PDA

View Full Version : Are you feeling Green?

sgmcgregor
11-Mar-10, 22:01
Hello all,

I haven't posted in a long while because I have been without a computer for a while.

Anyway, I'm going back to the family tree and I was wondering if anyone has links to the surname 'Green' among others.

I've gone back as far as (not far) to Peter Green and Janet Morrison who married on 16 July 1869 at Henrietta Street, Wick. Peter was married previously.

Their son William Green married Catherine Bremner, daughter of Ann Miller and possibly Donald Bremner. Catherine was born Edinburgh, but was living with her grandparents William Miller and Catherine Ross in 1881 during the census.

I have a few of their children and their marriages, so if anyone links in, please get in touch.

Thanks,
Steven McGregor (Thurso, Caithness)

Mamie_2
13-Mar-10, 01:31
parents James Green 1800 and Rose Moody c 1791
grandparents Andrew Green 1764 and Rose Moodie c 1761
great grandparents Peter Green c 1739 and Jean Green

I have several tie ins by marriage to descendants of Andrew and Rose.

Mamie

sgmcgregor
16-Mar-10, 19:51
Mamie,

Thanks for your reply.

I had Peter Green and Janet Morrison's marriage but hadn't yet gone further. I know Peter Green was married before marrying Janet Morrison.

Their son William Green married was married to Catherine Bremner (my great grandmother). I am descended from Catherine's daughter Christina Cormack Bremner, and she was the stepdaughter of William.

Christina C Bremner had several 1/2 brothers and one 1/2 sister - all Green.

Thanks again,
Steven