Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Gig Bands Read This

greatness? not from what i've seen over the past few years.

you let me do my job the way i want to okay?

if i want to take the long way around thats no concern of anybodies apart from my own.

so if you seen the message, just do as it says. otherwise you get crap sound on the day, not my problem.

Is Mark Wright doing the sound?

qpq productions are.

And exactly what do you mean by that? Not over the past few years? Some cheek ma boy. The Caithness musos are actually getting their finger out of their arses and doing pretty good these days. I'd say they've improved a lot over the past few years.

Just seems a bit silly asking for info if not everyone visits this forum on a regular basis. Trying to save you time in the long run. That's how it went last year. All you've done is post on this thread when in reality, you could've just sent one e-mail and gotten answers. You know it makes sense... admitting it is the hard part I guess.

I'll drop an e-mail to you later. Busy the now

PS: Is it Isaac that's gonna be on the board? Or is someone in instead of him?

Talking

oh i agree the music scene is a lot bigger, but it seems to be an exclusive club for some, a lot of groups are either being ignored or pushed away, many dont even get a helping hand. the council are reluctant to even acknowledge the "muso's" (christ i hate that term)

its a constant fight for bands and groups that are stuck up here, many groups either gig down south for more exsposure. many have resources for posters cover art etc etc, but few actually share this with the younger generation, ian sinclair was very helpful with young enthusiastic groups who didnt have a clue what recording was about. but many nowadays wont touch a group unless they know whats what. you cant even play a small town gig, or garden gig without a mountain of permission slips and ass kisses. i dont see greatness, i see a constant struggle for basic rights and leisures. its not just the young generation, many of the pioneers of thurso and caithness music scene are pushed to the back.

dave is standing in for isaac. he is stratman on the org.

okaay did you think that maybe not everyone involved has an email adress.

i have things to do this week, so anyone that could send me the flipping details would be helping.

i will hunt everyone down at some point but i dont have time.

most of them use phones anyway.

i appreciate the feedback but i swear next year im going to avoid this forum like the plague.

THATS what would make my job easier.

btw cheers to the groups who sent me emails with the info and didnt question, analyze or over criticise. thats not me being bitchy just saying that some of you are too inquizitive for MY own good lol

I sure like to wind people up on here

doesnt become you

You're doing a good job lad. Don't worry... was bored during my free time today.

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    oh i agree the music scene is a lot bigger, but it seems to be an exclusive club for some, a lot of groups are either being ignored or pushed away, many dont even get a helping hand. the council are reluctant to even acknowledge the "muso's" (christ i hate that term)

its a constant fight for bands and groups that are stuck up here, many groups either gig down south for more exsposure. many have resources for posters cover art etc etc, but few actually share this with the younger generation, ian sinclair was very helpful with young enthusiastic groups who didnt have a clue what recording was about. but many nowadays wont touch a group unless they know whats what. you cant even play a small town gig, or garden gig without a mountain of permission slips and ass kisses. i dont see greatness, i see a constant struggle for basic rights and leisures. its not just the young generation, many of the pioneers of thurso and caithness music scene are pushed to the back.

i have things to do this week, so anyone that could send me the flipping details would be helping.

i appreciate the feedback but i swear next year im going to avoid this forum like the plague.

btw cheers to the groups who sent me emails with the info and didnt question, analyze or over criticise. thats not me being bitchy just saying that some of you are too inquizitive for MY own good lol
    It aint that hard to get a gig or exposure up here. The problem is younger bands expect it to happen for them, I know, I was there once.

The problem is they either dont have the confidence to go into the boozer and clubs and ask for a gig, or have the confidence to play their own stuff to the general public, and just moan that no-one appreciates them.

Another thing, since when did rock and roll need permission or respect from its "peers". It was born to rise against conformity

??

Crazy views you got there man.

The first two paragraghs are just facts of life, period.

And if anybody thinks its exclusive then your not trying hard enough, i know a fair chunk of the active musicians around caithness and i know for a fact it is not exclusive. If someones gurning because they arent getting their hand held they aint trying enough.

The location of thurso as an argument is just silly, its obvious. if someone wants to get more "exposure" for whatever reason then they go down south. theres nowt we can do about that!

And on another note, ass kissing is standard practice for getting anything worth nowadays, unless you are VERY good at what you do.

I heard about isaacs man dave, if isaac says he can do it thats good enough for me. im looking forward to seeing the pa this year!

(trying to remain as neutral as possible) - Did you say that you were organising the Big Gig next year?

