View Full Version : Local Hero

ducati
11-Mar-10, 06:39
Who is your local hero? :cool:

Mods, please don't move this to the filums

riggerboy
11-Mar-10, 09:10
hughie malcom was a great hero of mine o and beilly mough,

nowadays i suppose it will be the bloke that walks all over the place with his nap sack shorts and open toe sandles in 4" of snow now thats a hero, ??????

achingale
11-Mar-10, 11:12
My hero is our local postie. He delivers the mail in all kinds or weather and still has a smile on his face. On one occasion I refused a recorded letter and he was really kind about it so I would say him. I do not want to mention his name on here incase I embarrass him! ;)

Dog-eared
11-Mar-10, 11:55
T.c. ...........

ducati
11-Mar-10, 12:16
T.c. ...........

Top Cat? :eek:

Dog-eared
11-Mar-10, 12:20
No.....T.C. :lol:

wicker8
11-Mar-10, 13:40
it has to bethe guys on millers taxis always get me to my work on time

John Little
11-Mar-10, 13:56
My local hero is a Thurso taxi driver whose name I was too ill to note. I was on a cycling holiday some years ago and on my own. As I approached Durness I got ill - high temperature, giddy and really bad. Some local B and B people took pity on me and let me stay, disregarding the risk of catching my lurgy, but after 2 days it was obvious I needed to get home and TLC; I needed a train.

I phoned a taxi in Thurso and the guy agreed to come. He drove all the way from Thurso, loaded by bike in his boot and drove me back to Thurso. He told me he thought at first that someone was sending him off on a wild goosechase but it became obvious that I was in trouble - so he came anyway.

Whoever you are - thanks again - you're a gentleman and a hero.

katarina
11-Mar-10, 14:36
It truly is amazing how this works out!
YOUR HERO
FIND OUT WHO TRULY IS YOUR HERO.
(DON'T SCROLL DOWN YET.)
DO THE SIMPLE MATH BELOW,
TO FIND YOUR HERO.

It's AMAZINGLY CRAZY how accurate this is!!!
No peeking!!!

1) Pick your favorite number between 1-9
2) Multiply by 3
3) Add 3
4) Multiply by 3, again
5) You should now have a 2 or 3 digit number....
6) Add the digits together

Now, scroll down.

With that number, see who your hero is from the list below:
1. Albert Einstein
2. Oprah Winfrey
3. President Lincoln
4. Thomas Edison
5. Bill Gates
6. Ghandi
7. Brad Pitt
8. Babe Ruth
9. Katarina
I know, I know.....I just have that effect on people.
One day, maybe you too can be like me.
Why are you laughing???
P.S. Stop picking different numbers!!!
I AM YOUR HERO... JUST DEAL WITH IT!!!

telfordstar
11-Mar-10, 15:24
My hero is our local postie. He delivers the mail in all kinds or weather and still has a smile on his face. On one occasion I refused a recorded letter and he was really kind about it so I would say him. I do not want to mention his name on here incase I embarrass him! ;)

I think Heros should be named makes the feel proud!

ducati
11-Mar-10, 15:44
It truly is amazing how this works out!
YOUR HERO
FIND OUT WHO TRULY IS YOUR HERO.
(DON'T SCROLL DOWN YET.)
DO THE SIMPLE MATH BELOW,
TO FIND YOUR HERO.

It's AMAZINGLY CRAZY how accurate this is!!!
No peeking!!!

1) Pick your favorite number between 1-9
2) Multiply by 3
3) Add 3
4) Multiply by 3, again
5) You should now have a 2 or 3 digit number....
6) Add the digits together

Now, scroll down.

With that number, see who your hero is from the list below:
1. Albert Einstein
2. Oprah Winfrey
3. President Lincoln
4. Thomas Edison
5. Bill Gates
6. Ghandi
7. Brad Pitt
8. Babe Ruth
9. Katarina
I know, I know.....I just have that effect on people.
One day, maybe you too can be like me.
Why are you laughing???
P.S. Stop picking different numbers!!!
I AM YOUR HERO... JUST DEAL WITH IT!!!

Wow! I never knew [lol]

northener
11-Mar-10, 15:49
Local heroes? I can think of plenty.

One group who deserves much more attention for their unflagging resolve are the people responsible for the floral displays around Wick.

No matter how many times the local knuckle draggers make a mess, they are out replanting and repotting.

Good on yer', you anonymous Flower People.:Razz

ducati
11-Mar-10, 18:28
Mine is Northener, for wheelying the length of Bridge Street in front of the bizzies.

Whatever that means :confused

northener
11-Mar-10, 18:38
........Whatever that means :confused

Aye, right.;)

Margaret M.
12-Mar-10, 15:01
The folks who risk their own lives to save others -- Coastguards and the like.

ducati
13-Mar-10, 07:57
Was I dreaming or did Fran make a brief appearance? :eek:

Anfield
13-Mar-10, 17:20
I would like to nominate TheDrunkenDuck, a serving soldier, for his bravery and honesty, in saying that all UK troops should be withdrawn from Afghanistan.

If only a few org members could be as brave as him and demand that troops are brought home.

"..The way Brown turns up in Afghan for PR photo op's makes me sick. Although I totally agree with you in that its time to get our guys and girls out of there.."

http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=673475&postcount=384

elastic band
13-Mar-10, 18:17
I think nurses do a fantastic job for little financial reward, the ones i know all have degrees and often do so, so much in their own time. In this uncertain financial climate they are all still there providing a fantastic service, giving support, hope, comfort and a listening ear -all when they do not know if they are even going to have jobs in the future.

Lindsay
13-Mar-10, 19:43
I would have to say my husband is my hero! He has been there to brighten up my day when I have really felt down and wonder why I should keep going. He is there when I don`t feel well or have hurt myself and he nurses me back to health. I have given him a hard time over the last 10 yrs and he is still there, strong and proud. He is my hero and I love him! Aawww xxx

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Mar-10, 20:23
My local hero was a man called Snib Scott,who left the rat race to live in a cave.His local cave dweller,not at the same generation,was Sawney Bean who liked to eat folks kidneys.Snib was better,he was more sophisticated.

My local hero in Caithness though would probably be Tichy and Zeeky.:)

twiglet
13-Mar-10, 23:04
My current heroes are the people who helped me last week when my wheel bearing went on the M9/A9. My hubby for booking a hotel and making numerous phonecalls, the RAC guy, Malkie the recovery driver and Wifie who collected us from the back of beyond and took us to the hotel. I've just been reminded, hubby also travelled down on tuesday to pay for the repair and drive my car home. Thanks guys!

BishBashBosh
13-Mar-10, 23:24
i think midwives can be heroic! To have a hormonal woman in pain to look after....! I supose you couldnt take anything personally, be understanding and still get the job done in the best possible way!!!