Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: "druggies"

The forum believes cannabis should be taxed and highly regulated to help reduce availability and harm.
    Eh? Reduce it's availibity and tax it and the junkies will just go and get it somewhere else...

Just what were the "Forum" smoking when they dreamt this one up?

Recommendations include the setting up of "consumption rooms" where addicts would be able to take drugs safely, and for heroin to be prescribed to users.
    Consumption room? Hmmm, reminds me of the old opium dens in China - definitely think the think tank were smoking something...

Hey, why not legalise prostitution? It 'works' on the continent and would reduce the risk that prossies run by plying their trade on unlit street. Reduce the risks of STD amongst those who need to use the services of a streetwalker!!

Back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict View Post
    Hey, why not legalise prostitution? It 'works' on the continent and would reduce the risk that prossies run by plying their trade on unlit street. Reduce the risks of STD amongst those who need to use the services of a streetwalker!!

Back to square one.
    MP, I think that's back to No. 1 (i.e. you) if you're worried about an STD and not about (a) getting beaten up by your pimp, (2) your next fix. We go off-topic methinks.

Yeah, and while we're at it why not make 'life' imprisonment mean life without parole (like they do in Massachusetts with Entwhistle).. nah, too far off thread, the liberals wouldn't wear it..

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post

noone is ever goin till agree...

ivryine hes their own personal experience regardin 'e matter, whether they hev taken 'e droogs themsels or witness/ed people that do or hev done.

obviously some people contributin til this thread hes witnessed some nasty experienses and have seen nothing but negitivity regardin the recreational use of cannabis...

venture, by yer own admitance ye have witnessed some lives goin terribly wrong after the use of cannabis, and golach....i feel for the family of the officer yer spoke aboot

however, ma point is that the majority of cannabis users (world wide) are canny respectable people who do not crave the drug to the extent that they would beg, borrow or steal, they only enjoy it as part of their social circle and life style.

perhaps these people who go 'off the track' after using cannabis is vulnerable to the extent that a berievement or a divorce, unhappy childhood, genetics? ....would infact also induce these feelings of depression, causing them to 'go off the track'

i just feel that the people iv known to smoke cannabis are guid citizons who like to mellow out to some guid music at nite and its a shame that they have to suffer (sneak about and break the law) to obtain their 'bit' so they can relax with chosen like minded individuals, or alone, and be seriously persecuted for this.

i do understand its against the law, and i do understand the reasons why (i also would advise teenagers against the partaking of any drugs) but i also would think that you would be able to respect the individual who chooses this (quiet) lifestyle and not to disrespect/persecute them for their choises.

i am not a judgemental person...

please do not 'flog me' i come in peace with my opinion only
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

The Netherlands are supposed to be the be all and end all of the cannabis culture in Europe ........not any longer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2946460.stm
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

i do understand its against the law, and i do understand the reasons why (i also would advise teenagers against the partaking of any drugs) but i also would think that you would be able to respect the individual who chooses this (quiet) lifestyle and not to disrespect/persecute them for their choises.

i am not a judgemental person...

please do not 'flog me' i come in peace with my opinion only
    Yep, lets just respect the fact that someone wants to disregard the law - why not?

Shall we make a list of laws that it seems okay to flout? If its okay to flout the law and abuse drugs what other laws is it socially acceptable to break?

With an attitude like this is it any wonder we have as much crime in society as we do.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject - Winston Spencer Churchill

golach....yer link is dated thursday 29th may 2003....

it says it wil come intil effect next january....

'iss is 2008 an its never come intil effect yet.....

yoda....'no wonder there is so much crime'?? get over yersel....

i hev no desire til argue wi ye
    Blessed Be...

golach....yer link is dated thursday 29th may 2003....

it says it wil come intil effect next january....

'iss is 2008 an its never come intil effect yet.....

yoda....'no wonder there is so much crime'?? get over yersel....

i hev no desire til argue wi ye
    Trix it came into effect yesterday, the 1st of July 2008

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...5OPbHQ72VXdmsg
    Last edited by golach; 02-Jul-08 at 09:57.

iv choost read in 'e paper that....

smokers in amsterdam cannot light a cigarette in coffee shops but 100% cannabis spliffs are ok!!

source - daily star....
    Blessed Be...

ha ha ha ha.............

You break the law, you thereby commit a crime?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject - Winston Spencer Churchill

iv choost read in 'e paper that....

smokers in amsterdam cannot light a cigarette in coffee shops but 100% cannabis spliffs are ok!!

source - daily star....
    The reputable source of breaking news!

it also says so in golachs link.....
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda the flump View Post
    ha ha ha ha.............

You break the law, you thereby commit a crime?
    Yoda exactly,
    Drive a car while under the influence.......a crime
    Beat up your wife............a crime
    Commit a theft...............a crime
    Commit Murder...............a crime
    Taking Illegal substances sic Cannabis...............a crime
    they are all crimes in my eyes

(quote)The notorious Dutch "coffee shop" faces a unique conundrum under the ban: its patrons can still light up their cannabis joints but no longer if blended with tobacco.

As The Netherlands follows the example of other European Union members in curbing smoking for public health reasons, it finds itself in a singular position as the only one to allow, since 1976, marijuana use in licensed cafes.

The smoking law does not prohibit cannabis use in coffee shops, but owners are having to come up with new strategies to stay afloat in a country where users traditionally prefer their dope mixed with tobacco.

(quote http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...5OPbHQ72VXdmsg)

Drive a car while under the influence.......a crime (which can result in harming others)
    Beat up your wife............a crime (which is harming others)
    Commit a theft...............a crime (harming others albeit in the pocket department)
    Commit Murder...............a crime ( definatley harming others)
    Taking Illegal substances sic Cannabis...............a crime ( harming no-one but ,possibly, yourself )

They may all be crimes but there is a huge difference.
    Last edited by mrs_algaliarept; 02-Jul-08 at 10:20. Reason: adding information

wur no arguin 'e fact that smokin cannabis is against 'e law golach....

i think we are all aware of that fact....

the only crime bein committed by smokers is the fact that they are in possession of cannabis....

what they do when under the influence is the focus here....
    Blessed Be...

wur no arguin 'e fact that smokin cannabis is against 'e law golach....

i think we are all aware of that fact....

the only crime bein committed by smokers is the fact that they are in possession of cannabis....

what they do when under the influence is the focus here....
    Does it mention in your Daily Star about the two Thurso druggies, jailed yesterday for robbing the Co-op, druggies dont commit crimes, well these two are in jail now.

Thumbs down

As far as I am aware, these two took stronger drugs and plenty alcohol. You can hardly blame there antics on Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Does it mention in your Daily Star about the two Thurso druggies, jailed yesterday for robbing the Co-op, druggies dont commit crimes, well these two are in jail now.
    bet they werna smokin cannabis at 'e time....

if they were they choost widna be bothered
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_algaliarept View Post
    (quote).
    Drive a car while under the influence.......a crime (which can result in harming others)
    Beat up your wife............a crime (which is harming others)
    Commit a theft...............a crime (harming others albeit in the pocket department)
    Commit Murder...............a crime ( definatley harming others)
    Taking Illegal substances sic Cannabis...............a crime ( harming no-one but ,possibly, yourself )

They may all be crimes but there is a huge difference.
    Driving under the influence of what?

You take cannabis and decide to go for a drive.........

You can fill in the rest, its a mind altering drug so no better than alcohol.

So no harm there then.

bet they werna smokin cannabis at 'e time....

if they were they choost widna be bothered
    Better they were taking nothing. Probably started smoking cannabis and then onto hard drugs. Sorry started on alcohol and tobacco and then cannabis.

Should ban the whole lot.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast