Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Brent goose.

1. Default Brent goose.

Just spotted a solitary Brent goose grazing on the bit of grass at Thurso harbour behind the water treatment plant.It has a small white neck patch so is definately a Brent.

Poor thing must have been one of the forty strong flock that flew in on Tuesday evening. They were going round and round the bay for quite a while and I was wondering if it could have been because of this poor one had landed, were they waiting to see if it could carry on? I do not think it can fly, but apart from that it seems healthy enough. I have reported it.

Away with the birds

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Just spotted a solitary Brent goose grazing on the bit of grass at Thurso harbour behind the water treatment plant.It has a small white neck patch so is definately a Brent.
    Yes, pale-bellied brent. Here's a couple of shots taken on Thursday.

Didn't seem able to fly, maybe exhausted or injured.
    Latest Lifer: #4164 - Madagascar Rail (Rallus madagascariensis) - Mantadia, Madagascar (09/10/10)

4. Default

Lovely shots,i see there are now 2 of them down on the shore at the end of the breakwater.

Years ago decades even, I used to go on geese shoots in the solent, what is the law NOW regarding this, I ask out of interest only.

Spotted today in the surf at Castletown Beach, think they are also Light Fronted Brent Geese.

7. Default

Great shot Lizz.

There is a goose in my field i dont think its a brent goose it has no white on its neck it seems to be only one and it can fly it hangs around with the chickens.