Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NHS Service in Caithness

Im confused now. We have a service in the are which we cannot get permenant Consultants to come and work. The service is only being able to continue by the locum consultants coming to work on short term contracts or whatever it is they agree to. Now they are the bain of the NHS Im lost. I want this service to continue I dont care what the consultsnts title is.
    My mother seldom said anything, but her sighs were loud enough

In the meantime management should be working tirelessly to address this situation which they themselves admit has been an ongoing problem for years if you can get locums to come to work here you should with the right package be able to get permanant staff. whether its doctors nurse physios anything. Unless the masterplan is to make the service look unsustainable then you can push through the ultimate plans for the hospital which has always been rumoured as downgrading.

The major problems is the senior managers of CGH, who are in charge of CGH and are very incompetent, who should be removed or dismissed for the way they handled the budget of CGH, no wonder they can't seem to either recruit or keep staff for the right job. For the staff who probably suffering low morale due to this, are doing wonderful job under the bad handling of the budget from the senior management, they should be thanked by the public. Its look like Grampian Situation has the GCH as well. Poor Management who only care about themselves, not caring how CGH is run.

Quote Originally Posted by robbain View Post
    The major problems is the senior managers of CGH, who are in charge of CGH and are very incompetent, who should be removed or dismissed for the way they handled the budget of CGH, no wonder they can't seem to either recruit or keep staff for the right job. For the staff who probably suffering low morale due to this, are doing wonderful job under the bad handling of the budget from the senior management, they should be thanked by the public. Its look like Grampian Situation has the GCH as well. Poor Management who only care about themselves, not caring how CGH is run.
    I have to agree with you on this senior management are most definitely to blame in this one. Too busy building and looking after their own empire. There was a big amalgamation of services a few years ago was management trimmed down then or are they all still there in different guises ?
    I am truly disheartende every time I read the Groat and see more headline disaster news, more innept decisions by management and even more dissapointingly more loss of services in whats supposed to be an advancing more modern hospital. In my day the hospital to me was far more able to deal with a far bigger variety of situations than now but maybe my memory is clouded and Im in need of some of the geriatric services which may or may not still be there.

I saw on twitter last night that Gibson our MSP & Gail Ross, Wick councillor where having a meeting today with NHS Highland about out of ours surgery at Wick. Don't know the outcome. At least some of our elected members are trying to do something.

Default I'm not holding my breath.

I received an email from Gail, Rob Gibson's PA very recently and if what was written was correct and I have no reason to believe that it was not , then like most of the folk up here, he too has been kept very ill informed.

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    I received an email from Gail, Rob Gibson's PA very recently and if what was written was correct and I have no reason to believe that it was not , then like most of the folk up here, he too has been kept very ill informed.
    I wonder if Rob Gibson has been very ill informed or has he been deceived?

On the one hand we have a crisis that affects the lives of EVERY, and I mean EVERY, single person in the North whether they be a resident or visitor to our region. In those terms it could be argued that this is our biggest crisis since World War 2! Therefore, I would expect every single politician in the North to be banging every drum he could find to get a resolution. So if Rob Gibson is very ill informed is that because he hasn't seen the seriousness of the situation and immediately started knocking heads together, or has he been doing just that but come up against NHS Highlands 'Ministry of Misinformation'. If the Inverness Press Office was disbanded they could save enough money to take on another surgeon AND provide a package of inducements to get the right people up here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Superior View Post
    I wonder if Rob Gibson has been very ill informed or has he been deceived?

On the one hand we have a crisis that affects the lives of EVERY, and I mean EVERY, single person in the North whether they be a resident or visitor to our region. In those terms it could be argued that this is our biggest crisis since World War 2! Therefore, I would expect every single politician in the North to be banging every drum he could find to get a resolution. So if Rob Gibson is very ill informed is that because he hasn't seen the seriousness of the situation and immediately started knocking heads together, or has he been doing just that but come up against NHS Highlands 'Ministry of Misinformation'. If the Inverness Press Office was disbanded they could save enough money to take on another surgeon AND provide a package of inducements to get the right people up here!
    Oh dear Robs not misinfored hes chosing to gently bang the drum make the right whispers, hes raised his head just a little above the paarapet and now he will duck back down where he will try to stay until the election is over. Cant be seen to criticise NHS when its being run ultimatly by his administration and theres an election cant highlight any negatives just now. Lifes all rosy under SNSP.

Quote Originally Posted by gerry4 View Post
    I saw on twitter last night that Gibson our MSP & Gail Ross, Wick councillor where having a meeting today with NHS Highland about out of ours surgery at Wick. Don't know the outcome. At least some of our elected members are trying to do something.
    Me thinks the only ones who can sort this mess is NHS bosses and they are neither willing or capable in my oppinion.

