Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Is there enough things for young people to do

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

13 22.03%
  • NO

44 74.58%
  • DON'T CARE

2 3.39%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Young people and the community

Default Young people and the community

Do you think there is enough activities and things for young people to do in the local community? If not, please give details on what you would like to see happen to make the place better. Please be serious because the information you give will be used in a presentation for the Big Lottery Fund.

I'll like to see an indoor 5-a-side football pitch available up to 10pm......maybe just a dedicated leisure centre...
    You get what you give

I would like to see what young people want what they really really want. Why ask us old timers? You guys are the ones moaning about nothing to do. What do you want to do?

I think there are plenty of activies in this town, my eldest is 11 and goes to swimming, music lessons, dancing, a church youth club and something we call, 'The Tuesday Club', my eight year old plays football and there are lots of sporting activites on offer each week in the town. I spend nearly every night of the week running my kids to something or other.

I go swimming, music lessons and scouts but I still think that it could be a lot better. I know it's not a city but there are lots more things that could be done to brighten the place up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by robin170491
    I go swimming, music lessons and scouts but I still think that there could be a lot better. I know it's not a city but there are lots more things that could be done to brighten the place up a bit
    Such as....??
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I'd be here all night if I went through them all.

Default Kids

I'm hang down the town all the time.. and out gang always gets moved on for doing nothing at all!.....

Theres nowere to go these days...

We al hang out at night times... Like any normal teenager!!

can u name one place were we can go?
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

A Youth Cafe may be an idea that might happen. Would you use it? I have questionnaires for people to fill in, so if you want one, please let me know. What sort of things would you like to see happen to make Caithness a better place for young people. I will take a note of all your ideas.

Is this not the very reason we have youth clubs, to give the young folk a place to hang out, they have playstations, computers, pool, air hockey, footy and lots more.

krieve Guest

Yes no where to go these days and there was no where to go when i was a teenager not a night anyway.

Maybe they could start off by walking home after school to pass a bit of time..I can't believe how many parents/grandparents wait outside the school to pick the kids up. When I was at school I wouldn't have been seen dead getting picked up by my mum, never mind my granny!!

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Maybe they could start off by walking home after school to pass a bit of time..I can't believe how many parents/grandparents wait outside the school to pick the kids up. When I was at school I wouldn't have been seen dead getting picked up by my mum, never mind my granny!!
    I would have walked home but it would have taken agood few hours lol there is no way i would have let my mum pick me up lol

Default Teen Cafe

The cafe * hang out place * sounds really cool...

But opening hours would be late for the kids stay out late...

But sumwere to hang out would be really cool...

i know my gang wud use it... and it wud save us being moved on all the time!

Whats wrong with the bowling alley and cinema in Thurso..Why don't you hang out there??? At least Thurso has somewhere..

Weve tried the bowling ally....

We got chucked out for hanging out...

They said if ure not buying food or playing bowls!

GET OUT!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy
    Weve tried the bowling ally....

We got chucked out for hanging out...

They said if ure not buying food or playing bowls!

GET OUT!
    Really ..i didn't realise that..what a pity!! Not much point in building a place like that in Wick then if the kids can't hang out there..

Whatever happened to the roller boarding and efforts to get paint balling? Did they die a death? Do kids nowadays not read anymore? What about fishing? Birdwatching? Painting and drawing? Collecting stuff. Then there is football and cricket in the summer. Photography? What about going swimming? The cinema? I could go on and on with suggestions.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy
    The cafe * hang out place * sounds really cool...

But opening hours would be late for the kids stay out late...

But sumwere to hang out would be really cool...

i know my gang wud use it... and it wud save us being moved on all the time!
    If there was to be a youth cafe, there would be adults in charge of it and there would probably be people similar to "bouncers" at pubs to chuck anyone out that is mis behaving

Default Questionnaire

Is there anyone out there who would be able to fill out a questionnaire?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast