Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Astronot - Album Launch Party

Default Astronot - Album Launch Party

Hey folks, we're having a wee shindig in Skins to celebrate our new album "Renaissance". Hope to see a few of you there.

We're also supporting Hayseed Dixie in the Waterfront, Wick on the 22nd March.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Astronot; 10-Mar-08 at 14:17. Reason: Spelling

bloody hell, you recorded that album quick. mark must be a good pusher.

cant wait to hear it.

Well done guys!

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    bloody hell, you recorded that album quick. mark must be a good pusher.

cant wait to hear it.
    Aye biy. No point in hanging around. Just get the stuff out.

Thurso - and the Fantasy City of Darkhaven...

Hi guys,

Congrats on the speedy recording!!

I was wondering if you have any pre-release copies for sale, as I am set to go back offshore to work on the thursday before your bloomin launch party!! GRRR

If the EP and demo are anything to go by, it should be a corker!!!

The very best of luck

James

ps

What time of night are you onstage before Hayseed???
    Last edited by JamesMcVean; 16-Mar-08 at 23:06. Reason: Extra comments/questions

Hi James, We've not got the final master yet (should be here this week). I'll try popping one down to you at some point before you go off.

Ah yes... Hayseed Dixie gig... erm, pass. We've not got a scooby doo when we're on. Hopefully find out this week. I'll put a post up when we know.

As I said before,aw the best,I hope ye prove me wrong.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Cheers... but what are we proving you wrong about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Cheers... but what are we proving you wrong about?
    Music,Jeid.Astronot are a good band.But folk will either love ye or hate ye.Thats what a love about music,there's no inbetweens.So go on prove me wrong.Ye know what,I hope I'm wrong.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Ach... We're no bothered about love or hate. I'm sure we've got people on both sides of the coin.

Cheers again though Cedric, much appreciated. Sure it'll be a good night

Thurso - and the Fantasy City of Darkhaven...

Jeid

I would certainly appreciate that! and a heads up on the Hayseed gig as and when...lol

Cedric...I have been touting Astronot to my mates offshore and in a recent newspaper interview in the Orcadian...So lads, try and get a gig in Fusion in Kirkwall...they like their Metal/Rock over the water!!! I think it is only a matter of time till the lads break into the big time...

Also

Dont know if you have heard them, but I have discovered a couple of superb bands lately....Seether ---- a Nirvanaesque/Metallicaesque band...
    and RISE AGAINST - A brilliant antiestablisment punk band with some great tracks!

Cheers

James

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcVean View Post
    Dont know if you have heard them, but I have discovered a couple of superb bands lately....
    I don't know what to say to this. You didn't discover any of these bands, they're both relatively mainstream and both a bit meh.

Anyway...promoting the band in the islands seems like a good shout, go for it lads!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcVean View Post
    Jeid

I would certainly appreciate that! and a heads up on the Hayseed gig as and when...lol

Cedric...I have been touting Astronot to my mates offshore and in a recent newspaper interview in the Orcadian...So lads, try and get a gig in Fusion in Kirkwall...they like their Metal/Rock over the water!!! I think it is only a matter of time till the lads break into the big time...

Also

Dont know if you have heard them, but I have discovered a couple of superb bands lately....Seether ---- a Nirvanaesque/Metallicaesque band...
    and RISE AGAINST - A brilliant antiestablisment punk band with some great tracks!

Cheers

James
    No worries James, I'll get that sorted out and down to you. I'll see if I can get some info about the Wick Gig as well.

I've got all the Rise Against albums... a great band. I've got the Seether album, and it's got a few good songs on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blast! View Post
    I don't know what to say to this. You didn't discover any of these bands, they're both relatively mainstream and both a bit meh.

Anyway...promoting the band in the islands seems like a good shout, go for it lads!
    I don't think he meant "I discovered this band.." Blast! I think he meant he found a band that I might not have heard of and was sharing the excitement of music. I'm a big Rise Against fan... I believe Stevie is as well.

Orkney would be awesome... I shall look into that.

Yeah I think Jeid is right there Blast! - James is obviously referring to the fact that he has heard them for the first time recently.

Anyhoo... Rise Against... I've only heard a couple of tracks of theirs, one being Prayer of the Refugee and the other being Swing Life Away - totally different songs but not bad at all...

Were Seether the band that did the track with Amy Lee?!

P.S. if you lads can get a gig over the water, go for it. As James says - they're well into their rock music over there.
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Yeah I think Jeid is right there Blast! - James is obviously referring to the fact that he has heard them for the first time recently.

Anyhoo... Rise Against... I've only heard a couple of tracks of theirs, one being Prayer of the Refugee and the other being Swing Life Away - totally different songs but not bad at all...

Were Seether the band that did the track with Amy Lee?!

P.S. if you lads can get a gig over the water, go for it. As James says - they're well into their rock music over there.
    Hello mate, Yes Seether did do a song with Amy Lee, it was called "Broken".
    I have all their albums, including the early stuff when they were called "Saron Gas" and its safe to say they have about 3 good songs.

Also, they immensly enjoy covering Nirvana songs, think they have covered about 5 or so thus far and it gets rather annoying.

Back on topic, roll on the 29th march for Astronot gig, should be a good night!

Astronot in Orkney, would be a good trip that eh!! stay n get blootered the night afterwards!!

Forgive me if my priorities are skewed. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Astronot in Orkney, would be a good trip that eh!! stay n get blootered the night afterwards!!

Forgive me if my priorities are skewed. . . .
    Yes Kev, for a tech, your priorities are a bit skewed. Mind you... as you long as you keep looking after Stevie, I have no problem with it.

If it wasn't for BigKev... who knows what would've happened to Stevie that night, he'd maybe have made it home sober

Going to look into playing Orkney for sure

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    Back on topic, roll on the 29th march for Astronot gig, should be a good night!
    Cheers for that Logan... good to see bands supporting other bands

I think we're going to be playing together in May

You gonna get your lobes stretched further especially for the occasion, guitar hero?
    Last edited by Boozeburglar; 18-Mar-08 at 12:59.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast