PDA

View Full Version : shetland loaf

scoobs
11-Mar-10, 21:36
anyone got a recipe for a shetland loaf ? thanks

poppett
11-Mar-10, 23:34
Was going to ask if this is similar to Orkney cake, but googled it to discover it is a basic tea loaf recipe.

skinnydog
16-Mar-10, 22:17
I do have a recipe somewhere for exactly that. Will dig it out and post as soon as possible. It is a really easy cake to make, I remember that much!

skinnydog
18-Mar-10, 20:36
Here you go!
1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups sultanas, 4 oz Stork marg 1 teaspoon bicarb of soda. Put that in a pan and boil for 15 minutes then allow to cool completely. 2 cups self raising flour, 2 beaten eggs. Mix all that with the cool mixture, place in a lined loaf tin and bake for one hour or so at gas mark 4.

Rictina
18-Mar-10, 20:37
Here you go!
1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups sultanas, 4 oz Stork marg 1 teaspoon bicarb of soda. Put that in a pan and boil for 15 minutes then allow to cool completely. 2 cups self raising flour, 2 beaten eggs. Mix all that with the cool mixture, place in a lined loaf tin and bake for one hour or so at gas mark 4.

This sounds lovely & very easy to do. :)

espadartecars
18-Mar-10, 20:59
hi was going to try the loaf but i have a fan oven,what temperature would i bake it at in it,

scoobs
19-Mar-10, 00:35
thanks skinydog.

teenybash
24-Mar-10, 13:12
Tried this recipe last night and was delighted how simple and very, very tasty....Good one skinnydog.:)

skinnydog
31-Mar-10, 21:38
I may not be the next Nigella Lawson in the kitchen but what I can turn out are normally tried and tested, pretty fool proof recipes. Glad you found it easy and enjoyed it!!