Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Tofu Bacon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I think i have already covered this. Tofu bacon is food, if you enjoy it then eat it. It really is as simple as that. And as it comes with no cruelty footprint then it will taste all the more satisfying. People see bacon as a dealbreaker with going vegan. Tofu bacon tastes just like bacon so there are alternatives.
    Yes I get that you like bacon flavored tofu
    What I dont get is why someone who is against meat products would want to eat something that is artificially flavored to taste like meat, it makes no sense.
    Bacon wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, can take it or leave it.
    A nice roast pork though, mmmmm

Do you take the same care with all other aspects in your life, like clothing, furniture household products?
    Or is it just the food you have issue with?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Yes I get that you like bacon flavored tofu
    What I dont get is why someone who is against meat products would want to eat something that is artificially flavored to taste like meat, it makes no sense.
    Bacon wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, can take it or leave it.
    A nice roast pork though, mmmmm

Do you take the same care with all other aspects in your life, like clothing, furniture household products?
    Or is it just the food you have issue with?
    I think the need for products that taste like meat but are made from plants is pretty explanatory. You yourself have said that bacon tastes good, I think bacon tastes good. but why would i want pigs to be kept in appalling conditions and then killed? It doesn't make sense to me, I want to be kind to animals. And i do not want to pay anyone to be cruel to animals either.

I think we should take the ethically rewarding route if alternatives exist.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.