel Corrie on the anniversary of her death?
Nothing, who was posting to you, I was conversing with someone with sense.

roadbowler
18-Mar-10, 00:10
aye, apparently, some grumpy auld git named bill i think, ye ken the annoying git wi a cane used to annoy the punters so bad naebody wanted til go in. Drove them into the hole. Shame that. But, no yer no upset, ye just enjoy trolling on threads where ye dinna like the 'opposing' view.:D

Stavro
18-Mar-10, 00:12

Well at least that shows that you do not talk to yourself.

Can you not run away and play somewhere else?

fred
18-Mar-10, 00:15

The org bullies strike again.

As far as I am aware we all have the right to respond to any post if it was directed at us or not.

And in a civilised forum we should have the right to respond without being insulted.

bekisman
18-Mar-10, 00:17

As far as I am aware we all have the right to respond to any post if it was directed at us or not.

And in a civilised forum we should have the right to respond without being insulted.

What you picking on me for?

Stavro
18-Mar-10, 00:22

Fred, golach's tactics, if we can be kind enough to him to call them that, involve nothing more than silly jibes to get us to reply with what he really is behaving like. The object being to claim that we have insulted him.

Best to humour him, in the hope that he may take himself off to a thread more suited to his intellect.

Aaldtimer
18-Mar-10, 03:55
I haven't a clue what you are on about, Aaldtimer.

OK, maybe you weren't one of them...but you never answered the question, "Which comments were "warped"?":confused

Stavro
18-Mar-10, 16:21
OK, maybe you weren't one of them...but you never answered the question, "Which comments were "warped"?":confused

I assume this is your attempt at saying sorry for your false accusation, Aaldtimer?

As for which comments were warped, you had only made one comment on this thread at that time,

IMHO Stavro, you started this thread as a deliberate attempt at trolling.
You have succeeded...well done.

Just to demonstrate , I'll do the same...let's see what happens!:roll: ,

so to determine which comments I was referring to ought not to have been too difficult, even for you. Ie.,
1. "you started this thread as a deliberate attempt at trolling"
2. "You have succeeded...well done."
3. "Just to demonstrate , I'll do the same...let's see what happens!:roll:"

Number 3 is particularly warped, keeping in mind that you only came onto this thread, not because you care about this young woman's death in Palestine, but to disruptively announce your short-lived, warped attempt at trolling.

It would be better if you stayed away from a thread such as this one, because if you really did believe it was a trolling thread, then that is the thing to do (as I taught you with my avoidance of your self-proclaimed trolling thread). And if you did not believe that it was a trolling thread, then you clearly came on it specifically to cause trouble.

Most people have been decent and expressed their regrets at Rachel Corrie's death. In this respect, it has even united some who have very different opinions as to the root cause of the conflict that has continued since her death.

Let this fact be another lesson for you, Aaldtimer.

fred
19-Mar-10, 19:40
I have just seen an interesting article on the subject posted yesterday on the Jews for Justice for Palestinians web site.

http://jfjfp.com/?p=11500

_Ju_
19-Mar-10, 20:13
I guess if the Palestinian's didn't fire so many rockets into Isreal, they wouldn't feel the need to invade quite so frequently?

I guess if someone came into your backyard, called it theirs and started building their home there and then made sure you were pushed out of your home for security reasons, you would go along with it like a lamb. These people have got nothing else to loose but their lives. That is why there will never be a peaceful co-existance. How can there be on such an unequal field?

I heard one of Rachels last interviews. She is a rare species indeed. I am sure she would be glad that the loss of her life was helping to keep the focus on the palastinian issue.

Aaldtimer
19-Mar-10, 20:31
I notice Stavro, that you deliberately left out the "IMHO" part of my post![disgust]
It is my honest opinion, which I am entitled to.
Nothing warped about any of my comments.
I'm not sorry for making them.
Get over it!:roll:

sandyr1
19-Mar-10, 20:35
I guess if someone came into your backyard, called it theirs and started building their home there and then made sure you were pushed out of your home for security reasons, you would go along with it like a lamb. These people have got nothing else to loose but their lives. That is why there will never be a peaceful co-existance. How can there be on such an unequal field?

I heard one of Rachels last interviews. She is a rare species indeed. I am sure she would be glad that the loss of her life was helping to keep the focus on the palastinian issue.

Here Here...I concur....other that her losing her life was Ok!.

Stavro
19-Mar-10, 20:45
Here Here...I concur....other that her losing her life was Ok!.

Yes, a very fine comment and tribute.

And thanks for the link, Fred. Had not seen that site before. A short but informative article.

Yoda the flump
19-Mar-10, 21:32
It is a real shame that this happened.

The Israelis really do need taken to task over what they are doing in Palestine. Do they want to live in peace with their neighbours?

northener
19-Mar-10, 21:43
I'm no fan of Israeli policy when it comes to the issue of the Palestinians, they're guilty of the same 'Lebensraum' tactics as their own tormentors in WW2. Only the other day there was widespread condemnation of the building of another new settlement in (I think) east Jerusalem. (I could be way off beam with my details of where it is, mind).

As always, there are nast extremists on both sides of this huge divide...and they have no intention of reaching any sort of settlement with each other apart from some notion of an all-out 'victory'. And it's the poor everyday gadgies caught on both sides whe bear the brunt of this miserable, crushing and never-ending conflict.

The girl in question was undoubtedly commited to her cause, plucky...and rather stupid IMO. Leaping about in front of dirty great pieces of machinery in a rubble strewn environment when the driver is probably thinking he's going to get shot at any moment is not a sensible idea.
Plus the notion of her becoming a 'martyr' will be very short lived and will change nothing in the long run.

Better a live demonstrator than a dead 'hero'.