Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who's going firewalking in Thurso? / Stalls available / SSPCA - help prevent cruelty

Default Firewalker

Hi there, Just to let you know that I am doing the Firewalk Tonight. Should be a great event, I am looking forward to the challenge

Default Firewalk

Hi everyone, its almost here. I am doing the Firewalk on behalf of my partner who has been going through treatment for breast cancer and her ongoligist wouldnt allow her to do it just yet. I am sure it will be great fun I think ....... I wonder who volunteered me to do this !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by attidude9464 View Post
    I wonder who volunteered me to do this !!!!!!
    I'm begining to wonder how I have actually ended up walking. Mmmm
    Supposed to be brilliant if the Inverness night is anything to go by. See you all tonight.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today, because if you like'd it today you can do it again tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by attidude9464 View Post
    Hi there, Just to let you know that I am doing the Firewalk Tonight. Should be a great event, I am looking forward to the challenge

Just to let everyone know Ive now been in touch with attidude9464 and have made arrangements for him to receive the £20 sponsor money for the SSPCA.
    Good Luck to everyone taking part tonight.

what time does the actual fire walk start!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Just thought I'd say well done to all those who took part tonight. I was surprised by how many were actually firewalking and that most did it more than once!! OUCH!!

Big pat on the back to all of you and hope your feet recover soon!!

Thanks to everyone who helped our cause tonight we raised an extra £61 for club funds and thanks to the SSPCA for organising it
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Just got back from doing the fire walk, great fun, well organised, good to know lots has been raised for the Scottish SPCA.

Just got a mild tingling sensation on my toes and sooty feet, and it was blinkin' freezing stood on that muddy, snowy grass with nothing on your feet!

Going have a nice hot soak in the bath now!

Unhappy

That was amazing !!! My feet were freezing,bet nobody expected that. Well done everyone,what we going to do next ?

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    That was amazing !!! My feet were freezing,bet nobody expected that. Well done everyone,what we going to do next ?
    Any suggestions but please wait till next year it takes a lot of organising - are there any more first we can bring to Caithness. "answers in a sealed envelope"

Tonight Caithness has been put on the Fire Walking map as the most northernly Fire Walk ever held in the UK by Survivorbility in conjunction with the Scottish SPCA. It was a brilliant sucess
    We would like to say a big thank you to all the Fire walkers who braved the freezing cold & very hot temperatures all in the space of minutes. Also to everyone who sponsored them in addition to the organisations who sponsored the event.
    Special thanks to the Caithness Line Dancers for their excellent display and Caithness FM for some great music -especially the songs mentioning "Fire"
    Our grateful thanks go to the organistions that took tables & those who made the event possible
    Finally to all those people who braved the elements to support the Fire Walkers and the event.
    We will let you all know how much has been raised asap.
    I'm now away to try to clean the gutters off my feet - no blisters though
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today, because if you like'd it today you can do it again tomorrow

What a wonderful experience the fire walking was, am fair proud of myself, and so should everyone else who did it , got a couple of small blisters, but hey it was worth the 3 times i walked...
    Live for today as u never no what tomorrow will bring..

Well done all you firewalkers Your poor feet, one extreme to the other in seconds. I took a wee video of you all and will upload it to the pc tomorrow.
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Thumbs up Firewalking

The firewalk was amazing and so glad to have done it and i can now happily say that's something i'm glad to have achieved. Feet are a tad bit raw with a few bits looking like splinters or burnt blisters!! Well worth it though.

What's next? Glass-walking?

any pics of the event?

Not as yet but check out www.survivorbility.com from Monday and a few will be put on there i think.

Congratulations and well done to all the firewalkers. Im sure you will have raised a lot for a very worthy cause.

Default Firewalk

The Firewalk was brill. Glad that I have done it and helped raise lots of money for the Scottish SPCA. Well organised event, Great night and it was good to see so many people involved in this First Time in Caithness Event. Thanks to everyone who sponsored me and all the other firewalkers and to all those people who braved the cold weather to support us.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingtaz13 View Post
    What's next? Glass-walking?
    You tell us what you want - we will see what we can do

Thumbs up

Well done to everyone who took part!

Afraid I couldn't but I did sponsor someone.

It is so good that people enjoyed themselves and raised money for a worthy cause at the same time.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast