Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wedding music recommendations?

casper Guest

Default Wedding music recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a good music band to hire for a Wedding Dance in Mackay's Hotel?

Thanks.

The North Coast Jazz band are really good.

I know what your probably thinking but they dont actually just play Jazz, infact they have just as big a repatoire of other stuff too.

They played at my friends wedding last October and the dance floor was always packed. They played everything a crowd wants to hear

EJS Guest

We had Half Canned for our wedding dance - they were excellent. I know they play on the Wick side quite often. Find out when they are playing and go along to hear them. It might be worth your while !!

I am looking for the same thing.
    Some-one has recommended George any ifno on what they are like?

Looking for a photographer too if anyone has any opinions/ recommendations

John Bakie for photos:

http://www.caithnessphotographic.com

had a squint through his site, looks good.

.::Zael::.

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good music band to hire for a Wedding Dance in Mackay's Hotel?

Thanks.
    If you what a really good band, then I can highly recommend "Box o' Bananas" from Stirling, who are at the top of their game for the complete wedding package. They perform Scottish, Irish, folk / rock and Cajun music, as well as being fantastic entertainers. Check them out at www.boxobananas.com or P.M. me for any enquiries.
    Last edited by DOC ROCK; 11-Oct-06 at 13:47. Reason: mistake
    Asinus asinum fricat

Whisky are the most sought after local band for weddings. Pm Deemac.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

LOL, the original post is over 2 years old, I hope casper's still not lookig for a band..
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

[quote=Gleber2;145205]Whisky are the most sought after local band for weddings. quote]
    Now there is more choice available, as well as the current local convenient wedding bands. Box o Bananas are one of the top bands for weddings or functions, and perform all over the Country, "indeed" the World. And are now willing to travel up to the North to deliver top class entertainment at very competitive rates. P.M. Doc Rock for any inquiries.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Does anyone kown the number for Half Canned?

Default Wedding Music

For Half Canned

Try Barry Reid on 01955 604154

For a good photographer look no further than Angus Mackay.
    Brilliant photos and some great packages for weddings.

http://www.angusmackay.co.uk/

Judd from wick are good also.

Default Band

Would not recommend half canned - they played at my brothers wedding and music was fine but their attitude to guests was poor.

I'd recommend The Jacks from Golspie - great crack and will play anything you want.

Default music

I had half canned at my wedding and they were excellent, very polite and helpful, tried to please all with their requested music.

Quote Originally Posted by lauradur View Post
    I had half canned at my wedding and they were excellent, very polite and helpful, tried to please all with their requested music.

I have to agree with lauradur we had them at our wedding too and they were great, the dance floor didn't empty all night and played exactly what our guests and us wanted! Are very reasonably priced too

The original post goes back to 2004 though so not sure if anyone is still looking for bands & photographers :/

Katy xx

We had whisky playing at our wedding dance. They were really good the dance floor was really busy all night with everyone dancing. Everyone commented on what great music they played and how they got everyone up dancing.