I would have thought that would have been decided after this yeaers gig, to guage performance and stuff?

surely keeping the same organiser year in year out is in effect keeping the scene an exclusive one?

P.s. what is the position on amps and drumkits? are they gettin supplied? cos that will affect channel lists significantly.

yadda yadda yadda, facts of life, useless philosphy, opinions left right and centre.

dont care.

give me your details if you want before i hunt you down, otherwise get crap sound.

hey that ryhmes.

yadda yadda yadda, facts of life, useless philosphy, opinions left right and centre.

dont care.

give me your details if you want before i hunt you down, otherwise get crap sound.

hey that ryhmes.
    Quit your JibberJabber young fool!

Angry

this young fool is organisng the bloody thing, this young fool works night and day on the project, putting up with complaints left right and centre. your constant moaning whining, on and on, this young fool is doing the best he flipping can, this young fool is constantly working on it even though he has health issues, this young fool has done all this work and isnt even getting PAID, this young bloody fool is at the end of his tether with wind up merchants philosphy spouting folk and judgementalists, this young fool is really, really, really about to blow his top. and believe me i had to seriously tone down my language in fear of being banned. young fool indeed.

JUST SEND ME THE FRICKEN DETAILS IS THAT SO FLIPPING HARD.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this young fool is organisng the bloody thing, this young fool works night and day on the project, putting up with complaints left right and centre. your constant moaning whining, on and on, this young fool is doing the best he flipping can, this young fool is constantly working on it even though he has health issues, this young fool has done all this work and isnt even getting PAID, this young bloody fool is at the end of his tether with wind up merchants philosphy spouting folk and judgementalists, this young fool is really, really, really about to blow his top. and believe me i had to seriously tone down my language in fear of being banned. young fool indeed.

JUST SEND ME THE FRICKEN DETAILS IS THAT SO FLIPPING HARD.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMSL !

What a quality rant!

Your on a discussion forum, what the hell do you expect?

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full, yeah right!

Oh, and im sure you already have nearly everyone's details that have posted on this thread.

Get Some Nuts!

just incase any of my fellow band members are wondering, I have sent details in for both Duress & Empty Fortune.

K Dragon, You need to work on your people skills. If you're so stressed out about all this then Y-Not create a small group/ committe to help organise it? Hey it'd be a bit like like 'The Apprentice' but we'll call it 'The Roadie'. One by one as things get sorted you can fire someone each week! It'll be fun!

people skills eh? depends what kind of people you work with.

for the last time, there is no comitee because there wasnt going to be a big gig II

the council frown upon it, i took the job up. and now im severely regretting it, yes this is a discussion fat mac, oops i mean big mac but its my only way of posting announcements. in fact screw it.

i shall no longer post announcements if this is the hassle i get.

you wanna know stuff, then pm me. dont see why i should ge running round after you lot anyway, its your gig not mine, you get crap sound on the day tough, you dont know when your on too bad.

10 charactors or sumint!
    Last edited by the_big_mac; 04-May-07 at 17:05. Reason: forum knackered, see post below

people skills eh? depends what kind of people you work with.

for the last time, there is no comitee because there wasnt going to be a big gig II

the council frown upon it, i took the job up. and now im severely regretting it, yes this is a discussion fat mac, oops i mean big mac but its my only way of posting announcements. in fact screw it.

i shall no longer post announcements if this is the hassle i get.

you wanna know stuff, then pm me. dont see why i should ge running round after you lot anyway, its your gig not mine, you get crap sound on the day tough, you dont know when your on too bad.
    Oooo resorting to personal insults again. Sore one. I might throw a wee temper tantrum and threaten to never return to the forums again, oooo how i'll sadly be missed .

Why did you take the job on if you knew it was gonna be to big for you?

Dude, Dont forget why this gig is being put on. TO RAISE MONEY FOR TTIA.

Crap Sound = Crap Turnout = Little or no money for the cause. If you really dont care about the event, pass the torch onto someone with the know-how and experience of putting on these events who does care.

Plenty of people on the forum and outwith the forum are trying to help you with lending of equipment, use of land, services for sound, advice and all for FREE so I suspect theyd be looking for a good turnout after their generous efforts.

People on this forum who do know who you are will be happy to help you out, but others may find you unapproachable judging by the tone of your stressed out posts.

If this event does affect your health badly, its common sense to enlist the help of others.

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    oooo how i'll sadly be missed .
    I Wont miss u, I have to share a flipping tent wi u at download!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast