Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: When ASDA re-apply for planning consent

Default When ASDA re-apply for planning consent

I for one want ASDA to come to Thurso, but have never been the type to write to the council supporting or rejecting any development plans.

I always thought there would be a number of objections by people living nearby, and of course our hard done by local business people, however I was convinced the planning would sail through like the TESCO application in Wick.

The online petition is great, and might raise a few eyebrows, but I think the best thing we can do is wait for the new planning application then blitz the council with our letters of support for the development.

Lets see them refuse permission with 72 letters of objection and 1000 letters of support!

Power to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by theone
    I for one want ASDA to come to Thurso, but have never been the type to write to the council supporting or rejecting any development plans.

I always thought there would be a number of objections by people living nearby, and of course our hard done by local business people, however I was convinced the planning would sail through like the TESCO application in Wick.

The online petition is great, and might raise a few eyebrows, but I think the best thing we can do is wait for the new planning application then blitz the council with our letters of support for the development.

Lets see them refuse permission with 72 letters of objection and 1000 letters of support!

Power to the people.
    yes I agree, I have never been one for writing to the council for anything because I learned a long time ago that I would just be wasting my time, Tom Jackson is the councillor for my area and I don't even know what he looks like but come voting time I bet I will be bombarded with his image on leaflets that will be promising the earth but he need not bother because I for one will not be voting for him or his sleakit cronies.