Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrappy

Default Scrappy

Anyone know of any local scrappies, I am in need of one..pm me please.

pm'd you...............

Thank you Wavy Davy, greatly appreciated,

And meanwhile, everyone else in Caithness remains in the dark as to the proximity of any licenced scrap merchants. We can only assume that shady deals involving roofing lead and Network Rail signalling cables are going on behind closed doors!

When do they open?

A scrappy? or do you mean the individuals illegally breaking cars by the truckload?? Just have to look on the Facebook selling pages and the usual suspects have multiple accounts and boat loads of parts for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    A scrappy? or do you mean the individuals illegally breaking cars by the truckload?? Just have to look on the Facebook selling pages and the usual suspects have multiple accounts and boat loads of parts for sale
    No, I don't mean those mentioned in your post, I asked a civil question and hoped some local people might point me in the direction of local people who deal with that sort of thing.

Are you going to enlighten us Morleigh and wavy davy, or is the whereabouts of the scrappy a sordid secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Morleigh View Post
    No, I don't mean those mentioned in your post, I asked a civil question and hoped some local people might point me in the direction of local people who deal with that sort of thing.

Well you could have been more specific with your civil question with regards to whether or not you require used vehicle parts or want to sell scrap metal. All you're going to get round here are scrap metal dealers, the nearest official vehile breakers are further south. if you want an old banger lifted, it will cost you, no-one round here buys scrap cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Morleigh View Post
    Ignore them Morleigh. I knew what you meant and now you know where to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Well you could have been more specific with your civil question with regards to whether or not you require used vehicle parts or want to sell scrap metal. All you're going to get round here are scrap metal dealers, the nearest official vehile breakers are further south. if you want an old banger lifted, it will cost you, no-one round here buys scrap cars.
    2+2=5 Shaggy, provocation not your strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by wavy davy View Post
    Ignore them Morleigh. I knew what you meant and now you know where to find one.
    Yes indeed, and I do thank you.

Meanwhile, the rest of us remain unenlightened.

Can someone please provide details of a local scrappy before my garden starts to look more like a scrappy than the real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    Meanwhile, the rest of us remain unenlightened.

Can someone please provide details of a local scrappy before my garden starts to look more like a scrappy than the real thing?
    Have you tried Googling scrap merchants Or are you just trying to provoke a response?

A wee google came up with these scappy's in case you dont know how to use it

http://www.obrienrecycling.co.uk/

https://www.speedywastemanagement.scot/

I was looking for personal recommendations or places to avoid like the plague.

Anyway, thanks for your post. I wasn’t aware of the place in Ulbster. Well, I was aware of it, but didn’t know where it was - if that makes any sense!

Quote Originally Posted by little miss breezy breeks View Post
    Have you tried Googling scrap merchants Or are you just trying to provoke a response?

A wee google came up with these scappy's in case you dont know how to use it

No I didn't, but thank you for the links I shall check them out

So I can see if its worth bring some over, what are their current prices for;

*Bright copper
    *Lead acid batteries
    *Heavy steel

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    So I can see if its worth bring some over, what are their current prices for;

*Bright copper
    *Lead acid batteries
    *Heavy steel
    Rather than asking on here wouldn't it make more sense to email or even lift the phone and ask them direct?

Tried both of them at this time of night - No answer.

Conversely, shouldn't the OP not just have done the same? After googling them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast