Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Latheron OPRs

Default Latheron OPRs

Hello,

I see from the thread on Ditches of Forse that Domino is transcribing the OPRs for Latheron. Domino does that mean you may have additional records or information than are currently available through Scotlands People?

I am looking for the birth record of my gggrandmother Christina Sutherland who is named on the Badbea memorial. According to census data and her death certificate she was born in Latheron about 1798. Father William Sutherland and mother Catherine, previously Sinclair, MS Sutherland. It is possible, though not confirmed, Christina Sutherland was born in the Golsary area.

There seem to be some gaps in the records available for Latheron about the time of this birth but I am always hopeful that some new records will become available.

Thanks Christina

Latheron records have been uploaded to FREEREG. They have been transcribed from the Old Parish Registers - same as available on SP. Difference is that you don't pay to access the records on FREEREG !

Rosemary Skea

Hello Rosemary,

Thanks for the FREEREG info. I have finally had time to spend ages using the Freereg and have had better results with finds than I have had previously with Scotlands People because I have been able to do different types of searches and go backwards and forwards double checking data without incurring costs. I have found several significant (for me) records on Freereg then ordered the doc from Scotlands People.
    So a big thank you to whoever spent the time transcribing for Freereg.
    Christina

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Baldwin View Post
    Hello Rosemary,

Thanks for the FREEREG info. I have finally had time to spend ages using the Freereg and have had better results with finds than I have had previously with Scotlands People because I have been able to do different types of searches and go backwards and forwards double checking data without incurring costs. I have found several significant (for me) records on Freereg then ordered the doc from Scotlands People.
    So a big thank you to whoever spent the time transcribing for Freereg.
    Christina
    "Domino" and I have transcribed all the Caithness records so far available for FREEREG. The bonus is, as you say, you can do a variety of searches , and at no cost. And that is what FREEREG is for. ENJOY!

Rosemary