Goodfellers, it appears it is you who does not understand democracy (or is it that you do not wish to acknowledge the truth). I'll try again for you. Gaining the most seats at an election gives a party the right to form a government. If the party who won the election promises, during the campaign, to hold a referendum then they have the right to do so. The SG are trying to do what the people of Scotland asked them to do. So your assertion that seats won is irrelevant in a referendum is completely wrong. The seats won give the winning party the right to hold a referendum if that's what they promised to do. If the SNP/Greens hadn't won a majority of seats their call for a referendum would have no legitimacy. However, they did win a majority of seats and that gives them the right to enact the policies the electorate voted for. In other words there is a direct relationship between seats won and a (subsequent) referendum. I'm sorry if you cannot see that but it is quite plainly and simply a fact.

You bet I'm a sore loser. I'm on the side that won the election but the side who lost it continue to dictate the agenda. That is not democracy.

I appreciate that you don't want to continue the discussion. Most unionists adopt that stance when the folly of their arguments has been displayed before them.