I see the biggest crisis to hit Caithness since the Second World War still has not registered on any of our elected representatives websites or facebook and twitter pages. But, just a minute, I see Rob Gibson has just tweeted the following: 'Severe weather warnings have been issued for Highland with hurricane winds expected'. Yep, that's right Rob just keep your head down and you'll be OK!

where is all the wind coming from perhaps out of rob gibson back side for all the good he does

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    where is all the wind coming from perhaps out of rob gibson back side for all the good he does
    I believe the only cure for the condition is to sit on your hands!

I see the biggest crisis to hit Caithness since the Second World War still has not registered on any of our elected representatives websites or facebook and twitter pages. But, just a minute, I see Rob Gibson has just tweeted the following: 'Severe weather warnings have been issued for Highland with hurricane winds expected'. Yep, that's right Rob just keep your head down and you'll be OK!
    Have we seen the Labour MSP's for the area twitting about the situation here? Must say I haven't. I am not a big fan of Gibson, nor am I a SNP member but at least he HAS had a meeting with NHS Highland. More than our other MSPs for the area have done.

Have we seen the Labour MSP's for the area twitting about the situation here? Must say I haven't. I am not a big fan of Gibson, nor am I a SNP member but at least he HAS had a meeting with NHS Highland. More than our other MSPs for the area have done.
    Sounds like everything will be fine then.

I see this morning that NHS Highland have announced this morning that they are expanding their team of Consultant Surgeons working at Raigmore from 13 to 14 with another appointment in March. Yet, despite the NHS Highland Medical Director stating in December that they were currently, at that time, advertising for a Surgeon for CGH nobody could find the advertisement then and there is still no sign of it. Perhaps they put the advert in Vets Weekly by mistake?

This has just been issued by NHS Highland. They are hoping to expand the surgical procedures in Wick.

http://www.nhshighland.scot.nhs.uk/N...lservices.aspx

This has just been issued by NHS Highland. They are hoping to expand the surgical procedures in Wick.

Thank you Gerry.

http://www.nhshighland.scot.nhs.uk/N...lservices.aspx let hope this is just no talk to keep us quite and it is put into practice

I was unlucky enough to have a heart attack on Hogmannay. I can only praise the team at Caithness General, however, what really concerned me is that I had to be airlifted to Aberdeen as there is no cardiac emergency care service in Inverness out with Mon - Fri 9-3. This includes no cover on public holidays. I find it ridiculous that with something as common as a heart attack, there is no service within NHS Highland to help you are that you have to go to another NHS area. I can only give the highest praise to the Aberdeen team as well who were outstanding, whilst under extreme pressure through lack of beds and short staffing.

In addition I have to go back in 6 weeks to have a 2nd stent fitted, which again has to be done in Aberdeen. What on earth are NHS Highland playing at?? They said on the news they were not busy when every other trust was under pressure this week, however, there is little wonder when they don't have the ability to do anything within NHS Highland.

I will believe this when I see it given Caithness has only one surgeon and a diminishing anaesthetics team for knowcking us poor old souls out I will not hold my breath.

Hi Mother Superior

This was shared on Gail Ross's Facebook Page on 6th Jan

Conclusion of the meeting with NHS Highland today -
    Out of hours surgery at Caithness General Hospital has not changed.
    Surgery will continue to be provided as normal.
    Any emergency surgery not provided for in Wick will transfer to Raigmore as normal.
    CGH is integral to medical and surgical provision in the Highlands.
    Surgeons and consultants are to be recruited Highland wide to share services.
    A group, consisting of management, staff, councillors, patients and the wider community is too look at the way forward.
    NHS Highland and all partner agencies are committed to the future improvement of CGH.

And this yesterday
    In regards to the article in today's Courier "Press Banned from Meeting about Hospital Surgical Cover" I'd like to make the following points -
    The press were never invited as it wasn't a public meeting,
    It was not a Caithness and Sutherland Area Committee meeting,
    It wasn't only me and Deirdre that were against them reporting from the meeting, NHS Highland reps made it very clear that they would have to reconsider their position if the press stayed,
    We were there to help find a solution and this would have been extremely counterproductive,
    There was a possibility of sensitive and confidential information being discussed regarding individual persons and contracts,
    The meeting was never advertised as a public meeting,
    People needed to speak frankly and the presence of the press may have restricted that,
    Shock, horror, we do actually have meetings to try and remedy situations without making them public. I call it 'doing my job' and I do it whether the paper covers it or not,
    The press has already been told that we would contact them when the meeting concluded to brief them on the main issues,
    We are looking forward to working alongside NHS Highland to try and resolve the current staffing situation,
    There will be more meetings, including public ones, and the press will be more than welcome to attend,
    No decisions about changes to service were made, these will be made in public and with consultation,
    We need to focus on the positive story that came from the meeting, that surgical cover continues, THAT is the public interest story.
    I know that Gail did ask that these posts were shared. Hope that helps

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast