Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Recommended Driving Instructors - Wick

Default Recommended Driving Instructors - Wick

Hey was just wondering if anyone can help me with who's the best driving instructor to get from Wick? Who has the best pass rate etc?

Thanks

As a learner driver my self its not about high pass rates etc is about yourself and how quick you learn and cope behind the wheel that gets you passed. Im going with lee cartright after my hols in october as my previous instructer has stopped doing it now, he came recommended.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

I'm with lee he's good at teaching and doesn't stress you out 10/10

I didn't necesarily mean it was all about the pass rates, it's just i wouldn't want to go with someone who isn't as good as other people may be Do know if Lee Cartwright has a home number/ work number or is it just a mobile number? I've also been told that Marion Mackay is meant to be good as is Bruce Paterson but to be honest iv heard a lot more about Lee than the other two

Ive watched bruce patterson doing manouvers in very stupid and dangerous places!! Pm northener on here thats lee.

Tilly Teckel Guest

Ace Driving School (Willie MacDonald) is very good; a lovely man who puts you at your ease and has been doing it for 40 years so really knows his stuff. Highly recommend him!

Smile Recommendations

Phoenix Driving School is back and is taking bookings now.

Re-structured lessons and lesson hours to suit all needs, very patient , cheaper, quicker and better. Gift vouchers for any occasion.

Open Monday to Sunday 8:30am - 7:45pm

(01955) 605687

or

Or leave a message and he'll call you back.

Default driving instructor

Francis Dunnet is a very good instructor, very friendly and patient

Smile Driving Lessons

Now is the time to take your driving lessons before the prices rise in the New Year for most, if not all, driving schools.
    The cost of driving lessons have dropped a little, or been held static, due to the recession but will rise again for driving schools due to the rise in VAT and the cost of living etc. There couldn't be a better time for learners than now.

As you may or may not know, the Chancellor announced that the standard rate of VAT will increase to 20% on 4 January 2011. From this date…

Book soon and save on block bookings, semi-intensive courses, residential courses etc; it's still possible to take and complete a full course before the VAT rise..
    Last edited by Sketch; 11-Nov-10 at 14:43. Reason: Miss spelling and missed data

Default Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Now is the time to take your driving lessons before the prices rise in the New Year for most, if not all, driving schools.
    The cost of driving lessons have dropped a little, or been held static, due to the recession but will rise again for driving schools due to the rise in VAT and the cost of living etc. There couldn't be a better time for learners than now.

As you may or may not know, the Chancellor announced that the standard rate of VAT will increase to 20% on 4 January 2011. From this date…

Book soon and save on block bookings, semi-intensive courses, residential courses etc; it's still possible to take and complete a full course before the VAT rise..
    Thanks for the heads up on that.

Mr's M is talking about starting to learn, (again) and I think she may be serious this time.

Has anyone got Lee Cartwrights number? he seems to be the one everyone is recommending at the moment.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on that.

Mr's M is talking about starting to learn, (again) and I think she may be serious this time.

Has anyone got Lee Cartwrights number? he seems to be the one everyone is recommending at the moment.

Lee's number is 01955631212 Poor sod takes my daughter out !!

I am sure you can always take Mrs M out for a spin in between lessons

Default Reccs

Phoenix driving school is also taking on again. Brand New Ford Fiesta edge

(01955) 605687

or

or

phoenixlearners@aol.com

Default Learning to Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post

I am sure you can always take Mrs M out for a spin in between lessons
    We have been married 38 years in three weeks time, I don't think it would be very probable to manage 39 if I was to sit by the side of her and pretend to have confidence in her driving skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    We have been married 38 years in three weeks time, I don't think it would be very probable to manage 39 if I was to sit by the side of her and pretend to have confidence in her driving skills.
    Wooo and you may not hit the thirty nine years after she reads that you have just commented on your lack of faith in her abulities

Go on she may surprise you you know you want to really...................or are you afraid she may turn out to be a better driver

she could drive you to mines for a cuppa

Default Intensive courses

Phoenix driving school is now doing intensive and semi-intensive courses over 3, 5 or 7 days

(01955) 605687 or mobile 07986067787

or

phoenixlearners@aol.com

Default Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Wooo and you may not hit the thirty nine years after she reads that you have just commented on your lack of faith in her abulities

Go on she may surprise you you know you want to really...................or are you afraid she may turn out to be a better driver

she could drive you to mines for a cuppa

Now that half of Caithness has said to her, "I here that you are starting to drive again" I am for sure in a bit of bother.

Never mind coming over for a cuppa, have you got a spare room to let?

I learnt to drive with Marion MacKay. Previously I did take some lessons with Francis Dunnet. To me Marion had a very no nonsense approach and very clear instruction.

Im currently with Adam Hendry and think hes very very good, very patient and thorough and not to mentio9n nice man

Recommended Driving Instructors - Wick

Any new updates on this?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by linnie612; 17-Oct-13 at 11:01.