Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: To neuter or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    Fred as you say, keeping dogs as pets is messing with nature?, then thousands of years ago when man first domesticated dogs, were there people like you running around cutting there bits of? No!. So the wee experiment of messing with nature has stood the test of time, without the vets help??
    As long as man has been domesticating animals he has been castrating them. Dogs, cattle, horses, sheep, humans, especially humans. It's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    As long as man has been domesticating animals he has been castrating them. Dogs, cattle, horses, sheep, humans, especially humans. It's nothing new.
    So you are pro docking fred? do you agree with docking dogs tails?

that question goes out to all the others who are pro neutoring?

there was a tail docking thread a few months ago, it would be interesting to have a look back and see peoples opinions on it?

So you are pro docking fred? do you agree with docking dogs tails?
    No, I'm against docking dogs tails.

Docking a dogs tail is purely cosmetic whereas there are several sound reasons for neutering.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    No, I'm against docking dogs tails.

Docking a dogs tail is purely cosmetic whereas there are several sound reasons for neutering.
    no it is not if the dog is a working breed it has a very important need to be done, you see this is where you have it all wrong, you would cut a dogs testicalls off at the age of 8-10 months with out a second thought yet find it unacceptable to shorten its tail when it is still a few days old? I know which one id prefer, i just think the trauma a dog will go through unimaginable.

both reasons are for there owners benifits, yet you find one ok but not the other, smacks of double standards to me, show me where it states catagorically that neutering is scientifically proven to be benificial?

no it is not if the dog is a working breed it has a very important need to be done, you see this is where you have it all wrong, you would cut a dogs testicalls off at the age of 8-10 months with out a second thought yet find it unacceptable to shorten its tail when it is still a few days old? I know which one id prefer, i just think the trauma a dog will go through unimaginable.

both reasons are for there owners benifits, yet you find one ok but not the other, smacks of double standards to me, show me where it states catagorically that neutering is scientifically proven to be benificial?
    God gave dogs tails for a lot of reasons, for balance, for communication, they are very useful parts of a dog's anatomy.

God gave dogs reproductive organs for one reason and one reason only and if they're never going to need them they're better off without them.

Don't take my word for it, ask any vet.