PDA

View Full Version : optical express

Tom Cornwall
02-Mar-10, 20:46
optical express advertise laser eye surgery from £395 per eye....2 of my friends had it done and it cost them around £3000 to get their eyes fixed..has anybody had it done for £395??

Tubthumper
02-Mar-10, 20:48
I think the £3000 treatment is done by a highly skilled opstetrician using state of the art precision laser equipment. The £395 treatment is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick - but only just.
Seriously, I think it's just a marketing ploy to get you interested.

Venture
02-Mar-10, 21:03
The £395 per eye is at the lower end of the price list. There are different types of laser surgery for different types of eye conditions.
http://uk.opticalexpress.com/laser-eye-surgery/payment-and-finance-options.html

bekisman
02-Mar-10, 21:41
optical express advertise laser eye surgery from £395 per eye....2 of my friends had it done and it cost them around £3000 to get their eyes fixed..has anybody had it done for £395??

Thought about this - once it's done, is that it? or is there later surgery as the person gets more aged?

Fluff
02-Mar-10, 21:49
it is not permanment, some people find they need glasses again after a few years for things like night driving. There is also nothing they can do about the eye ageing, i.e. needing them for reading.
but for people with high prescription, so worth it!

ak1
02-Mar-10, 22:13
i had my eyes done in optical express in inverness but cost a lot more than £395, but would say it was the best money i have ever spent.

Scarybiscuits03
03-Mar-10, 17:25
I had my eyes done by optical express, such a quick and painless procedure, took all of 5 mins! Although it cost £2,500, there are cheaper alternatives - instead of opting for the laser to separate your cornea you could choose the cutting tool that they place on your eye (sounded a little scary to me!)
You can pay it up monthly and it is soooooooo worth it when you wake up after your nap!