Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How Much More Damage To This Country (Scotland) Can The SNP Do?

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    And by the way, if you don't want people to comment -don't post in a public forum.
    Little wonder the geezer didnt want any comments, well tough.........fancy going back to the land of milk and honey....???

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Seems someone doesn't realise that sort of language they abuse their own flag ! Let's not forget what the blue represents and where it directly comes from. Shows the feeble mindset of some when that's their best form of debate.
    Good point, theres blue in the union jack.........

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Little wonder the geezer didnt want any comments, well tough.........fancy going back to the land of milk and honey....???
    I used to live in the "land of milk and honey" although that's not quite how I would describe the Medway Towns to be honest !

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Maybe someone should launch a UK petition to the Govt that requests that any future referendum instigated by the SNP is followed up by a second one just to make sure that we haven't changed our mind before being pushed across the line of no return. If it's fair that the SNP is allowed to call a second referendum then surely it's fair we are allowed another as a check and balance.

Maybe someone should launch a UK petition to the Govt that requests that any future referendum instigated by the SNP is followed up by a second one just to make sure that we haven't changed our mind before being pushed across the line of no return. If it's fair that the SNP is allowed to call a second referendum then surely it's fair we are allowed another as a check and balance.
    I quite agree with that, no matter how many referendums they have, they will not be at all happy until the vote is yes. Which is fine for them, but when it all goes pear shaped, it is not going to be so easy to rejoin the Union, in fact I can see the rest of the UK telling Scotland where to go if they tried that.

Did you see this ? The point of publishing it now is beyond me, apart from the fact he obviously misses the limelight - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/pol...dence-1.900387
    Last edited by cptdodger; 16-Sep-15 at 15:55.

I quite agree with that, no matter how many referendums they have, they will not be at all happy until the vote is yes. Which is fine for them, but when it all goes pear shaped, it is not going to be so easy to rejoin the Union, in fact I can see the rest of the UK telling Scotland where to go if they tried that.
    If its ever a yes vote then thats that, as we would need currency / central banking, EU membership / disentangling from UK government departments etc etc....face it England would benefit from Scotland going off.......lower wages / light welfare down there, will attract and create more jobs in England...why would an employer want to come to Scotland and pay higher wages / possibly more tax....if Scotland ever went we would face a race to the bottom as both countries will compete for new work and someone has to lose out.

Did you see this ? The point of publishing it now is beyond me, apart from the fact he obviously misses the limelight - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/pol...dence-1.900387
    AYe saw it see this bittie here.... “Our friends in Europe should understand with total clarity that Scotland’s future lies as a fully-engaged participant in the European Union.“Our path is towards inclusion and co-operation, not isolation. “But those matters are for another day....those matters ...what matters....the fact that we would at the time of his speech not be in the EU....and a matter for another day.....just shows he was making it all up as he went along....

there will be another referendum within the next 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    Fa telt ye at Mr Cannop ?

Yes well that's he might of said had his wee dream come true but below is the reality of Alex Salmond after the referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    they reckon the EU referendum will be in 2017 so I guess you are probably correct.

Unless of course Scotland votes to leave the EU then the SNP are up the creek without a paddle.

Unless of course Scotland votes to leave the EU then the SNP are up the creek without a paddle.
    Well I was referring to the actual EU referendum, being the referendum which will occur in the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    Well I was referring to the actual EU referendum, being the referendum which will occur in the next 5 years.
    Aye I understood that ! I meant if the EU referendum count shows the majority of the Scottish Electorate vote to leave the UK then the SNP can't claim they are representing the Scottish people if they force a referendum on that basis.

Same with trident current polls show the larger percentage of Scottish electorate either want trident or another nuclear deterrent so at the moment they can't claim that as a reason either.

If they are to launch another referendum it would have to be on an issue which shows they have the clear and unequivocal support of the majority of The Scottish electorate for another referendum.

At the moment Ms Sturgeon and the SNP party know full well they do not have sufficient support to win a referendum, what they are doing is behaving like opportunistic predators awaiting a moment of weakness to strike.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 16-Sep-15 at 18:27.

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Because Unionist what the live in a Tory Utopia with one red white and blue flag. A Westminster that rules without question . Where those who dare to question or what change are treated as the enemy . That's why the SNP can do nothing right and Cameron's Crew can do nothing wrong . It's Orwells 1984 as Unionist want it ,King Camerons photo will on doubt be added to the Union Jack . I just love the flag followers, their just so funny with their head in a bucket views. I wish them all the best. Some of us have done our bit of queen and country only to find out the truth ,which is far from from the picture some unionist would have you believe . Please don't comment . I just wish that if the SNP are so bad why do they up stick and move to the England they believe is the land of milk and honey .
    'Move to England? "
    There are more Scots in England than any city in Scotland. It might sound surprising, but according to the latest census figures, there are about 750,000 people born in Scotland who live south of the border. That's more than the population of Edinburgh or Glasgow" Wonder if it was 'the milk and honey' Dozy ?(www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27655496)
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

they reckon the EU referendum will be in 2017 so I guess you are probably correct.
    Utter tripe...............................go back to sleep another conned man !

Utter tripe...............................go back to sleep another conned man !
    Well if there is Not to be an EU referendum.
    Then that's great news for us 55% ers
    You must be privvy to more than I
    Anyway im off back to sleep
    Last edited by davth; 16-Sep-15 at 20:52.

Well if there is Not to be an EU referendum.
    Then that's great news for us 55% ers
    You must be privvy to more than I
    Anyway im off back to sleep
    Im not privy to anything ....why dont you follow events......sturgeon has stated that 2016 manifesto will contain a list of issues that COULD ie not WOULD trigger off indy 2 with the caveat that she would only conduct indy2 if she was sure of winning.....so to me that means no indy 2 for a very, very long time...enjoy yer sleep

Im not privy to anything ....why dont you follow events......sturgeon has stated that 2016 manifesto will contain a list of issues that COULD ie not WOULD trigger off indy 2 with the caveat that she would only conduct indy2 if she was sure of winning.....so to me that means no indy 2 for a very, very long time...enjoy yer sleep
    They were sure of winning last time, only to have their backsides handed to them in an embarrassing fashion.
    hopefully we will never see another referendum on Scottish independance.
    Besides that, you completely missed the point of my post #112

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast