PDA

View Full Version : Stupid school pupils

Fran
20-May-06, 00:21
How stupid the school pupils of Millburn Academy, Inverness, are to paint graffiti on their school roof urging al-Qaeda terrorists to bomb it.
The pilot of a small plane spotted it from the air and alerted school chiefs to the white painted slogan.
What a sick joke.

DW
20-May-06, 00:30
It was painted in white emulsion - hardly the act of wanton criminals - more like just a misguided prank I fancy.

I remember, when I was at school, a number of us picking up a member of staff's car and carrying it into a basement area - tricky to move - that one.

golach
20-May-06, 01:40
How stupid the school pupils of Millburn Academy, Inverness, are to paint graffiti on their school roof urging al-Qaeda terrorists to bomb it.
The pilot of a small plane spotted it from the air and alerted school chiefs to the white painted slogan.
What a sick joke.
I would say its stupid teachers that put them up to it, maybe Im wrong, but Teachers in my day were RESPECTED!!!!!!!

Chobbersjnr
20-May-06, 03:00
What a sick joke.

I knew there was something I had to do before I left school:roll:

Oh well

emszxr
20-May-06, 07:02
It was painted in white emulsion - hardly the act of wanton criminals - more like just a misguided prank I fancy.

I remember, when I was at school, a number of us picking up a member of staff's car and carrying it into a basement area - tricky to move - that one.

dw - was this in thurso high school? i know about this. someone who helped out told me. well i think he helped you's

DW
20-May-06, 09:44
dw - was this in thurso high school? i know about this. someone who helped out told me. well i think he helped you's
Nope - not Thurso when I did it.

DW
20-May-06, 09:45
I would say its stupid teachers that put them up to it, maybe Im wrong, but Teachers in my day were RESPECTED!!!!!!!

Aye, Golach, your faultless logic rises to the surface again eh? :lol:

scorrie
20-May-06, 10:36

Of course it is only the act of wise pranksters. Everyone knows that a sick joke requires avocado gloss paint (preferably Crown Solo) to get its point across successfully.

The car incident, was this last week and was it Mr Traill's car?

Gee whiz, no wonder the kids are so bad when the teachers are still at the old japes.

ps This post may contain one, more or no spoonerisms.

pultneytooner
20-May-06, 11:19
What a sick joke.
Hardly likely that al-qaeda have millburn academy on their hit list.;)
As DW said, it was a misguided prank that is all.

gollach
20-May-06, 11:39
Probably just an act of vandalaism by the IRA kids. :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
20-May-06, 12:17
When we were kids did we not wish often that the school would be blown up or catch fire so we did not have to attend.I think this is a foolish prank by youngsters with no thought of the consequences of their actions or how some people may feel about it.We are all young and not so wise at some point.If our school had caught fire or blown up we never gave a thought to anyone being injured......thoughtless kids up to no good thats what I think.

webmannie
20-May-06, 14:08
The Thurso High School car incident

Was when a number of us picked up a small car and wedged it between the pillar and wall of the building at the covered front entrance. We had to lift it back out again after a while (seem to remember lots of grovelling by the heid chiel) coz there was no way it was going to be driven out!

brandy
20-May-06, 14:18
i remember when my school DID blow up!
it was the bulding that housed years 6, 7 and 8
it was between the Gym and the building that held years 4 and 5
the night it blew there was a basketball game in the gym
now there is the width of a street between the buildings
it was a miracle how it went.. the explosion went to the left.. so that it blew into the empty class room.. you could hear the boom for about 10 -15 miles and felt the explosion for a good five miles or so!
thankfully none of the children or parents were harmed.. but it blew the entire building to rubble .. and all the windows, doors and desks away in the years 4 and 5 building.. will have a look see if i can google any old headlines.
they said that a child has accidently left the gas on it the science lab and a spark from the vending machine is what set it all off...

emszxr
20-May-06, 14:19

Was when a number of us picked up a small car and wedged it between the pillar and wall of the building at the covered front entrance. We had to lift it back out again after a while (seem to remember lots of grovelling by the heid chiel) coz there was no way it was going to be driven out!

how long ago was this

Bobinovich
20-May-06, 23:33

Was this Mrs Thom's car (vague recollections of it being a fiat) circa 1983/4? I remember helping to move her car but I couldn't remember where it ended up - terrible memory![lol]

Ricco
21-May-06, 07:50
I remember oone year (must have been around 1963) when one lad took retribution against the OTT discipline dished out by Dragon Duncan. He dropped a banger down her petrol tank and wrote the car off. Don't know who it was - and it wasn't me!:cool:

emszxr
21-May-06, 08:51
Was this Mrs Thom's car (vague recollections of it being a fiat) circa 1983/4? I remember helping to move her car but I couldn't remember where it ended up - terrible memory![lol]

yep, im sure it was her car. was it not between the pillars outside of the now science block next to canteen.

Bingobabe
21-May-06, 09:17
Im so glad school is far behind me i hated school but i was hardly ever there to attend lol.When i was in school they used to slap you on the forehead and run away and shout bru slap now if that didnt wake you up i dont know what else would.:eek:

mccaugm
21-May-06, 17:43
Been reading this thread, some of the pranks were priceless.

Only thing I can remember was humming in classroom, teacher could not tell who it was and ended up in going nuts. I mean literally, last I heard she was in Craig Dunain or New Craigs as its now known. Nothing on the scale previously mentioned.:lol:

Bingobabe
21-May-06, 17:49

Only thing I can remember was humming in classroom, teacher could not tell who it was and ended up in going nuts. I mean literally, last I heard she was in Craig Dunain or New Craigs as its now known. Nothing on the scale previously mentioned.:lol:Thats really ashame on the teacher i feel sorry for her family.

angela5
21-May-06, 17:51

Only thing I can remember was humming in classroom, teacher could not tell who it was and ended up in going nuts. I mean literally, last I heard she was in Craig Dunain or New Craigs as its now known. Nothing on the scale previously mentioned.:lol:

You should of had more thought for the teacher and had a bath, going to school humming and driving her nuts!! dear,dear.;)

scrapydoo
21-May-06, 18:00
There was alot that hummed in school never mind having thought for the teachers what about the pupils. hehehehe

mccaugm
21-May-06, 19:29
I said what happened, not what I did. I actually really liked the teacher but I was in a class of teenage numpties who thought it really funny. :(

willowbankbear
22-May-06, 14:42
There was a boy in 4th year when Iwas in 1st that stuck an airbomb in a bin in the crush hall, the bin went to pieces every1 scarpered & the rector & the dep went white,with their trousers going brown at the backsides. It was quite funny but also dangerous, Can ye imagine if any1 had been hit?

Groat headlines-Bin attacks WHS pupils in unprovoked attack!!!