Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Scexit UK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Lets get one thing clear I never gloated on oil price drop as you say, and made it very very clear on here that this wasn't anything to do with the SNP. How you can say independence is not a current issue is totally beyond me, Orwellian double speak ?
    Re-read your post "Oil Price" of 18/12/2014, and " Oil-the denial stops now" of 18/6/2015, or "The SNP : FFA / OIL Revenue Sham Exposed At Last : The Dream Is Dead" of 25/6/2015...and then come back and tell me you were not gloating.

Sure independence is a current issue.....I didn't say it wasn't....but it wasn't a current issue until Brexit, given the 2014 referendum result......and what I actually said was Most of the "talk about independence" is us responding to unionists starting the conversation....so who is really "not letting it go"? We didn't start threads like "Referedum mark 2" on 27/7/2015, "Possible secondf referedum" on 14/9/2015 and "Swinney : Indy Gradualist Indy Approach" on 24/3/2016...and that isn't even counting all the SNP bad posts, yours and others, which usually manage to get the indy word, and often the oil one in there somewhere as well.....so who are the ones not letting it go?

I don't see why people should 'let it go' when She Who Must Be Obeyed keeps on pronouncing on the subject! It's not as though it isn't of VITAL importance to all of us, so why shouldn't we talk about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Re-read your post "Oil Price" of 18/12/2014, and " Oil-the denial stops now" of 18/6/2015, or "The SNP : FFA / OIL Revenue Sham Exposed At Last : The Dream Is Dead" of 25/6/2015...and then come back and tell me you were not gloating.

Sure independence is a current issue.....I didn't say it wasn't....but it wasn't a current issue until Brexit, given the 2014 referendum result......and what I actually said was Most of the "talk about independence" is us responding to unionists starting the conversation....so who is really "not letting it go"? We didn't start threads like "Referedum mark 2" on 27/7/2015, "Possible secondf referedum" on 14/9/2015 and "Swinney : Indy Gradualist Indy Approach" on 24/3/2016...and that isn't even counting all the SNP bad posts, yours and others, which usually manage to get the indy word, and often the oil one in there somewhere as well.....so who are the ones not letting it go?
    I did, Im not, bye bye ta ta
    Last edited by rob murray; 21-Oct-16 at 12:45.

At what point do the people of Scotland realise that the ambitions for Scotland do not match the ambitions of the rest of the UK? Why would the people of Scotland allow their country to be ruled in a way that is disagreeable?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    At what point do the people of Scotland realise that the ambitions for Scotland do not match the ambitions of the rest of the UK? Why would the people of Scotland allow their country to be ruled in a way that is disagreeable?
    That depends if folk are thinking with their head or heart, do they want the benefit of the Uk with all that goes with it including beneficial treatment with the "barnet formula" or the certainty/uncertainty of being a minority of one member against all of the EU with all the rules regulations being dished out by non-elected officials. There are numerous ways to look at your question including borders and being able to cross non EU countries to do trade with the EU states as it is not pointed out how much goes North overland at present but I suppose everything could go by shipping via Scottish ports. I personally have not the knowledge to make a decision with my head but my heart says go for it and quickly.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    That depends if folk are thinking with their head or heart, do they want the benefit of the Uk with all that goes with it including beneficial treatment with the "barnet formula" or the certainty/uncertainty of being a minority of one member against all of the EU with all the rules regulations being dished out by non-elected officials. There are numerous ways to look at your question including borders and being able to cross non EU countries to do trade with the EU states as it is not pointed out how much goes North overland at present but I suppose everything could go by shipping via Scottish ports. I personally have not the knowledge to make a decision with my head but my heart says go for it and quickly.
    Why is the Barnet formula a benefit? It sounds like Scotland is a scrounger, we are on benefits, lol.

Seriously though, as i understand it, the Barnet formula is calculated using expenditure patterns and practices per person in England, so it seems to me that it is pretty restrictve if the Scottish government want to prioritise something for the 'benefit' of the people in Scotland. For instance, if there was an increased difference due to the amount of privatisation in the health service in England then there would be a reduced Barnett Formula grant to Scotland based upon privatisation in the English NHS. That would force the Scottish government to consider extra privatisation against the wishes of the Scottish people. I say that arrangement is not in the best interests of the Scottish people and the Barnett formula is actually a hinderance rather than a benefit.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 23-Oct-16 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Why is the Barnet formula a benefit? It sounds like Scotland is a scrounger, we are on benefits, lol.

Seriously though, as i understand it, the Barnet formula is calculated using expenditure patterns and practices per person in England, so it seems to me that it is pretty restrictve if the Scottish government want to prioritise something for the 'benefit' of the people in Scotland. For instance, if there was an increased difference due to the amount of privatisation in the health service in England then there would be a reduced Barnett Formula grant to Scotland based upon privatisation in the English NHS. That would force the Scottish government to consider extra privatisation against the wishes of the Scottish people. I say that arrangement is not in the best interests of the Scottish people and the Barnett formula is actually a hinderance rather than a benefit.

Make your mind up either it is (a benefit) beneficial or not as your statement above says , if you can work out the formula you are a far more intelligent person than me but the block grant figures speak for themselves. I note the silence regarding the other points or is there no jokes to be made regarding them.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Make your mind up either it is (a benefit) beneficial or not as your statement above says , if you can work out the formula you are a far more intelligent person than me but the block grant figures speak for themselves. I note the silence regarding the other points or is there no jokes to be made regarding them.
    I don't think it is a benefit to Scotland. What benefit is there in making out Scotland to be a scrounger? Scots pay more than they receive back in the block grant anyway so why are we subsidising the rest of the UK when we can spend our money on what is best for Scotland?