Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Cuts : Scotland : fight the UK government's proposed cuts and the cuts to Scotland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The first minister is doing a quick visit to The U.S. To launch a fund raising appeal for the restoration of Glasgow school of art. America is likely to be an important contributor to the fund raising. Do you not think that's her job either? That's an important role for our first minister. The restoration of one of the finest historical buildings in Glasgow is important and I'm sure there would be criticism from people if she didn't do that.
    Last edited by squidge; 09-Jun-15 at 08:02.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    The first minister is doing a quick visit to The U.S. To launch a fund raising appeal for the restoration of Glasgow school of art. America is likely to be an important contributor to the fund raising. Do you not think that's her job either? That's an important role for our first minister. The restoration of one of the finest historical buildings in Glasgow is important and I'm sure there would be criticism from people if she didn't do that.
    The former first minister also went to the USA to promote Scotland at the Ryder Cup, his expenses were over £500K hope this first minister is cheaper, although I very much doubt it.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Interesting that you fail to mention her visit to the IMF and speech at the World Bank as also being part of her visit,organisations she has no real reason to visit as they are both under the remit of UK Govt.