PDA

View Full Version : All Star Factory Bargain Price

stekar
23-Feb-10, 15:43
Offered at considerable less than it was up for sale.

No, I'm afraid I can't afford it.....

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/property_details_scotland_new.asp?id=631680

Invisible
23-Feb-10, 15:58
is there snow in the picture of the bowling alley or are my eyes deceiving me

loganbiffy
23-Feb-10, 16:31

It will be snow yeah. There was a good few leaks when I worked there, they must have gotten worse though.

retrodj
23-Feb-10, 16:38
What a price. I wish I had the money to buy it. I would make it a place where a family could come and spend all day there.

Alice in Blunderland
23-Feb-10, 16:43
Very good price if someone had the time and money to turn in into something good. Then you would need the support of the locals to make a go of it............thats the difficult part.

Bobinovich
23-Feb-10, 16:55
I notice that is just a guide price and that it's open for auction on the 11th March - may well go for much less...

buggyracer
23-Feb-10, 17:03
I notice that is just a guide price and that it's open for auction on the 11th March - may well go for much less...

or much more id suspect :lol:

look at the prices for the other propertys all much under what imo they are worth.........

cazmanian_minx
23-Feb-10, 17:17
or much more id suspect :lol:

look at the prices for the other propertys all much under what imo they are worth.........

Not all of them - the Christian bookshop in Olrig Street is also in this auction at a guide price of £5k. I've seen it come through Wilson's twice and either SVA or Countrywide once at the same price and fail to sell.

buggyracer
23-Feb-10, 17:35
Not all of them - the Christian bookshop in Olrig Street is also in this auction at a guide price of £5k. I've seen it come through Wilson's twice and either SVA or Countrywide once at the same price and fail to sell.

little wonder its tiny :roll: :lol::lol:

garble
23-Feb-10, 17:54
It will be snow yeah. There was a good few leaks when I worked there, they must have gotten worse though.

Looks more like 2 of the white roof tiles have fallen and broken if you check the ceiling ;)

theone
23-Feb-10, 18:33
For that price It'd make a great house!

It would make "If you want to watch the football go to the other room" easier to take!

Stefan
23-Feb-10, 18:49
You would need planning permission to change the use which I doubt would be granted.

achingale
23-Feb-10, 19:13
I thought the bookshop had sold. It is not in the best position in the town but it is not that bad either. It is tiny though. Maybe someone will buy it and give it new life this time...

cazmanian_minx
23-Feb-10, 20:20
The bookshop sold in May 2009 for £5k:

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?con=sold_prices_street_detail&street=OLRIG+STREET&locality=&town=THURSO&cCode=SC&year=All&house_style=All&house_age=All&search_radius=&outcode=KW14&incode=7HF

- the next attempt to auction it was with a guide price of £13k, then £6k, now it's back to £5k again. From what I remember of the legal pack, it's leased to someone for £1000 a year which may be why the current owner hasn't been able to do anything with it.

donnick
23-Feb-10, 23:53
I have always thought that this would be a great theater to put on shows

Serenity
24-Feb-10, 00:17
Very good price if someone had the time and money to turn in into something good. Then you would need the support of the locals to make a go of it............thats the difficult part.

The locals aren't that hard to please. If the new owners made even a half hearted effort at it I am sure it would do well. People have missed it since it went.
The only reason it went is the huge extent of mismanagement, incompetence and lack of customer care from the previous owners. I doubt many people could manage it as poorly as them if they tried. I don't make such comments lightly but it is true.

onecalledk
24-Feb-10, 10:13
hi

not been in the area for that long but would a community buy out not be an option for this ? the guide price is very low, is there any way that money could be raised for the community to buy this and run it ?

its not a lot of money relatively to raise is it ? am I being a bit naive to think that this is doable ?

Caithness is in dire need of things like cinemas, bowling alleys, things for families to do, so would it not be a good idea for the community to take on a project that benefits everyone ?

I have not a scooby how it would actually be run, by committee??? its just a suggestion ... local communities perhaps need to get together and work together to the things that they need........

only an idea

K

katarina
24-Feb-10, 11:37
And a brilliant one at that! but it would have to be a good committee

MusicWicker
24-Feb-10, 15:56
A committee is the wrong direction, look at all the clubs in Wick. The place will only be run properly if there is one or maybe two independent owners who have a vested interest in the place doing well and making money.

As soon as it goes to a committee or community people get lazy because they dont see the financial benefit of their work

Never been the same since the good old Viking Bowl days!

joxville
24-Feb-10, 20:29
It needs to be turned into something that all the family can use and won't be too expensive. A kart track is what needs to be there.

All in favour say 'aye'. :D

onecalledk
24-Feb-10, 20:44
hi

it was just an idea if it was possible that something could be done within caithness then decide what was needed for families ....

it seems wrong that it sits there empty when there are so many good uses it could have .......

I firmly believe that a community should work together to keep things they need together .......

K

unicorn
24-Feb-10, 20:51
Add a soft play area and work on a family friendly atmosphere, somewhere that all the family can enjoy, a creche if the parents want to watch a movie in peace. I think it could work really well.

Boozeburglar
24-Feb-10, 21:17
How about the Tech buying it and making a sound stage and film school, and a running exhibit of old film, cultural bent to the Highlands and all that, but running it as a normal cinema as well?

cazmanian_minx
12-Mar-10, 14:42
It failed to sell at auction yesterday, so if anyone was minded to approach them with an offer, now would be a very good time....

stekar
12-Mar-10, 14:45
Really thought that would have sold with that guide price.

Kodiak
12-Mar-10, 14:48
It failed to sell at auction yesterday, so if anyone was minded to approach them with an offer, now would be a very good time....

If my Lottery Numbers come up on Saturday I will give them a Phone on Monday :D

Sage
12-Mar-10, 16:09
Me too Kodiak :lol:

Really surprised it didnt sell, wonder if it's in more of a state that we think it it!

joxville
12-Mar-10, 16:12
If I win you can look forward to a kart track being your future entertainment. :)

Turquoise
13-Mar-10, 13:42

Nah that'll be some more ceiling tiles...