Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SNP MP's

Default SNP MP's

Any SNP MP's who are elected to Westminster are not going down there to settle in, they're going down to settle up.

Erm? Come again?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Bar tab?

I had drifted away from this forum due to the blatant (and boring) trolling from Piratelassie. Here we go again, more utter tosh from the Pirate Soapbox. Yawn!!!

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    Any SNP MP's who are elected to Westminster are not going down there to settle in, they're going down to settle up.
    Now that's the sort of rhetoric that shows the less savoury underbelly of Nationalism.

One would then ask once you've finished settling up with Westminster would those who voted No be next on the list to be settled up with.

That sort of comment would no doubt be frowned upon by Nicola Sturgeon and any right minded politician.

You do your cause no favours.

I'd also add I thought Nicola Sturgeon presented her case very well last night so seeing your remark dismays me.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Now that's the sort of rhetoric that shows the less savoury underbelly of Nationalism.

One would then ask once you've finished settling up with Westminster would those who voted No be next on the list to be settled up with.

That sort of comment would no doubt be frowned upon by Nicola Sturgeon and any right minded politician.

I'd also add I thought Nicola Sturgeon presented her case very well last night so seeing your remark dismays me.
    Probably the one & only time I'll ever actually agree with you.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Do you know this would add cost to Scotland every time they would make a trip down, plus the cost of the Holyrood.

They will be down there, with their wives and relations, getting paid, by Westminster, as all the previous Snp MP's have done for the last five years and more
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

lol lol @ fit chnace has Alexi of gettig in ? WHat a laugh if the fat man fell flat on his face and didnt get his seat eh

Time you lot opened your eyes..piratelassie you need to grow up..life is not about one liners..the true intent of which is as of yet unknown.

I'm fed up of Scotland being Westminster's cash cow.

How do you work that out, 53 million in England and 5 million in Scotland. I know people say more are paid per population then south, but still would not be as much tax collected then south, so Scotland get's good deal. Remember Holyrood south get's nothing from that.
    Last edited by Scout; 04-Apr-15 at 08:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    piratelassie you need to grow up..life is not about one liners..the true intent of which is as of yet unknown.
    She disobeyed you!

Whilst I do agree with you, we have to accept that political commentary irresponsibility works both ways. Today we have a UK broadsheet with headlines referring to Nicola Sturgeon as 'The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain'.

So it is a matter of scale. Piratelassie put a crass post on an anonymous message forum where only a limited number of people will view it but this newspaper will be read by millions.

Not often I agree with you rheg but I would much prefer that the parties each produced a manifesto that was in some way binding and the statistics for the economy, population, nhs where produced somewhere where the public could easily disseminate the information and weigh and consider the pros and cons of each party.
    As opposed to the current media led scrum which is entirely based upon maximising sales or pumping up viewing figures.

I found today's Sky news lead almost amusing but somewhat perturbing with the claim Nicola Sturgeon secretly wants the David Cameron to win.
    Initially it seems comical to make such a claim but there would be no better party to win for the SNP as it would just add more fuel to their already well burning fire of anti Westminster rhetoric.
    If labour win and there is even an ad hoc agreement with the SNP then it would be a lot harder for them to distance themselves from anything the public dislikes happening in the next five years.
    So a Conservative majority in England and an SNP majority in Scotland would suit them and allow the further blame games to continue.
    Neither is really a suitable solution for the running of a country.

Not often I agree with you rheg but I would much prefer that the parties each produced a manifesto that was in some way binding and the statistics for the economy, population, nhs where produced somewhere where the public could easily disseminate the information and weigh and consider the pros and cons of each party.
    As opposed to the current media led scrum which is entirely based upon maximising sales or pumping up viewing figures.

I found today's Sky news lead almost amusing but somewhat perturbing with the claim Nicola Sturgeon secretly wants the David Cameron to win.

Initially it seems comical to make such a claim but there would be no better party to win for the SNP as it would just add more fuel to their already well burning fire of anti Westminster rhetoric.
    If labour win and there is even an ad hoc agreement with the SNP then it would be a lot harder for them to distance themselves from anything the public dislikes happening in the next five years.
    So a Conservative majority in England and an SNP majority in Scotland would suit them and allow the further blame games to continue.
    Neither is really a suitable solution for the running of a country.
    And it is a claim that has been thoroughly discredited. Who wrote the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    And it is a claim that has been thoroughly discredited. Who wrote the memo?
    It's a claim that has been rigourously denied but as of yet not thoroughly discredited.
    Allegedly it's been written by a civil servant somewhere.

It wouldn't be the first time an MP has said something they didn't think would become public domain.

The standard form on this type of embarrassment is to deny, deny, deny until the evidence appears then they become objects of public derision.

That statement would apply to all parties.

It's a claim that has been rigourously denied but as of yet not thoroughly discredited.
    Allegedly it's been written by a civil servant somewhere.

It wouldn't be the first time an MP has said something they didn't think would become public domain.

The standard form on this type of embarrassment is to deny, deny, deny until the evidence appears then they become objects of public derision.

That statement would apply to all parties.
    There's been an enquiry set up into who leaked it, and, I hope, into who wrote it..but it appears to have been someone in the Scottish Office....quelle surprise! To be fair, that somebody in the Scottish Office didn't quite believe it either.as in the part of the quote I have bolded..

It started .......Just had a telephone conversation with Pierre-Alain Coffinier (PAC), the French CG. He was keen to fill me in on some of the conversations his Ambassador had during her visit to Scotland last week. All of this was given on a confidential basis, so please limit any onward circulation. So I'm pleased to see that the circulation was limited, thanks to the Unionist MSM, to the whole population of the UK stupid enough to buy newspapers and pay TV licences.

It ended with the only remark on what was allegedly said and which has been expanded and reported ad nauseam........The Ambassador also had a truncated meeting with the FM (FM running late after a busy Thursday…). Discussion appears to have focused mainly on the political situation, with the FM stating that she wouldn’t want a formal coalition with Labour; that the SNP would almost certainly have a large number of seats; that she had no idea ‘what kind of mischief’ Alex Salmond would get up to; and confessed that she’d rather see David Cameron remain as PM (and didn’t see Ed Miliband as PM material). I have to admit that I’m not sure that the FM’s tongue would be quite so loose on that kind of thing in a meeting like that, so it might well be a case of something being lost in translation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...geon-memo.html

It would be nice to see what the inquiry comes up with and there's nothing new with stuff being leaked.

Only issue I have is the conversation is reported to have been in English so I'm not so sure you can claim something was lost in translation.

I'd thoroughly agree Ed Milliband doesn't look like prime minister material and reality is David Cameron being prime minister would do the SNPs cause more good than harm long term.

It's not so hard to believe certainly not worth all the kerfuffle and waste of tax payers money now to be spent on finding out who said what.

It is an accepted fact that per. capita. we pay more into the coffers than what is given back in the Barnett formula, and this has been the case for the last 34 yrs repetively.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast