Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paolo Nutini - new single

i like his music, the fact hes scottish helps also

one of the few artists who sounds the same live as he does recorded, make of that what you want
    Last edited by buggyracer; 02-Jul-09 at 09:53.
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Why do you have to justify why you like or dislike something????????? This question is to MA! If it touches your soul {which it does mine, I'm talking about Paola Nutini} why would you have the need to question as to why you like it You like it it's simple, no need to dissect it and question it etc brings to mind a song by Olivia Newton John.........the lyrics are "I can sing one song you can sing another , there is no wrong song each of us has to choose the right way home dont let anything get in the way of LOVE!!!!! There's your answer MA.......LOVE!!!!! Everyone has a different soul note and some of us obviously resonate with Paolo....so I think the answer must be LOVE!!!

Just been thinking as to why I like Paolo Nutini and his music ....... Paolo and his music makes me feel happy as he is a happy soul........and if it makes you feel good it can't be bad.........so couple the LOVE and the HAPPY and youve got music for the soul!!!!!
    Last edited by Nvidi4; 02-Jul-09 at 12:00.

I don't like his music what so ever, but I certainly don't feel the need to justify why I don't like it.
    It's just very bland that's all.

I also don't buy into the whole "the fact he is Scottish helps" mentality. Travis are Scottish and I can't stand them.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nvidi4 View Post
    Why do you have to justify why you like or dislike something?????????
    You don't. Where did I say you had to?

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    I don't like his music what so ever, but I certainly don't feel the need to justify why I don't like it.
    Fair enough. Wait 'til the next time someone's slagging Biffy Clyro on here and we'll see...

It's just very bland that's all.
    Yes, yes it is. So you say that you don't like his music because it's bland. That sounds like a justification to me. Well done!

I also don't buy into the whole "the fact he is Scottish helps" mentality. Travis are Scottish and I can't stand them.
    Yep, I don't get that either.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Crikey Metalattakk why on earth do you have analyse why you like certain music?

I just like what sounds good to me and of course we are all going to have different tastes.

I have an eclectic taste in music and don't think why but just enjoy and certainly don't feel like I have to justify this to anyone.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

[quote=Liz;568700]Crikey Metalattakk why on earth do you have analyse why you like certain music?

Maybe he is doing a Creamola Research!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Wifie, I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to what you like. I'm just asking you (and anyone else) to justify why they like it.

What's so good about it?
    HERE!!!!!!! You remind me of whatshisname in the film The Devils Advocate......
    Last edited by Nvidi4; 02-Jul-09 at 13:50.

[quote=butterfly;568709]
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Crikey Metalattakk why on earth do you have analyse why you like certain music?

Maybe he is doing a Creamola Research!
    Ha ha. Maybe.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I think he sounds like Rab C Nesbitt after a good few peeves lol!
    I really find it hard to hear what he's sayin half e time, not my cuppa tea at all!

Never heard of him til Glastonbury, but did a good stint. quite impressed.

Yes, yes it is. So you say that you don't like his music because it's bland. That sounds like a justification to me. Well done!

Yep, I don't get that either.[/quote]

whats not to get? im patriotic, i like his music i discovered hes scottish i liked it a bit more due to the fact im patriotic.
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Fair enough. Wait 'til the next time someone's slagging Biffy Clyro on here and we'll see...

Haha, slag away my friend. Good times.....
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

After reading all of this, metal, it would be wise if you just let it go!
    What is it to you if folk like Paulo?! Its their choise!
    Why don't you tell us what you like for a change so we can interrrogate you with 50 question!

For a pop artist, there's a significantly improved amount of attention given to the instrumentation, sounds and arrangements in Paolo's music compared to other so-called pop stars of a similar ilk. A poster pin-up, perhaps, but he's a genuinely nice guy, and is looking a lot better since he stopped the drugs. I don't particularly enjoy his music but I wish him well. He is also a dab hand at wrapping up a bag of chips.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic1888 View Post
    After reading all of this, metal, it would be wise if you just let it go!
    Why don't you tell us what you like for a change so we can interrrogate you with 50 question!
    Am quite fond of obscure, german speed-metal, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    For a pop artist, there's a significantly improved amount of attention given to the instrumentation, sounds and arrangements in Paolo's music compared to other so-called pop stars of a similar ilk. A poster pin-up, perhaps, but he's a genuinely nice guy, and is looking a lot better since he stopped the drugs. I don't particularly enjoy his music but I wish him well. He is also a dab hand at wrapping up a bag of chips.

one of the tabs had it he was puffing away on something funny recently at a festival just past

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    one of the tabs had it he was puffing away on something funny recently at a festival just past
    That wasn't quite what I meant.

Yes! It is!

I am currently particularly fond of the new album by Crucified Barbara. I await your 50 question.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Am quite fond of obscure, german speed-metal, too.
    Obscure German power-metal, if you please.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Apart from the obvious ones like Gamma Ray and Helloween, I've always been partial to a bit of Heaven's Gate and Human Fortress. A possible collaboration with Nutini would be, well, interesting...

I am currently particularly fond of the new album by Crucified Barbara.
    They're no Vixen, but am a sucker for any blond female band from Sweden (ABBA not included).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast